• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The January 21st Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LF2K

Floor Diver
January 21st marks the 15th anniversary of Super Smash Bros. for the N64. What do you think will happen to celebrate this occasion?

Honestly, I think the pic of the day will confirm food is back by having Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu eating cake. Just to yank our chains, of course .

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Some retro stages from old SSB games maybe? A new character or reveal? Maybe Sakurai will do nothing.... My biggest hope does come to a Newcomer popping up.

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping for these scenarios:
1. A special Smash Direct where a new trailer is shown, whether it would be a newcomer or new gameplay with a bunch of veterans.
2. Confirm the last remaining characters from the Original 12 (Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff).
3. Since the 21st also marks Wario Land's 20th Anniversary in Japan, maybe we could get Wario.

I hope that one of these three will happen. But, I don't expect them too. I'm not hyping myself too much from the 15th Anniversary as I could be setting myself up for disappointment.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'm hoping for a direct or a reveal, but i can't tell what'll happen at this point.

All i can say is that if the only thing we get is Sakurai saying thank you on the pic of the day i will be mega pissed.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I'd like to see some remade stages from Smash 64, like Hyrule Castle or Saffron City. :D

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know, a character reveal would be nice. More specifically Captain Falcon, but I suppose Wario would be the more likely candidate. I wouldn't mind the idea of some remastered 64 stage. That would actually make my day.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I wouldn't say this warranted a thread, but whatever, I can dig it.

Well logically, it would be kind of asinine if he didn't say anything. However, if he does say something, it may range from some of the following

- Sakurai mentions it on twitter; adds in a little juicy piece of info or a hint of something
- Miiverse picture with a mode from the previous games; i.e. Master Hand present on FD, target test picture with info about their complexity (character specific or leveled ones), Board the platforms etc.
- Miiverse picture with some of the original 12
- Miiverse picture with a returning retro stage
- Miiverse with a new character; unless its a very known veteran, seems unlikely to me because it doesn't correlate with the anniversary
- Direct scheduled Tuesday, revealed Monday, within we could have
  • A trailer
  • Character reveal (s)
  • Release date
  • All of above

If it's not something related to these i'd be surprised. Tried to be as analytic as possible.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It could be the following...

*The confirmation of an original 12 veteran.
*Confirmation of past stages returning.
*Just a random screenshot with no true purpose.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Typically, I think a release date would be the absolute best thing. Realistically though, I'm hoping for just anything Smash related to be shown. Something is prying me to think Captain Falcon, but who knows. I guess it's because I'm stoked to see him in HD; Wario or Ness would be exciting to see as well though.

In the end though, you never know what we'll end up with, could be nothing like the last time people anticipated Smash news only to get Tropical Freeze related news; then GameFAQs exploded in rage.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I doubt we'll get anything.

I'm sure Sakurai will mention it in a Miiverse post but it'll probably just be Mario, Donkey Kong, Link and Kirby in the picture.

I don't see Captain Falcon, Ness or Jigglypuff being released anytime soon because they are likely to be secret characters.
Sakurai is saving Yoshi until March for Yoshi's New Island.

I hope he reveals the Ice Climbers around the end of this month to celebrate the anniversary of Ice Climber though

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think Sakurai will have any problem revealing Captain Falcon, Ness, or Jigglypuff early, seeing as he did reveal Rosalina (a character who's always been treated as an unlockable) over a month ago.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe some kind of group picture of the original cast (Not counting unlockables)

Although Yoshi isn't confirmed

Maybe a pic of Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not expecting anything. (particularly of the playable character variety)

Do we have any reason to believe Sakurai cares about anniversaries?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well the following could happen

• Just a regular lame picture like 1 day before pokemon x and y
  • Captain falcon or ness or jigglypuff or yoshi or all of them or a new character (with trailer included ofcoarse and that character could be mewtwo since he was meant for smash 64)
  • The first stage from the past particularly a smash 64 one
  • A few items from smash 64 in hd graphics ofcoarse
That's my guesses

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping for a veteran reveal from the original 12, Yoshi is doubtful since he has a new game coming up next month, and if Jigglypuff wasn't revealed for the release of X and Y, then I doubt that he'll be revealed for the anniversary of smash. So that leaves either Captain Falcon or Ness to be potentially revealed on Tuesday. Not really sure which will it will be.

If there is a Direct though, then hopefully we will see something much more interesting than the reveal of a returning veteran, maybe a release date, or perhaps a new character reveal.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
a release date that's not this fall or winter will make me happy

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
January 21st, a Guild Wars 2 Patch comes out, nothing special from SSB4, just another "Pic of the Day"

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It would be nice if Sakurai announced the return of stages from Smash 64 remade in HD.
That's my best case scenario.

Most realistic scenario: a picture of Mario, Link, Kirby and Donkey Kong.

D

Deleted member

Well, with all the financial issues Nintendo encounters recently and Iwata announcing the Corporate Management Policy Briefing to be held on January 30, I don't expect a special ND this Tuesday.

However, a special ND could happen the 31st, release date of Brawl in Japan, and the next day after this briefing.

As for Tuesday's screenshot, I'll be glad to see one or all the remaining 64 veterans (Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness and freaking Yoshi), but I think it would be too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Captain Falcon. He is the "face" of Smash Bros, perfect for a anniversary pic.
It looks like we are already getting unlockable characters from the website (like Luigi, Toon Link, Rosalina), so it wouldn't be a problem to reveal him.

Or maybe we could get Ness...

King K.Smasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowGamer101
3DS FC
1075-0754-8063
I'm hoping for a Nintendo Direct with an awesome smash trailer that shows off a couple of returning veterans and a newcomer.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm not expecting anything big. Of course, there could be a character reveal, someone like one of the last 4 of the Original 12. But I'm not expecting anything to happen, unless we get a Direct on Tuesday (unlikely).

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
I expect this:

But seriously, I have a feeling it's gonna be either Captain Falcon, a stage reveal, or a random pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom