• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Master of Puppetry: Taranza for Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Taranza

Summary
Taranza is an antagonist in Kirby Triple Deluxe. He kidnaps King Dedede and tries to take over Dream Land.
-He is actually the servant of the evil Queen Sectonia, who abandons hime when he fails in his orders. He later saves Kirby and King Dedede.-

Why Taranza?
He is from a recent game, and could bring a Puppet Master style into Smash, which hasn't been done yet.

Moveset
Taranza is a puppeteer, so he could attack by controlling Waddle Dees and other creatures.
B: A flower quickly sprouts from the ground, turns into a small Flowery Woods, and explodes.
Side B: Dark Blast
Shoots a dark orb of energy forward. It homes in.
Up B: String Tether
A tether recovery.
Down B: Puppetry
A Waddle Dee or Waddle Doo appears and Taranza takes control of it for 3 seconds. During this time, Taranza can take damage, but he can't flinch.
Final Smash: Puppet Master
Taranza takes control of a bunch of Kirby enemies and bosses and they attack Taranza's opponents.

Supporters
dimensionsword64

Last edited:

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Not widely know. So an assist might be in order.... And that thread title...
Master of puppets pulling your STRINGS
Just call my name 'cause I'll hear you scream
BLINDED by me you can't see a THING
Just call my name 'cause I'll hear you scream...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I think this is too late of a game to get character representation. As much as I actually love Taranza, he's just not getting in.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
It's alright. No one's favorites are getting it it looks like. My Validar certainly won't.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Yeah, I don't think he will be getting in, but I do think he has a least a chance (albeit, a .0001 chance).

Adam.HI

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-1551-1007
I believe part of the problem is that Taranza doesn't even show his powers off that much, so creating a moveset for him is no easy task. Especialy when there's so much more than the four basic attacks. All-in-all i wish he was there, but I see no way in creating him.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I agree, Magolor should totally be a playable after Bandana Waddle Dee gets a spot in Smash Bros. His magical attacks and recent recurrence in the series has really made him...

...What? This isn't Magolor? Oh.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I believe part of the problem is that Taranza doesn't even show his powers off that much, so creating a moveset for him is no easy task. Especialy when there's so much more than the four basic attacks. All-in-all i wish he was there, but I see no way in creating him.
Well, the same could be said for Captain Falcon.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Taranza's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom