• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Rate Wiggins' Luigi Thread

Wiggins

Smash Ace
So it's been a long time since I've posted new Luigi vids for criticism and stuff. So I though what better time than now. :D

Me vs Zakosai. All Luigi vs Ganondorf.

Match 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jfbmxKZx6U

Match 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1MKZRxyiKY

Match 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEeLA1Tvi-o

Match 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCfEvl0efGQ

Match 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plao97mxh2I

So yea, let me know what to work on, what I need to do less, etc etc.

Thaaaanks. :D

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I like diversity in my smash game. On top of weeg, falcon, fox, falco and doc I'm starting to pick up that crazy lttle yellow pokeman with the wizard cap.

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
I'll help the best I can...

1: Spacing is very good. However, at 1:37, it was unnecessary to knock him out and trade stocks, just the traditional edgehog would have been sufficient (wavedash to edge, grab ledge, watch Ganon fall). 2:17, you did the same thing by hitting him, but knocked him out anyway, so the goods canceled the bad in that. The end couldn't be helped, all the same you didn't do bad.

2: Much better (though i have to say the sideb's are a bit unnecessary). 1:00 was a missed edgehog/easy stock. 1:25, another sideb would have helped. No matter. Compliments at the 2:05 edgeguard. 2:41 another excellent edgeguard. Nice use of the fireballs throughout. 3:43 thank god for the misfire (lol).

3: Nice use of the grabs in the first minute or so (lol fail at Ganon's death at 1:00). Gimp at 1:35 was unavoidable, but nice button mashing for the Cyclone. Compliments of the edgeguard at 2:25, all the same, it might have been easier to grab the edge. Missed edgehog at 3:00, would have killed him, making it even. That's what ultimately caused your demise.

4: ... Why did you depend on the sideb to kill yourself? Only use that for the sake of your recovery (mindgames, maybe). However, if you do it by accident and it works, great. Although you get off to a bad start, you rebound nicely, with the great edgeguard at 1:16. You do a nice comeback, no other criticism on this match, other than stop using the misfires on the ground.

5: What I have noticed is that, throughout all 5 matches, you consistently techroll right into the second hit of Ganon's dsmash after he hits you. Vary the directions of the techrolls, or dont tech at all, as you have invincibility frames when you get up attacking or you roll from solid contact with the ground. Also, he is reading your movement in the air extremely well, and punishing accordingly. DI slightly differently, or in a different direction to throw Ganon's rhythm off. DAMMIT STOP MISFIRING WHILE YOU'RE OVER THE STAGE!

Oh well, you lost, big deal.

Usually this match is even, slightly leaning towards Luigi's favor.

Make more use of the throws and the uair. Try and do a wavedash + smash attack
Try and avoid the grabs, as Ganon is essentially the same as CF: Grab=Death.

Hope it helped :chuckle:

*EDIT: abuse wavedash + ftilt

Wiggins

Smash Ace
2: (though i have to say the sideb's are a bit unnecessary).

4: ... Why did you depend on the sideb to kill yourself? Only use that for the sake of your recovery (mindgames, maybe). However, if you do it by accident and it works, great. Although you get off to a bad start, you rebound nicely, with the great edgeguard at 1:16. You do a nice comeback, no other criticism on this match, other than stop using the misfires on the ground.

5: DAMMIT STOP MISFIRING WHILE YOU'RE OVER THE STAGE!

Hope it helped :chuckle:
Lol, that misfires that didn't make sense were all accidental. I didn't even want to missile, but I effed up and did it and died.

Thanks for the tips though. :D

I like diversity in my smash game. On top of weeg, falcon, fox, falco and doc I'm starting to pick up that crazy lttle yellow pokeman with the wizard cap.
Aw ye you know what's up.

It's so sexy when you cannon ball with the wizard hat. The white ball on the top of the hat makes that thing look so deadly!

Falcon, Fox, Falco, Doc, Samus, Marth, Jiggs, Peach, ths list goes on :p

Dart

Smash Lord
instead of being mediocre with every character in the game. *if it aint azen its done son* just pick like 1-2-possibly 3 characters that you find you have the most enjoyable/best time with and stick to them.

RealMenWearPink

Smash Rookie
ehh, i play for fun, but i dont go to any competitions, been playing for a few months. I've lurked here a bit on luigi boards, but didnt really post much.

You finally taking him seriously now or still switching back and forth? XD I've got subs on reneblades account so most of ur matches he uploads i see. I really need to pick a ****ing name and stick with it, my msn/aol are samuraiking related, youtube is grassdragoon and here its realmenwearpink... ugh.

Do you actually go to the tourneys now or are the vids reneblade uploads the ones u play with a group of friends?

Turazrok

Smash Master
ehh, i play for fun, but i dont go to any competitions, been playing for a few months. I've lurked here a bit on luigi boards, but didnt really post much.

You finally taking him seriously now or still switching back and forth? XD I've got subs on reneblades account so most of ur matches he uploads i see. I really need to pick a ****ing name and stick with it, my msn/aol are samuraiking related, youtube is grassdragoon and here its realmenwearpink... ugh.

Do you actually go to the tourneys now or are the vids reneblade uploads the ones u play with a group of friends?
He went to the last Laffy tourney. He's legit!

BTW I was the youngest one there who played melee dubs friendlies :O Nice weegee.

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
lol^
instead of being mediocre with every character in the game. *if it aint azen its done son* just pick like 1-2-possibly 3 characters that you find you have the most enjoyable/best time with and stick to them.
Until you get to a certain level, this is the way to go.

At some point, it's a must to diversify. Look at anyone from local good players to the greats like Ken and Mango, they can all do well with many characters and get better from that.

Wiggins might be at the point where he can do that, if so then good.

If you're ever NOT improving from using other characters, then stop and simplify instead.

Haven't watched more than 30 seconds but you were going above Ganons head way too much, and from the ledge too. Learn to WD on stage from the ledge and do that over almost anything unless edgeguarding. You can go across the stage invincible and attacking or then in your shield, abuse that, nobody else can abuse you for it.

Ganon needed to ftilt you more in that first bit too. ;)

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
So, I watched the first three videos.

Time prohibits me from doing an in-depth analysis on the vids, but I'll say my sentiments mirror those of dragnet's. I will add: It may help to play your Luigi a little more conservatively. There were some approaches I thought were a little too dangerous, which can pose a problem if you have to recover back on the stage and whatnot.

Other than that, just use your fireballs and SHFFLed uairs (and main Weegee obv. :012:) and you will be good to go.

I give your Weegee a B-. ;)

Top Bottom