• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The name's Bond... James Bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Even though Sakurai has stated that only video game characters can get in Super Smash Bros, the legendary secret agent James Bond was actually considered for inclusion. Alongside Nintendo favs like Mewtwo, Mew, Bowser and Ganondorf. With help from MGM Studios (who are actually rather flippant about allowing their characters to be used in crossovers), could Bond finally make it into a game with a bunch of Nintendo fudge beggas? What with Goldeneye Reloaded being Wii exclusive, this is a very real possibility.

(Oh... Well this thread can be deleted then... :facepalm:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

James Bond was never considered.

Your source is Did You Know Gaming, isn't it?
They got their information wrong. They confused a poll for fans to vote what characters they want to see for developers' considerations.

EDIT: And to top it off, when looking through the questionnaire on the official site (which I have not finished yet), Sakurai made notion that characters such as James Bond, Popeye, and Nakayama Miho (a real person), not being characters Nintendo actually has ownership of, would be more cost than the developers would be willing to pay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
CrossoverMan, Please add more content to your OP including images, gameplay/move set ideas, or something other than a block of text.

Bond is also technically 4th party and they are typically not allowed. However, Bond has appeared on many games on the Nintendo systems; including Goldeneye which was a revolutionary and legendary game. I feel this helps him get a support thread.

Depending how this thread proceeds and if you revamp the OP, I may leave this thread open or close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom