• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mr. Saturn Support Thread! Boing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
image.jpg

From the Earthbound Wiki, Zoom!
The Mr. Saturn (どせいさん Dosei-san) are a species inEarthBound and Mother 3 and serve as the unofficial mascot for the trilogy. They are strange, possibly extra-terrestrial life forms who reside in both Eagleland's Saturn Valley and the Nowhere Islands's Saturn Valley in EarthBound and Mother 3, respectively. They are characterized by huge noses, four whiskers, and a single hair with a small red bow. They are generally very peaceful and generous, offering free stays at the hotel and coffee. They speak Saturnian (composed of odd looking English letters), and erratically use the words "boing," "ding," and "zoom" at the ends of their sentences. The Japanese font is said to be inspired by the handwriting of the young daughter of EarthBound's designer,Shigesato Itoi.

Moveset, ding
Will add movesets if anybody makes one, zoom.

Icons, boing
Will add roster maker icons, ding.

Sig Icons, zoom
Will add sig icons, boing.

Supporters List
SuperBrawler, MorbidAltruism, God Roberts Cousin, Protom, Tepig2000, PigmaskColonel,

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
We really have no ideas.
I agree with this sentiment to a greater extent. I might get flamed for this, but I honestly feel like Sakurai going to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel when he adds characters like Isaac and Shulk. Mr. Saturn has Smash relevance, it is a good idea. :cool:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
You know what? Sure. I support.

Only because Mr. Saturn is one awesome son-of-a-gun.

Show me this isn't a joke thread and I'll even work on a moveset.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Mr. Saturn should permanently maintain a supporting item role; I'd much rather prefer this.

In terms of introducing Mother characters, it's either Porky (in a stylized mech-suit), Giygas (Mother physical body with an Earthbound aura-like atmosphere), or nothing at all.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Still better then Issac and other rediculous crap
The statement in itself is crass enough to make me think you're trolling, yet the awful grammar makes me think you really are that uneducated in regards to what makes a character "rediculous".

Please avoid throwing out necessary flames towards other characters. At the very least, do it for folks actually relevant to the thread like other item-characters or EarthBound-characters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The tone of the OP points in the direction of a joke thread... which will lead to it being locked sooner or later. Just putting it out.

Though, once Mr. Saturn is confirmed as an item, I'll lock the thread. No ifs and buts.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Interesting fact...

The popularity poll for characters in Melee had Mr. Saturn as an option.

If my translation is right, Mr. Saturn tied with the Pokemon Trainer and an unknown Fire Emblem character at 18 votes.

More votes than Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Falco, Wolf, Pit, Sonic, Mega Man and Ice Climbers, all of which were also on the poll.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Yet ANOTHER thread for a character with no chance...oy.
The statement in itself is crass enough to make me think you're trolling, yet the awful grammar makes me think you really are that uneducated in regards to what makes a character "rediculous".

Please avoid throwing out necessary flames towards other characters. At the very least, do it for folks actually relevant to the thread like other item-characters or EarthBound-characters.
I just stated my opinion. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom