• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Rhyme_

Smash Rookie
I was having that L trigger issue and i just swapped it out with a trigger from an older controller i had and it works well. I can bring a triwing to the shrimp if you want.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I have blisters on my fingers from trying to get some of this tech down. Learned quite a bit from today's stream.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Idk how Emukiller does that up-b cancel on the ledge. I can do how M2K was doing it in grand finals, but I have no clue how to get the timing down for Emu's.

Robert Lee

Smash Apprentice
In regards to the tournament, when a battle is over between 2 or more players whether it's single or doubles, can I change characters for the next battle?

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Here's how that works.

Winner of the match bans a stage.
Loser picks a stage.
Loser picks a character or stays.
Winner picks a character or stays.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
In regards to the tournament, when a battle is over between 2 or more players whether it's single or doubles, can I change characters for the next battle?
In short, yes. I was going to explain as well, but I'm afraid of triggering any more questions.

'V'

Smash Lord
For anyone that's curious from yesterday's tournament, Monday Nights at The Cove still happen even the Monday right after the monthlies on Sundays.

Come out tonight and play some games. Bring setups. I'll have my P:M setup, as usual.

'V'

Smash Lord
I did say that I was starting on Monday, so I guess that means I'm starting tonight.

I'm about to have a giant list of characters in P:M...

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
Lol, just main 1 character(Zelda) and stick with her no matter what and you will be able to conquer any mu

'V'

Smash Lord
Lol, just main 1 character(Zelda) and stick with her no matter what and you will be able to conquer any mu
Tried that in Melee. Didn't work out quite so well.

Besides, I have fun learning lots of characters. It's kinda what I do in Smash games for the most part. :)

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
@ iceman48 iceman48 what time is the friendly tonight?
I'll be there after 7, probably 7:15-7:30. You coming?

Tried that in Melee. Didn't work out quite so well.

Besides, I have fun learning lots of characters. It's kinda what I do in Smash games for the most part. :)
Yeah dude, cycle through characters. That Metaknight bull**** is getting old.

Robert Lee

Smash Apprentice
If I had to leave the event because of bad or sudden situation that came up and I pay to participate in whatever tournament I sign up for, do I get a refund back?

D

Deleted member

it would differ by the TO's discretion. i have been denied a refund before, but i would rule it as:
if you have played any matches, you cant get a refund. if you paid and entered some amount of time ago, but the tournament hasnt started yet and you havent played any matches,, and you have to leave, i would give you a refund.

also can i side bet on TC vs diego?

Last edited by a moderator:

'V'

Smash Lord
@ Sudai Sudai @ Captain Zack Captain Zack @ Samsora Samsora

Played some Zelda in P:M tonight at The Cove. She very much works like Melee Zelda with some new toys. Felt right at home playing with her.

Many 4-stocks were had and a lot of salt was spilled. lol

I think Iceman still hates my Meta Knight more, though. Felt pretty bad about all the games that were played by the end of the night.

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
logically a sidebet is when other people bet on a MM (Money Match) ie Taylor will bet some X money that TC will win the MM vs diego. Taylor could bet vs anyone including participants of the MM

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
V, please play with anyone you want. You have to understand that I'm gonna ***** about something, your characters just happen to be the topic du jour. I have to learn how to fight a MK and Zelda anyway.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
I love how Zelda in P:M actually has a good Up smash. XD I'm glad you feel the same way as I do about her. :3

'V'

Smash Lord
It's nice to have some of her moves actually work for a change. She still has trouble against characters that can outzone her and outrange her on the ground, and there's still that speed problem, but she's actually a solid defensive character with some actual combos. She's already my best character, but now I've got a whole crew of secondaries that I can use in case things go dire.

Top Bottom