• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Latest oddball for DLC, E Shop Bag(Eshop?) Shops In!

Should Eshop Bag Join?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now some of you may think his is a joke, it's not. A recent fake leak gave me this idea, what if the E shop Bag was a playable character? IT would make a lot of sense, they are like duck hunt, you saw them plenty but they never had a name really. The Eshop bag is always there to greet you, without them you would have no eshop or downloadable games. So why not work with this original character? They are well known and could be very beloved.

Now for moves:

Standard Special: Money throw: Eshop throws money across the screen at foes pushing them back while slightly damaging them.
For customs: 1st one increases damage but removes knock back. second does vice versa.

Side smash: Eshop bag pulls out the orbs that pop up when you download stuff. This do strictly damage. Customs: Stronger damage for first one, second gives it multiple weaker its.

Up Smash: Eshop flips over and floats back up. Customs: slams downward causing foes to slip and be pushed back and the second gives him more time to hover.

Down Smash: Like duck hunts, but instead he summons other eshop characters, such as mallo who would push foes back and damage them. Customs: First adds a tripping effect when used but removes the pushback, second does nothing but damage.

Final Smash: Shopping Spree! The Eshop opens up and fighters get piles of money dumped on them. Its a cutscene in which the fighters have to rapidly toggle the analog stick to avoid as much damage as possible. The longer they take they more they spend and the more damage they take.

Down charge smash( that's what they are called right?)

Spins around and kicks foes.

Now if someone could help with the other technical terms like down airs, that would be greatly appreciated. Also suggests for improvements are always welcome. Please vote for this one of a kind fighter and please don't close this mods unless it violates something i am unaware of.

Thegamerguy131

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thegamerguy131
3DS FC
0946-2559-8115
EShop Bag smiled at me while I was suffering from not being able to get in the shop to download Smash.

Really though, this seems like an odd yet neat idea, and it would be cool as long as he's packaged with someone people really want so no one gets mad.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Not a huge fan of the moveset posted in the OP, but I could definitely see it. Maybe he(?) could use moves from various minor eShop titles, like that one game where you slide tetris blocks through walls, or even Brain Age (as much as I'd like to see stuff from VVVVVV, it's not owned by Nintendo).

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
This is bad and you should feel bad.
but y tho
seriously we already have a dog from a lightgun game that had about 3 animations in the source material, a faceless cipher for a series of forgotten lcd handhelds, a ****ing nes peripheral, and a woman who teaches you to yoga
this is totally something that could happen in smash

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Eshop bag should be the final boss you need to defeat in order to access DLC content.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
but y tho
seriously we already have a dog from a lightgun game that had about 3 animations in the source material, a faceless cipher for a series of forgotten lcd handhelds, a ****ing nes peripheral, and a woman who teaches you to yoga
this is totally something that could happen in smash
Stop it. Stop being dumb.

But, I'll humor you. Give me a playstyle that no other Nintendo character can provide that is compelling and thought out. Maybe I'll think differently.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Well, it's a bit hard to say for sure, since a lot of characters (particularly R.O.B. and Duck Hunt) have movesets essentially made wholesale from scratch, with R.O.B. in particular not even having any particular gameplay gimmick. But off the top of my head, he could have some sort of mechanic where he makes enemies drop special coins similar to those in Coin Mode that boost his power somehow, he could have incredibly quick dodges to reference how he basically warps all over the screen while downloading something, or as I mentioned before he could have moves referencing minor first-party eShop titles.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
EShop Bag smiled at me while I was suffering from not being able to get in the shop to download Smash.

Really though, this seems like an odd yet neat idea, and it would be cool as long as he's packaged with someone people really want so no one gets mad.
support? And agreed or maybe free DlC?
I would be OK with this.
so support?
Not a huge fan of the moveset posted in the OP, but I could definitely see it. Maybe he(?) could use moves from various minor eShop titles, like that one game where you slide tetris blocks through walls, or even Brain Age (as much as I'd like to see stuff from VVVVVV, it's not owned by Nintendo).
I can touch it up When I have more ideas. Using eshop characters could work to though.
This is bad and you should feel bad.
try to make me because I regret nothing.
Kids, this is why you don't do drugs.
i only know people on drugs not do do drugs :p. seriously I would never touch them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm going to give this a little bump. I'll be updating this soon with more stuff to make it look better.

Top Bottom