• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Cutting 4 franchises / ATs make no sense when Sakurai said he wanted to include as many ATs as possible.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think there's a single franchise with music in the game that doesn't also have trophies for it, too. (Except GS at this point.)
There are plenty of games with music yet have no trophy representation in Smash 4. Soma Bringer comes to mind (RPG developed by Monolithsoft for the DS).

Camelot being credited in the game doesn't equal GS4 being made. :p
I think Camelot is credited for the the fact that there are several music tracks in Smash 4 from games Camelot developed (Mario Tennis/Golf series and Golden Sun series), as well as several trophies that are model rips from their Mario Tennis and Golf games.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Cutting 4 franchises / ATs make no sense when Sakurai said he wanted to include as many ATs as possible.
Yeah, in that original Super Smash Bros. Direct, he talked like there were going to be A LOT of ATs, and then... I don't know if it's fair to say that really happened? Especially, considering that some were cut for no reason. Maybe I'm being unfair in what I think is "a lot"?

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Yeah, in that original Super Smash Bros. Direct, he talked like there were going to be A LOT of ATs, and then... I don't know if it's fair to say that really happened? Especially, considering that some were cut for no reason. Maybe I'm being unfair in what I think is "a lot"?
He also mentioned that ATs would play a bigger role in Classic Mode on the Wii U version, and also that the Wii U version would have hidden ATs. Unless they're really well-hidden, it's starting to look like there are no exclusive ATs. I think it's safe to say that they planned more than they could get done.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He also mentioned that ATs would play a bigger role in Classic Mode on the Wii U version, and also that the Wii U version would have hidden ATs. Unless they're really well-hidden, it's starting to look like there are no exclusive ATs. I think it's safe to say that they planned more than they could get done.
I thought it was All-Star Mode? Did ATs ever end up playing a role in it?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There are plenty of games with music yet have no trophy representation in Smash 4. Soma Bringer comes to mind (RPG developed by Monolithsoft for the DS).

I think Camelot is credited for the the fact that there are several music tracks in Smash 4 from games Camelot developed (Mario Tennis/Golf series and Golden Sun series), as well as several trophies that are model rips from their Mario Tennis and Golf games.
Still doesn't make sense in the case of GS, which already had a trophy which could've easily just been ripped straight out of Brawl. Like with the Barbara and Excitebike trophies. Isaac is not on the Challenge Board, so if he's a trophy, he's a random trophy. Unless some trophies are rarer than others he should've been found by now.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Still doesn't make sense in the case of GS, which already had a trophy which could've easily just been ripped straight out of Brawl. Like with the Barbara and Excitebike trophies. Isaac is not on the Challenge Board, so if he's a trophy, he's a random trophy. Unless some trophies are rarer than others he should've been found by now.
Custom Robo has had content since Melee, yet has no content at all in Smash 4. Don't look too deeply into it. Golden Sun's sole content is simply the importation of the sole track it had in Brawl along with a track rip from Dark Dawn.

I think Isaac's best shot for DLC is a new Golden Sun being made, but even then, it may simply end up being the main protagonist from the latest outing as the playable rep. Things right now look bleak for a new Golden Sun.

Camelot has never made a RPG on tech stronger than the PS1/Saturn/DS, and the last interview Camelot gave regarding Golden Sun it seems as though they are reluctant to even make another RPG in general (Dark Dawn's poor sales performance in relation to the GBA titles is the likely culprit).

Keep in mind too that Camelot is smaller development team now than they were during the GCN/GBA era. There output during the entire DS/Wii era was merely a single Wii game and a single DS game. Compare that to the GBA/GCN where they managed to get out four GBA titles and two GCN titles. To put this into further perspective between the release of Mario Tennis: Power Tour in 2005 and the release of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn in 2010, they only released a single game (We Love Golf! in 2007).

The main silver lining for the a possible Golden Sun 4 is that Camelot is really trapped between a rock and a hard place for what they can make as their next project. They are probably too small at this point to make a Wii U title, and they have now already released their Mario Tennis and Mario Golf titles for the 3DS. The only other game type they they have experience in aside from golf and tennis games, are RPGs. The 3DS likely is their last opportunity to actually make a Golden Sun 4, seeing as they definitely don't have the manpower to make a RPG for a HD-tier console (its strange that they did not do this for GCN or Wii).

Keep your fingers crossed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Custom Robo has had content since Melee, yet has no content at all in Smash 4. Don't look too deeply into it. Golden Sun's sole content is simply the importation of the sole track it had in Brawl along with a track rip from Dark Dawn.

I think Isaac's best shot for DLC is a new Golden Sun being made, but even then, it may simply end up being the main protagonist from the latest outing as the playable rep. Things right now look bleak for a new Golden Sun.

Camelot has never made a RPG on tech stronger than the PS1/Saturn/DS, and the last interview Camelot gave regarding Golden Sun it seems as though they are reluctant to even make another RPG in general (Dark Dawn's poor sales performance in relation to the GBA titles is the likely culprit).

Keep in mind too that Camelot is smaller development team now than they were during the GCN/GBA era. There output during the entire DS/Wii era was merely a single Wii game and a single DS game. Compare that to the GBA/GCN where they managed to get out four GBA titles and two GCN titles. To put this into further perspective between the release of Mario Tennis: Power Tour in 2005 and the release of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn in 2010, they only released a single game (We Love Golf! in 2007).

The main silver lining for the a possible Golden Sun 4 is that Camelot is really trapped between a rock and a hard place for what they can make as their next project. They are probably too small at this point to make a Wii U title, and they have now already released their Mario Tennis and Mario Golf titles for the 3DS. The only other game type they they have experience in aside from golf and tennis games, are RPGs. The 3DS likely is their last opportunity to actually make a Golden Sun 4, seeing as they definitely don't have the manpower to make a RPG for a HD-tier console (its strange that they did not do this for GCN or Wii).

Yes, I'm well aware trophies for Custom Robo have been in since Melee. However, bringing back a music track and even adding a new one should at the very least warrant keeping the franchise's sole trophy in the game. Custom Robo was cut completely, but that's not the case with Golden Sun.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yes, I'm well aware trophies for Custom Robo have been in since Melee. However, bringing back a music track and even adding a new one should at the very least warrant keeping the franchise's sole trophy in the game. Custom Robo was cut completely, but that's not the case with Golden Sun.
Like I said you are looking too deeply. It required basically no effort at all to import a music track and do a rip of another track from another game. Whereas, for Isaac they would have had to update the model. Plenty of other Assist Trophies from Brawl did not return for Smash 4 and also had no trophy (Jill, Ray, Heririn)

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I dunno, while GS was never one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, it did respectably well on GBA for a new IP, considering much lesser games like Sin & Punishment and Prince Sable get an AT, why would you take Isaac away? I don't think anyone here considers him a shoe in for DLC, but it's really odd to cut his AT, trophy yet add another track from the series, as simple as it is to add it, you could do the same with just about any other series that has received some representation in the game through other means too, you know? It's just a weird situation that makes you wonder

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Like I said you are looking too deeply. It required basically no effort at all to import a music track and do a rip of another track from another game. Whereas, for Isaac they would have had to update the model. Plenty of other Assist Trophies from Brawl did not return for Smash 4 and also had no trophy (Jill, Ray, Heririn)
I'm not looking deeply into anything, I'm just throwing out ideas trying to figure out what's going on. All of the arguments that keep getting brought up literally make no sense at all.

Update the model? Hardly any models got updated at all, they're virtually identical, with minor touches that are basically effortless for their artists. Waluigi looks almost identical, no "touching up" there at all. And based on Isaac's actions as an AT he wouldn't even need to be given jump animations. Cutting Isaac would probably take about the same if not more effort as just keeping him exactly the same, like they did with literally every returning AT.

I dunno, while GS was never one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, it did respectably well on GBA for a new IP, considering much lesser games like Sin & Punishment and Prince Sable get an AT, why would you take Isaac away? I don't think anyone here considers him a shoe in for DLC, but it's really odd to cut his AT, trophy yet add another track from the series, as simple as it is to add it, you could do the same with just about any other series that has received some representation in the game through other means too, you know? It's just a weird situation that makes you wonder
This is exactly my point. It just makes me wonder.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is exactly my point. It just makes me wonder.
Please, Sakurai has done far, far screwier things. Just look at the whole Ridley debacle. Most people actually thought that shadow-thing was hinting at Ridley being playable (when it was clearly hinting at a boss). Heck, when I pointed out Ridley clearly had a stage hazard role I got dogpiled and flamed for being a Ridley hater, despite being one of the most ardent Ridley fans around.

You are simply setting yourself up for heartbreak.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Please, Sakurai has done far, far screwier things. Just look at the whole Ridley debacle. Most people actually thought that shadow-thing was hinting at Ridley being playable (when it was clearly hinting at a boss). Heck, when I pointed out Ridley clearly had a stage hazard role I got dogpiled and flamed for being a Ridley hater, despite being one of the most ardent Ridley fans around.

You are simply setting yourself up for heartbreak.
You're free to believe that if you want. I'm not setting myself up for heartbreak because I'm prepared for every possible outcome.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

It is kinda funny though because during the series hiatus between 2003 and 2010 there were rumours floating about their being a GS game being made for Gamecube. I agree that Camelot definitely does not have the manpower for an HD console but Nintendo can help out. Who knows we might get an HD release? A 3DS release is fine by me.

This is completely off topic but what I am finding even funnier is that our ardent Prince Sable supporter keeps liking all the posts of people who disagree with Isaac in Smash.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
if Ridley taught us anything, it's to always remain skeptical, but it doesn't change the weirdness of the situation. I fully expected Isaac to remain an AT after all the leaks madness and whatnot, yet here we are, scratching our heads why they'd bother adding a new GS track yet not import the Brawl model for something as simple as a trophy. And again, if if they bothered giving some sort of representation to games that only came out in Japan, it'd be fairly logical to believe they'd bring back a decently well known RPG series they own through a trophy at least. I could kinda believe if they wanted to forget GS if they didn't add a track from the last game in the series, but that's not the case so...Let the search for a possible Isaac trophy carry on!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It is kinda funny though because during the series hiatus between 2003 and 2010 there were rumours floating about their being a GS game being made for Gamecube. I agree that Camelot definitely does not have the manpower for an HD console but Nintendo can help out. Who knows we might get an HD release? A 3DS release is fine by me.

This is completely off topic but what I am finding even funnier is that our ardent Prince Sable supporter keeps liking all the posts of people who disagree with Isaac in Smash.
I've even seen some people comment on how they think that Takamaru and Prince Sable are likely AT promotions in the next game... Prince Sable, a character who had one extremely obscure game. At least Takamaru has appeared recently... and at least Golden Sun is still a recent franchise which has a pretty decent chance of continuing in the near future.

But yeah, Nintendo owns the GS IP. Maybe Camelot doesn't have enough manpower to make the game themselves, but Nintendo can always help with that if they're interested in seeing the franchise continue. All we can do is wait and see at this point.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Like I said months earlier, the consolation prize you guys will have is playable Isaac in Project M. However, the Project M team did not want to pursue characters that were likely to show up for Smash 4, and that sentiment probably extends towards possible DLC contenders.

So my fear is that Isaac fans in their delusion about his DLC prospects, will shoot his prospects for Project M (which are looking very good). Remember the Project M team does not want to pursue characters that have good chances for Smash 4.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Like I said months earlier, the consolation prize you guys will have is playable Isaac in Project M. However, the Project M team did not want to pursue characters that were likely to show up for Smash 4, and that sentiment probably extends towards possible DLC contenders.

So my fear is that Isaac fans in their delusion about his DLC prospects, will shoot his prospects for Project M (which are looking very good). Remember the Project M team does not want to pursue characters that have good chances for Smash 4.
For what it's worth, they already have started on him, based on the Lyn & Knuckles leak. Even if Isaac is DLC, we will definetly not know about any additional plans for DLC characters outside of Mewtwo for a long time, so I really doubt the prospect of him being Smash 4 DLC (which I doubt anyways) will impact Project M.

If anything, I'm more hopeful of a GS4 game being made and announced sometime next year, maybe at E3 2015.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

So essentially: "Quit hoping for Isaac as SSB4 DLC, because some Brawl hacking group might back down on adding him to their Brawl hack".

Don't get the wrong idea here, I don't mean to put down Project M. I know that it's a great hack, I just don't think that it's right to bring it up here like that.

I don't have Project M, and while it's neat that they're working to add him to it, it's not really relevant to me. I want Isaac officially in SSB4, because not only would we get him officially in the latest and greatest SSB game, but it would also raise awareness of Golden Sun, which a hack only really known to the more competitive Smash community just can't do as well.

And... Really? Because we're still hopeful for him to show up as DLC, they might not add him to Project M? What kind of logic is that?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, we are many things, but delusional isn't one of them. We're used to this kind of treatment and most of us are prepared for every kind of outcome. Besides, we already have people coming in here anyway that tell us "Don't get your hopes up at all.".

However, in these situations where you want something you love that is part of the network of IPs to get proper recognition at long last, sometimes you can and you will grasp at straws and find something to use in your favor in an argument.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't have Project M, and while it's neat that they're working to add him to it, it's not really relevant to me. I want Isaac officially in SSB4, because not only would we get him officially in the latest and greatest SSB game, but it would also raise awareness of Golden Sun, which a hack only really known to the more competitive Smash community just can't do as well.
You don't need to hack your Wii to play Project M. All you need is a 2GB SD card and a copy of Brawl.

Secondly, personally, like I said Isaac in Project M would be a great consolation prize. Personally, I bet Isaac won't be DLC for Smash 4, and at this point, if the Golden Sun series is finished, then he is never making it in.

The same goes for Ridley (of which the situation is even worse, since Sakurai flat out believes making Ridley playable somehow "ruins" him). I rather have high-quality playable Ridley and Isaac even though they are not made/designed by Sakurai than no playable Ridley or Isaac at all.

D

Deleted member

You don't need to hack your Wii to play Project M. All you need is a 2GB SD card and a copy of Brawl.

Secondly, personally, like I said Isaac in Project M would be a great consolation prize. Personally, I bet Isaac won't be DLC for Smash 4, and at this point, if the Golden Sun series is finished, then he is never making it in.

The same goes for Ridley (of which the situation is even worse, since Sakurai flat out believes making Ridley playable somehow "ruins" him). I rather have high-quality playable Ridley and Isaac even though they are not made/designed by Sakurai than no playable Ridley or Isaac at all.
Personally, I wouldn't mind beta-testing Isaac. I do like that he was considered and is being developed.

Unfortunately for the Ridley fans, you are right. As long as Sakurai is in charge of the project, he's not going to be put in because of those guidelines.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm not saying Isaac will be DLC as we don't even know if they'll add anymore characters after Mewtwo, can't we just find weird the current situation regarding the game? I'm not getting my hopes up as I'd rather not risk being disappointed, but I'm still a bit puzzled regarding the no AT, no trophy, but we'll add a new track from the series. Could it mean nothing? it sure can, but it's a curious situation none the less

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ridley got shut out from Project M due to the expectation he was going to be playable in Smash 4, even despite all the blatant hints that he was indeed a stage hazard. I tried very hard to convince other Ridley fans this but instead I just ended up being called a lot of bad words and seen as an enemy of the Ridley fanbase. :laugh:

If the Ridley fanbase had written off Ridley back in August 2013 (or even better Sakurai had actually given him a formal de-confirmation back then), Ridley probably would be in development for Project M right now.

I try my best to look at character prospects objectively. When you are a fan of something, you tend to massively over-rate their prospects of getting in.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That is aside from the point. It is a hack.

You bet that he won't be DLC, but us remaining hopeful that he will be hurts no one or nothing.

You can go back and read my posts here, if you don't believe this... But I have been very cautious in my hope for Isaac, especially beyond the release roster. But here, I agree with many of the members in this topic. The removal of Isaac as an AT is strange. Its strange given that there was a new Golden Sun release in between Brawl and SSB3DS/U, and also strange given that they decided to add in a Dark Dawn track. Whereas if they really wanted to sweep Golden Sun under the rug, why would they do that?

Of course, even if there was absolutely no Golden Sun content it would be strange, but it is MUCH stranger the way it is here. Maybe it will never mean anything, but I'm not giving up. Project M can and should still add Isaac. I don't see why us continuing to hope for him as DLC should harm that. That's just dumb.

BTW, the hype and sheer expectation for Ridley in Brawl and SSB3DS/U will never be anything like the hope we have here, they are not even remotely comparable.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I do admit its strange how Golden Sun despite having a new installment released in 2010, had absolutely no trophies in Smash 4. Its especially weird when Camelot ripped models (from Mario Golf/Tennis 3DS) and a track (from Dark Dawn) for Smash 4, and the fact that the DS version had plenty of trophies that were model rips from DS titles (Spirit Tracks being less recent than Dark Dawn was).

The context of the last interview Camelot had regarding Golden Sun was "don't get your hopes up" in regard to a future installment happening, and they pretty much said it was only contingent on how loud the outcry there is for a Golden Sun 4. Perhaps, Camelot just wanted people to forget about the series due to their shame of being unable to finish it (perhaps they figure either that they don't have the resources to make a fourth one and/or that the sales will be disappointing again like it was with Dark Dawn).

We will pretty much know in another six months or so whether the series has a future. Like I said earlier, the 3DS is perhaps the last console they have the resources to pull off a grand RPG, and the 3DS is getting on in age now.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
With the help of Nintendo, Camelot can make a fourth instalment to the New 3DS and well, I don't see why Camelot shouldn't make the fourth instalment, I mean, Dark Dawn was good, but it wasn't anywhere near the first two, so the best bet for Camelot in this case is to develop the fourth game and at least clear all the cliffhangers and mysteries that were left unsolved.

I still believe Isaac will be patched or DLC, it's true that it is weird the total lack of AT and that means no confirmation at all, however, it is just weird, so there's still hope that Sakurai shall prove you wrong. If Isaac doesn't get to be playable in this instalment, maybe in SSB5, the GBA era will be considered a classic and Isaac will be in and for Ridley fans, luckily by that time, Sakurai isn't in charge anymore (he isn't getting younger).

Also, this thread's name is "The Golden Earth-Shaking Adept - Isaac for SSB4" and what outsiders tend to forget is that this is a SUPPORT thread, so we are here to talk and SUPPORT Isaac, not to tell that he is never going to be in the game. As for the concern about our hapiness, I hereby thank you, but I and probably every other supporter here is mature enough to deal with dissapointment of Isaac being a AT after all.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I seriously don't understand the lack of GS content in Smash 4... did Sakurai somehow now know how requested Isaac was for this game? Did he not see the sizeable fanbase?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With the help of Nintendo, Camelot can make a fourth instalment to the New 3DS and well, I don't see why Camelot shouldn't make the fourth instalment, I mean, Dark Dawn was good, but it wasn't anywhere near the first two, so the best bet for Camelot in this case is to develop the fourth game and at least clear all the cliffhangers and mysteries that were left unsolved.

I still believe Isaac will be patched or DLC, it's true that it is weird the total lack of AT and that means no confirmation at all, however, it is just weird, so there's still hope that Sakurai shall prove you wrong. If Isaac doesn't get to be playable in this instalment, maybe in SSB5, the GBA era will be considered a classic and Isaac will be in and for Ridley fans, luckily by that time, Sakurai isn't in charge anymore (he isn't getting younger).

Also, this thread's name is "The Golden Earth-Shaking Adept - Isaac for SSB4" and what outsiders tend to forget is that this is a SUPPORT thread, so we are here to talk and SUPPORT Isaac, not to tell that he is never going to be in the game. As for the concern about our hapiness, I hereby thank you, but I and probably every other supporter here is mature enough to deal with dissapointment of Isaac being a AT after all.
Technically, these are the character discussion forums. People are free to debate why they don't think a character is all that likely. We shouldn't make claims like "Oh, this is a SUPPORT thread, if you don't like the character you shouldn't post here." These forums are free for debate, whether we like it or not.

Chronobound's reasoning, though, basically stems to his belief that we're getting overly hopeful and that Isaac won't get in Project M because of it, which is ludicrous. Everyone here is cautiously optimistic as is, and we're debating over what Isaac and Golden Sun's very strange status may actually mean.

Agreed on Camelot, though. Camelot might not have many developers, but that doesn't mean Nintendo can't finance a game and give Camelot the help they need to finish it. If/when GS4 happens, Camelot will probably treat GS4 as if its the last Golden Sun game ever made, like how IS did with Awakening, and improve upon the existing formula and try to clear up the loose ends. However, there's still more than enough room to expand the franchise if the opportunity arises, since the franchise and its world is so deep and intricate.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Technically, these are the character discussion forums. People are free to debate why they don't think a character is all that likely. We shouldn't make claims like "Oh, this is a SUPPORT thread, if you don't like the character you shouldn't post here." These forums are free for debate, whether we like it or not.

Chronobound's reasoning, though, basically stems to his belief that we're getting overly hopeful and that Isaac won't get in Project M because of it, which is ludicrous. Everyone here is cautiously optimistic as is, and we're debating over what Isaac and Golden Sun's very strange status may actually mean.

Agreed on Camelot, though. Camelot might not have many developers, but that doesn't mean Nintendo can't finance a game and give Camelot the help they need to finish it. If/when GS4 happens, Camelot will probably treat GS4 as if its the last Golden Sun game ever made, like how IS did with Awakening, and improve upon the existing formula and try to clear up the loose ends. However, there's still more than enough room to expand the franchise if the opportunity arises, since the franchise and its world is so deep and intricate.
Sorry, I got carried over and acted a little bit like a dictator, but yeah, I agree on the fact that Nintendo can and should help with Golden Sun 4, if they want to finish the series, than I hope they finish it with an awesome game that solves all the mysteries still hanging there. Also, after Camelot finishes the series (considering they will) with an awesome game that sells when, then maybe that will encourage Camelot to continue with the series or maybe just encourage them to make remakes of the first two games and from what I've seen from Pokémon, fans usually love remakes, so that helps to keep the franchise alive, at least for the few years to come.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chronobound's reasoning, though, basically stems to his belief that we're getting overly hopeful and that Isaac won't get in Project M because of it, which is ludicrous.
Its not "ludicrous" when Project M developers have flat out said it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Weren't you the one to say that Project M didn't start developing Ridley because they thought that he was going to be a playable in Super Smash Bros. 4? Because we all know how that turned out.
Yeah. I did not contradict anything. They won't add in characters that they think are going to show up for Smash 4.

Also, I was one of the few fervently pounding my fist on the desk about Ridley being obviously a stage hazard for Smash 4 and got flamed constantly for it.

Keep in mind the team is finicky enough that they outright will SCRAP characters they made unique models for just because someone leaked information or a picture of them.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well the "ludicrous" possibility would be fine with me if we get Isaac in Smash 4 and then a GS4 as well.

Don't worry about us, we can handle disappointment. Heck we have been doing that since the tons of reveals in which not even one hinted at Isaac. We believe that a GS4 will happen and thus Isaac has a chance at Smash 4. That is what we have been waiting for so long and are going to wait for some while more.

You are a bit more skeptical but that is alright. Not everyone has to accept Isaac as a possibility and atleast your reasoning is fine. The next year or so will reveal (Jupiter style!) the fate of GS4 and Isaac in Smash.

Till then, we will keep "walking forward with determination" :)

P.S. No one is going to label you an Isaac hater on this thread so you are still welcome! Just don't get too pessimistic.

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind the team is finicky enough that they outright will SCRAP characters they made unique models for just because someone leaked information or a picture of them.
That's not true though. That's what they led us to believe, but Lyn, Knuckles, Sami, and Isaac are still planned and in development, while Skull Kid was a red herring. Even Ridley is being worked on according to the leak.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No, its ludicrous that Project M will think that because a small group of fans think Isaac has a chance at DLC means they believe it will happen at all. I actually said that very thing in a thread suggesting characters for PM and left and right people were saying "there's no way Isaac will be DLC," so, whatever.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
That's not true though. That's what they led us to believe, but Lyn, Knuckles, Sami, and Isaac are still planned and in development, while Skull Kid was a red herring. Even Ridley is being worked on according to the leak.
I hope you are right, I've been looking forward to Project M since it will have its first PAL release.

Also, if I was working on a new character, I would still finish and release it, even if someone leaked it, because making new characters from the scratch takes a lot of time, coding, balacing, etc. so I wouldn't make all my work being in vain, just because someone leaked it, true it ruins the surprise, but it also leaves fans hyping and it would be unfair to them to destroy that hype.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I heard they are now going to scrap some of those characters due to the leaked. They are very, VERY angry about it. Two of them are safe though. Its obviously the ones that are very far along. Which would be very, very stupid. I can't think of any better trinity than Ridley, Isaac, and Sami. Ridley being perhaps the holy grail of newcomer additions, while Isaac and Sami respectively representing the last two notable Nintendo franchises without playable characters in Smash Bros.

Top Bottom