• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The FE talk reminds me, I got to redo my conquest playthrough. Because boy oh boy are most of my unit's underleveled for the endgame. :p
I had a similar problem but my units were underpowered
I have a bad tendency of promoting my units as soon as I'm able to
Laslow couldn't double or take hits, Niles and Selena got RNG screwed(and Bow Knight sucks), Corrin has **** defenses, Silas needed My Castle skills to be viable and Peri has terrible hit rate
But did you unlock all of the paralogues? You could simply grind out supports with Before Awakening or castle battles
Poor Scarlet, killed horribly in Conquest, can't marry lobster lord despite all of the teases (especially in Relevations), forced to marry only one man, who proposes with the line "I want you to decorate me... with your love", and now killed out of nowhere in Relevations. Is Birthright really the only place where she can be happy?

On another note, Chapter 18 was kind of fun. It can be a bit tedious, but at least with the right units you can get it down rather quickly.

I probably should see Zootopia at this point, I wasn't really sure on the movie at first, but from what I'm hearing it seems like it'd be a lot of fun to watch.
Fates spoilers
Even worse are the **** implications in Conquest

Her death is weird
It's kinda like Kaze but not really because Kaze is a relevant character and Scarlet can't be saved
Like, anyone else could have fit her role better
Like Mozu or another Hoshido character or Mozu
Man, **** Mozu

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Poor Shinies. Neglected by both Smash and Pokken.
I think part of the reason for that is that pokemon doesn't always pick the best alternate color choices for their shinies.

Especially old ones which could very well be redone

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Poor Shinies. Neglected by both Smash and Pokken.
I'm perfectly fine by that because I'd rather not see the gawd awful pink and yellow that Weavile's shiny gets....
not to mention it'd be problematic for characters like Gengar, Pikachu, and Garchomp who's shinies are barely noticeably different...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've given up ages ago expecting shiny Pokémon outside of the core games (heck, they're rarely acknowledged in the core games outside of special distributions too).

If the Pokémon team doesn't want to embrace shinies for color alts then so be it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is it sad that I watched the video and only thought of Flintstones when I heard the music? Darn you Gilvasunner....
This is all I could hear in it to lol.

I didn't think it was as good as the reviews say. But it was still a cute and enjoyable movie. Had a good message.

My theater experience was sort of ruined by a bunch of furries. Not in costume, but you can tell by how they laughed at the stupidest jokes. Kind of gross.
To be fair Disney knew this was going to happen, and embraced it knowing the community makes for a huge cash cow in the movie, and is probably a big part in the movie being so popular and successful.

Families love it because it's a family friendly movie, Children love for the same reason. disney fans will see it regardless, and embrace the appeal of animals brings in an entire new level, the furries.

So it kind of worked out for Disney.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
All I know about Zootopia is that furries love it. Furries creep me out, therefore, I'm not sure I want to try watching it
>Implying only furries will like it.

Didn't stop me from loving Robin Hood and the other dime-a-dozen animal-based Disney films when I was little kid.

D

Deleted member

If Zootopia is only for furries does that mean that Inside Out is only for those with unstable emotions?
So that's why I liked it so much :'^)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I remember the days when Disney were living off of anthropomorphized animals...

They go back to making a film about them and....'Muh Furries'...

plz...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Do you think you'll enjoy the movie? Do you think it would be fun to watch and you want to go see it? If both of those answers are yes, then I don't see what the problem is with it appealing to furries. Yes, it does, but it's not exclusive to them (or to kids, or any other group), so it doesn't really matter as they're just another group that makes up a part of the movies' fanbase that enjoy it and they overall are not going to ruin the movie for you.

If we let things like that deter us from watching movies, then we would've missed out on a lot of gems like the aforementioned Robin Hood.

Fates spoilers
Even worse are the **** implications in Conquest

Her death is weird
It's kinda like Kaze but not really because Kaze is a relevant character and Scarlet can't be saved
Like, anyone else could have fit her role better
Like Mozu or another Hoshido character or Mozu
Man, **** Mozu
Leave Mozu alone!

And really, that's just it, her death is just odd. We barely know her, it comes out of nowhere, we can't prevent it, and most characters would've fit it better since we knew them for more then 10 seconds. It would've had more of an effect if it was someone like Jakob, who we knew much more strongly, but instead, it's the poor girl who can't catch a break in anything except Birthright.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I remember the days when Disney were living off of anthropomorphized animals...

They go back to making a film about them and....'Muh Furries'...

plz...
I made a post about this before, but it isn't BECAUSE it's a movie about animals.

While there are a couple of factors involved, the main thing you need to know is that the animators behind the movie asked people to tweet pictures of them in fursuits.

This movie was entirely intended to be aimed at furries.

Granted, I don't think that's a bad thing. I have a friend who is a furry. It's nice that he has a movie that really speaks to him. And it's a large enough demographic that companies would do well to put out products that speak to them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Walt Disney - Pigs Is Pigs - 1954

Hilarious

It's a cartoon for children about bureaucracy

Using Irish (And a scottish) stereotypes

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25578601/this-is-some-information-about-pokemon-sun-moon

Probably fake, but I like this!

This is some information about Pokemon SUN & MOON. I'm not an English Speaker,sorry about my poor English

New Region is not based on Hawaii, Cities Named after constellations
Starters:
Grass: elephant, Grass/Psychic Final evolution. Pure Fire Ocelot. Water/Fairy nymph
New Megas: Johto starters, Braviary, Dragonite, kingdra, Skarmory, Cloyster and 10 more
Pofessor Elm will make an appearance
2 rivals. One of them will mildly turn into the "Dark side"
Kalos in the Post Game: 3 New Gym Leaders.
Sun and Moon Pokemons involved in a Myth about two queens.
Grass/Dragon Legendary
Next Month Corocoro will show a new pokemon, a Normal/Dark based of a opossum

Opossum Opossum Did you make this?
:p

If true, I am sure you'll enjoy it!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25578601/this-is-some-information-about-pokemon-sun-moon

This is some information about Pokemon SUN & MOON. I'm not an English Speaker,sorry about my poor English

Starters:
Grass: elephant, Grass/Psychic Final evolution. Pure Fire Ocelot. Water/Fairy nymph
New Megas: Johto starters, Braviary, Dragonite, kingdra, Skarmory, Cloyster and 10 more
Grass/Dragon Legendary

That's kind of funny. I always thought there should be an elephant starter. Although I would have made it water

Burruni

Smash Hero

Starters:
Grass/Dragon Legendary

Water/Fairy is something I think is very likely.
But I'm gonna hold onto the Zodiac unless I'm proven wrong next month.

D

Deleted member

Do you think you'll enjoy the movie? Do you think it would be fun to watch and you want to go see it? If both of those answers are yes, then I don't see what the problem is with it appealing to furries. Yes, it does, but it's not exclusive to them (or to kids, or any other group), so it doesn't really matter as they're just another group that makes up a part of the movies' fanbase that enjoy it and they overall are not going to ruin the movie for you.

If we let things like that deter us from watching movies, then we would've missed out on a lot of gems like the aforementioned Robin Hood.

Leave Mozu alone!

And really, that's just it, her death is just odd. We barely know her, it comes out of nowhere, we can't prevent it, and most characters would've fit it better since we knew them for more then 10 seconds. It would've had more of an effect if it was someone like Jakob, who we knew much more strongly, but instead, it's the poor girl who can't catch a break in anything except Birthright.
Even worse, there's no incentive to using her or caring about her
Kaze has it that if you use him, you can save him
But Scarlet can't so anything you spend on her is wasted
Exp, seals, stat boosting items and probably anything she's holding at the moment
You could probably just use her as death fodder for the chapters she's in too with no consequence whatsoever

BananaBake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aardvark001
3DS FC
2853-0928-1374
STORY TIME: HOW BANANABAKE GOT HIS SMASH 4 MAIN
>Picks up 3DS at Gamestop
>Little Sister's favorite game is AC New Leaf
>Downloads SSB4 demo
>"Morgen, who do you want me to be?"
>*gasps* "IS THAT THE ANIMAL CROSSING MAYOR!!!???"
>"I think so"
>"PICK HIM"
>*cycles through colors*
>*finds purple #4*
>*Plays Villager and likes the character*
>*keeps playing*
>gits gud
>THE END

Bananija

Count of Trickery
That's kinda like saying that if Hitler sat in chairs, chairs must be evil.
Wait you mean chairs aren't evil?! Are you implying I burnt all those chairs for no reason?

I need to see that movie.

STORY TIME: HOW BANANABAKE GOT HIS SMASH 4 MAIN
>Picks up 3DS at Gamestop
>Little Sister's favorite game is AC New Leaf
>Downloads SSB4 demo
>"Morgen, who do you want me to be?"
>*gasps* "IS THAT THE ANIMAL CROSSING MAYOR!!!???"
>"I think so"
>"PICK HIM"
>*cycles through colors*
>*finds purple #4*
>*Plays Villager and likes the character*
>*keeps playing*
>gits gud
>THE END
10/10, would read again ( in fact I already did it).

It's kinda touching you're maining because you used him first for your little sister.:sadeyes:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Does anyone wish for atleast some kind of G&W remix? Like a true one, in Smash? I did hear a good remix of Octopus on youtube but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom