• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Not Top 10 - August 25th, 2013 - Cumberland, RI

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
**This tournament is being hosted by the owner of this venue to get newer players into the smash scene. However I will be helping him run event and spreading the word through smashboards.**

Amateur Bracket for all players that are not in the top 10 in NE PR. It is designed for new players to get experience in tournaments.

All Players can play in Doubles and Crews

APEX Ruleset: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/

This will most likely be my last tourney for the summer. Again it is on a Sunday so I hope everyone, especially newer players, can make it.

Schedule
11:00 am - Doors open
12:30 pm - Sign up for Brawl Doubles
1:00 pm - Brawl Doubles Begins
2:30 pm - Brawl Doubles ends/Sign ups for singles
3:00 pm- Brawl Singles Begin
5:00 pm- Crews**

**Or whenever Brawl Singles finish.

Venue Fee: $5
Singles Entry Fee: $5 / Person
Doubles Entry Fee: $10 / Team ($5 per person)

All prizes will be paid in cash.

•Prize pools (Singles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

•Prize Pools (Doubles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%
*If less than 12 teams sign up, the pot split will go 65/35/0

doodlmyr

Smash Rookie
How many people are you looking to get?
Cuz I'm looking for a tournament near me and smashachusetts got canceled which sucks hard.

Havenshine

Smash Cadet
This one won't be streamed but i will see if we can record the matches. I am hoping for 16-20 but if all the players that aren't in the top 10 come, it should be a good turnout. I am hoping that a bunch of players that have come the last few that are new come and also players like cosmic slide and teej. I will let you know the status of recording the matches which shouldn't be too much of a problem. I just need the stupid $2 adapter

D

Deleted member

Delta, on the AiB page it says singles is 10$. Which one is it?

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for some reason posts on this page are not alerting me. To answer your question, we usually get at least 10-15 players. This tournament is geared toward newer players, but there's still good completion and prizes to be won. We have people with wii's who save matches, so we can probably look into saving and uploading matches. I've gotten new players every time, though this one is hosted by havenshine not me this time.

doodlmyr

Smash Rookie
This one won't be streamed but i will see if we can record the matches. I am hoping for 16-20 but if all the players that aren't in the top 10 come, it should be a good turnout. I am hoping that a bunch of players that have come the last few that are new come and also players like cosmic slide and teej. I will let you know the status of recording the matches which shouldn't be too much of a problem. I just need the stupid $2 adapter

Mhmm.... me and a few buddies want to go to a tournament for once but its almost a 2 hour drive and for just 16 people I don't know if that's worth it.... That sorta stinks. I'm still planning on coming though. I'm assuming no commentators?

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Well to be honest to you that's the average NE tourneis get. The tourney and MA last week got about 25 entries and that was considered a "good tournout". The closest tournies that consistently get 30+ entries are down in NJ, which is a much longer drive. However some benefits are more time to play friendly matches so hope to see you and your friends there.

Top Bottom