• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Moogle Support Thread: A Final Fantasy Mascot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace

Hello and welcome to the official Moogle support thread! Moogles are a race of peaceful creatures in the Final Fantasy series and are one of the mascots along with Chocobos and the Black Mage. I think one of them would be a good addition into Smash.

[collapse=Moveset by me]B (10 Needles): Moogle summons a Cactuar in front of her, who uses a needle as a spear. Every time it is used, it does 10% damage.
Side B (Pom-Pom Whip): Moogle whips her pom-pom forward, which, if it hits, grabs the enemy.
Up B (Moogle Uppercut): Moogle performs an uppercut while flying with her tiny wings.
Down B (Regenerate): Moogle summons hearts in a circle around her, healing 20% damage to herself and anyone around her. Good for recovery, but your opponents can get healed too.
Final Smash (Chocobo Rider): Moogle rides around on a Chocobo, flying around and hitting enemies. Press A to kick the opponent with the Chocobo, dealing massive knockback.[/collapse]
[collapse=Moveset by Critzilean]
I think a moogle would be cool if it used a moveset inspired by Mog from FF6. A attacks could use the different weapons from the game while B attacks would use his various dances. Something like:

Special: Dusk Requiem- Moogle summons 4 ghostly flames that float around him for 4 seconds, they deal 3% each and have little knockback, but apply a random elemental effect (they change color based on the effect. So blue is ice, red is fire, purple darkness, etc.)

Side Special: Snowman Jazz- Moogle rolls into a snowball that gradually grow and gains more damage, but becomes slower as well.

Up Special: Wind Rhapsody- A small tornado appears pushing Moogle into the air and dealing continuous damage to enemies. The tornado lasts for ~3 seconds, Moogle will balance on top until the tornado disappears.

Down Special: Earth Blues- Moogle starts to dance as long as you press B or for 2 seconds after he finishes a small rock slide occurs on each side of it, the duration is increase based on how long the dance was held.[/collapse]
Supporters: Fortanono, Critzilean, Tepig2000, Pacack, Keybladeguy, IsmaR

So, I hope you enjoyed this thread, I hope you want Moogles in SSB4, peace out!

Last edited:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I think a moogle would be cool if it used a moveset inspired by Mog from FF6. Normal attacks could use the different weapons from the game while Spacial attacks would use his various dances. Something like:

Special: Dusk Requiem- Moogle summons 4 ghostly flames that float around him for 4 seconds, they deal 3% each and have little knockback, but apply a random elemental effect (they change color based on the effect. So blue is ice, red is fire, purple darkness, etc.)

Side Special: Snowman Jazz- Moogle rolls into a snowball that gradually grow and gains more damage, but becomes slower as well. 5-15% damage.

Up Special: Wind Rhapsody- A small tornado appears pushing Moogle into the air and dealing continuous damage to enemies. The tornado lasts for ~3 seconds, Moogle will balance on top until the tornado disappears.

Down Special: Earth Blues- Moogle starts to dance as long as you press B or for 2 seconds after he finishes a small rock slide occurs on each side of it, the duration is increase based on how long the dance was held. deals 8-20% with the full rock slide

Your moveset is cool as well, I fully support Moogle for Smash 4:colorful:

Last edited:

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I think a moogle would be cool if it used a moveset inspired by Mog from FF6. A attacks could use the different weapons from the game while B attacks would use his various dances. Something like:

Side Special: Snowman Jazz- Moogle rolls into a snowball that gradually grow and gains more damage, but becomes slower as well.

Down Special: Earth Blues- Moogle starts to dance as long as you press B or for 2 seconds after he finishes a small rock slide occurs on each side of it, the duration is increase based on how long the dance was held.
Okay! I just know barely anything about FF attacks, so I just made the moveset I had.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I don't really like Final Fantasy at all, but if Squenix was to get a rep (and I really really doubt that they would) it would be either this or the Black Mage.

Not Geno.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Moogle..... Bout time for this thread! Supporting. Always adored the moogles with the cute little pom poms and the kupo and the KINGDOM HEARTS JOBS. Oh the glavin.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't really like Final Fantasy at all, but if Squenix was to get a rep (and I really really doubt that they would) it would be either this or the Black Mage.

Not Geno.
Oh course Geno wouldn't REP Square Enix, he's a Mario character

geno supporters don't expect him to represent the company of Square Enix

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Oh course Geno wouldn't REP Square Enix, he's a Mario character

geno supporters don't expect him to represent the company of Square Enix
Considering they own him, technically even if he "repped" Mario, he would be repping Square as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom