• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Wait, Rayman got two trophies!?

No Isaac AT puts him in a pretty good position going forward. He was a pretty popular assist and we got a second Golden Sun song. If nothing else, at least Golden Sun isn't being forgotten.

I do hope we see an Isaac trophy though. I'm inclined to believe the person who posted earlier saying he got an Isaac trophy, I've seen him post elsewhere on the forum and he doesn't seem like a person who'd try to trick us.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Who keeps changing the title?
Obviously @ N3ON N3ON is lurking but not saying anything. I highly doubt anyone else is saying anything. Maybe @ N3ON N3ON really DOES know something... damn...

Wait, Rayman got two trophies!?

No Isaac AT puts him in a pretty good position going forward. He was a pretty popular assist and we got a second Golden Sun song. If nothing else, at least Golden Sun isn't being forgotten.
I only saw one Rayman trophy. I don't know why people keep saying Rayman got two. I think they just replaced the original trophy model.

EDIT: Game's not arrived yet. It'll probably arrive any minute.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Well, considering the fact that numerous people kept saying that since Mewtwo is a trophy, Isaac NOT having a trophy would be more against him being a plausible DLC candidate, Isaac having a trophy is probably the better situation right now.
The absence of Isaac as a trophy is caused by his new design, his design of the remake of the GBA games. For that reason he needs a completely new model wich is being mantained in secret.

One can dream.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm getting this image of a poor courier being pounced on at the front door and then running away in terror.
I'm not watching the door lol. Just waiting for a knock.

Oh, ok, so you were talking about the fact that there are two Rayman characters as trophies, and not two trophies of Rayman. :p

EDIT:

Ok, honestly, I'm starting to think about something odd here.

Let's assume Golden Sun has no trophies in the game at all. Let's just assume this for a second.

There's over 700 trophies in this game. The Wonderful 101, released last year to bad sales (the unreliable VGChartz says 250k) has six trophies at this point in time. Golden Sun 1/2, both sold over a million each (GS1 topping 1.5m), and had a music and AT in Brawl. That music track is back, along with a new one from the latest game, Dark Dawn, which did not sell well, but was rated about the same as Wonderful 101 and had higher sales (well we don't know the exact sales figures but yet).

So, we have 500 trophies now, 6 Wonderful 101 trophies, and NOT A SINGLE Golden Sun trophy. WTF?!

No, I don't see this as a bad thing. It makes no sense whatsoever. If anything, I'm really starting to wonder if they did in fact plan for Isaac to be playable, but couldn't finish him in time. And they'll add more GS content later in a patch.

This situation is just really frickin' weird.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You know I was just thinking that dlc could end up being a godsend for the Golden Sun series. It's had such bad timing in the past regarding Smash Bros but now there's a pretty high chance Camelot are currently working on Golden Sun 4.

Finally Golden Sun might have perfect timing

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm not watching the door lol. Just waiting for a knock.

Oh, ok, so you were talking about the fact that there are two Rayman characters as trophies, and not two trophies of Rayman. :p

EDIT:

Ok, honestly, I'm starting to think about something odd here.

Let's assume Golden Sun has no trophies in the game at all. Let's just assume this for a second.

There's over 700 trophies in this game. The Wonderful 101, released last year to bad sales (the unreliable VGChartz says 250k) has six trophies at this point in time. Golden Sun 1/2, both sold over a million each (GS1 topping 1.5m), and had a music and AT in Brawl. That music track is back, along with a new one from the latest game, Dark Dawn, which did not sell well, but was rated about the same as Wonderful 101 and had higher sales (well we don't know the exact sales figures but yet).

So, we have 500 trophies now, 6 Wonderful 101 trophies, and NOT A SINGLE Golden Sun trophy. WTF?!

No, I don't see this as a bad thing. It makes no sense whatsoever. If anything, I'm really starting to wonder if they did in fact plan for Isaac to be playable, but couldn't finish him in time. And they'll add more GS content later in a patch.

This situation is just really frickin' weird.
Yes, but Wonderful 101 is a console title, so of course it gets over represented on the Wii U version. That's why all the Golden Sun content is on the 3DS ver-

OH WAIT!

Seriously, Nintendo. WTF?!

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well sadly not getting Smash until tomorrow. So then I shall join in the Isaac Hunt.
Needs to happen because Isaac vs Marth vs Shulk would be epic.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well sadly not getting Smash until tomorrow. So then I shall join in the Isaac Hunt.
Needs to happen because Isaac vs Marth vs Shulk would be epic.
Well, my game is arriving any minute. Once it does arrive... I'm running updates on all my games. I can't play until my wife is available to do so, we're going to do co-op.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Do you mean a new "leak" rumor has been made about Isaac? So far, nobody has found anything regarding Isaac.
Which leak are you referring to? The one posted in this thread about an Isaac trophy?

Honestly, I think the guy was just saying it for the hell of it. GameExplain found 500 trophies and Isaac wasn't one of them.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Which leak are you referring to? The one posted in this thread about an Isaac trophy?

Honestly, I think the guy was just saying it for the hell of it. GameExplain found 500 trophies and Isaac wasn't one of them.
The person I was responding to mentioned a leak.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
He wasn't in the supporters list, but I won't call him a troll, he might actually have gotten lucky and already got Isaac's trophy, however, if all Wii U Trophies get revealed and Isaac isn't among them, then he is definitely a troll, that just came here to mess with us...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He wasn't in the supporters list, but I won't call him a troll, he might actually have gotten lucky and already got Isaac's trophy, however, if all Wii U Trophies get revealed and Isaac isn't among them, then he is definitely a troll, that just came here to mess with us...
If we get all trophies and Isaac isn't among them, something is up. Before we had confirmed GS content, sure, but with two music tracks, Isaac better get a trophy.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yup this is just extremely weird. GS wasn't such a small franchise other people make it to be. Franchises which have completely faded into obscurity and others which will never see the light of revival have been featured in the game but GS is not there!

What's up Nintendo? You trolling us!?

I seriously hope we find something. Or better yet, Nintendo just gives us a surprise patch with Isaac and some other nifty bonuses.

AND to all @ N3ON N3ON s out there, stop lurking!

Maybe say, "Yo guys! Long time no see! I hope Isaac will make it. I have been busy so see ya!"

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
That video kinda dissapointed me, I was hoping to see Final Smash trophies but there were only 2 (Lucario and Mr. Game & Watch), so let's hope that someone unlocks all trophies and Isaac is among them (only as a trophy, not as an Assist Trophy).

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Still no Isaac? I thought for sure he would've been found by now. Either he's a very rare trophy or he was unfairly removed completely. It's not easy being a Golden Sun fan... :urg: Hopefully he has a trophy, I just want to see him even if it's the exact same model as in Brawl.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Still no Isaac? I thought for sure he would've been found by now. Either he's a very rare trophy or he was unfairly removed completely. It's not easy being a Golden Sun fan... :urg: Hopefully he has a trophy, I just want to see him even if it's the exact same model as in Brawl.
The only reason for anything Golden Sun related being removed is of time constraints. It is unlikely that Nintendo would get rid of Golden Sun content when they remembered Takamaru and Prince Sable (both niche [at the moment]Japanese only and Prince Sable being the most niche).

Right now, we are trying to scope out a possible Isaac Assist Trophy, if one is not found, then we need to hope that Nintendo decides to not update the game with an Isaac Assist Trophy.

If an Isaac Assist Trophy is not found, but a trophy is, then we are more likely in the clear.

Though, that is the thing about being a Golden Sun fan, the Golden Sun series likes to hide itself in Smash.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
So far, no Isaac confirmation as of now besides one. Single. Person. Take that as you will, trolls will always exist. The fact that no other human being on the planet has unlocked the Isaac trophy is kinda suspect, wouldn't you say?

Now, regarding Isaac as a trophy or not, wouldn't it make more sense for Isaac to not be a trophy? Keep in mind that once you clear classic mode, you get the trophy of the fighter you used. Therefore no Isaac trophy = higher chance of DLC add-on.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So far, no Isaac confirmation as of now besides one. Single. Person. Take that as you will, trolls will always exist. The fact that no other human being on the planet has unlocked the Isaac trophy is kinda suspect, wouldn't you say?

Now, regarding Isaac as a trophy or not, wouldn't it make more sense for Isaac to not be a trophy? Keep in mind that once you clear classic mode, you get the trophy of the fighter you used. Therefore no Isaac trophy = higher chance of DLC add-on.
Even if Isaac gets a trophy, he still can go down the same road that Mewtwo did. His Trophy would, more than likely, end up being a placeholder model.

Edit: One would think that Isaac would get a 3DS exclusive trophy, with the Golden Sun series being portable and all, but for some reason Sakurai decided to hold off from doing that.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The fact that he's the only one to comment on it, and he's never appeared in this thread before and he did not respond to anything we said, I think he's a troll.

Yup this is just extremely weird. GS wasn't such a small franchise other people make it to be. Franchises which have completely faded into obscurity and others which will never see the light of revival have been featured in the game but GS is not there!

What's up Nintendo? You trolling us!?

I seriously hope we find something. Or better yet, Nintendo just gives us a surprise patch with Isaac and some other nifty bonuses.

AND to all @ N3ON N3ON s out there, stop lurking!

Maybe say, "Yo guys! Long time no see! I hope Isaac will make it. I have been busy so see ya!"
I don't know really. Isaac SHOULD have a trophy at this rate. If there isn't one, I'm almost inclined to believe that Isaac wasn't quite finished before release, so he'll get added in a patch...

Not as full DLC. However, there's no doubt in my mind characters DID get cut from this game. If Isaac was cut, but almost finished, they MIGHT add him in a patch. That's the only explanation I'd see for Isaac not getting a trophy.

Its also interesting to note that Smash Wii U and 3DS have the exact same number of new stages. Maybe a Golden Sun stage was supposed to be on 3DS, but got delayed like with Miiverse.

If Isaac had no trophy and there was no GS music, that likely would've meant GS was cut all-together. If Isaac has a trophy that's identical to the Brawl model, they didn't bother doing anything special with the franchise. However, if Isaac has no trophy and there is not only returning music but even more music, it makes no sense for Isaac to not be a trophy, and I'd blatantly think something was going on.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If Isaac had no trophy and there was no GS music, that likely would've meant GS was cut all-together. If Isaac has a trophy that's identical to the Brawl model, they didn't bother doing anything special with the franchise. However, if Isaac has no trophy and there is not only returning music but even more music, it makes no sense for Isaac to not be a trophy, and I'd blatantly think something was going on.
These are the things to take in mind when looking for characters from unrepresented series:

• Trophies
  • Music
  • Stages
  • Assist Trophies
  • Other Content
So far, only one of these things have been seen and acknowledged.

Then we have to look at who we are dealing with in regards to Isaac being playable:

• Nintendo - a video game company that is super secretive.
  • Sakurai - director that likes to troll the fanbase of Nintendo (how he treated Zero Suit Samus being "cut").
A combination of these makes them almost unbearable, but hopefully our Earth Adept will shine through.

D

Deleted member

Well, considering how most of the 3DS trophies are the exact same model in the Wii U version, I wouldn't get too discouraged yet.

As for that user, he can be reliable, although not all of the time.

Hopefully Isaac will make his way into this.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, considering how most of the 3DS trophies are the exact same model in the Wii U version, I wouldn't get too discouraged yet.

As for that user, he can be reliable, although not all of the time.

Hopefully Isaac will make his way into this.
I'm not getting discouraged. If Isaac has a trophy, great. If he doesn't have a trophy, its extremely weird and I definitely think something is up.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Isaac's really Walking Forward With Determination as we speak.

But yeah, being the only one to have the trophy I would call him a troll for now, since I even googled for that and searched on youtube with no luck, but there might be a trophy, so let's wait.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac's really Walking Forward With Determination as we speak.

But yeah, being the only one to have the trophy I would call him a troll for now, since I even googled for that and searched on youtube with no luck, but there might be a trophy, so let's wait.
I just heard that there's around 1,000 trophies in the game. If there's that many, GS should deserve at least 10 of them. Geez.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Well, I don't know, since Mewtwo was announced I've been wondering if maybe certain trophies in the final game aren't leftovers of planned characters like him and Ice Climbers. I think Lucas and Wolf probably were late cuts as well. It wouldn't surprise me if Dixie was as well since she was planned for Brawl. Maybe even the Chorus Kids. So I think a trophy of Isaac could be a sign he shared a similar fate. I wish someone would ask Sakurai about late cuts to see if this is what actually happened. Of course, he might not be willing to answer at this point if he's keeping them as possible DLC.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pertaining to the "trophies are placeholders for late cuts" theory, does that rely on shared trophies or just the trophies in either version that that character may appear in?

Isaac isn't in the 3DS game, of course, so it seems strange that he'd be ommited from Wii U game, too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Pertaining to the "trophies are placeholders for late cuts" theory, does that rely on shared trophies or just the trophies in either version that that character may appear in?

Isaac isn't in the 3DS game, of course, so it seems strange that he'd be ommited from Wii U game, too.
In the theory that a character wasn't "cut," but couldn't be finished and "postponed," its very possible that Isaac being omitted means he'd be added later. You're right, it makes no sense for Isaac not to appear in either version when we do have GS music tracks. We'll have to keep an eye out for it.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I'm Back guys for the search. 500 trophies have been found already? Wow. Still no Isaac. @ N3ON N3ON , you must know something we don't. Haha!

How do I Live stream this. I have an HD PVR 2, but what else do I need? I will be focusing on getting trophies for you guys.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In the theory that a character wasn't "cut," but couldn't be finished and "postponed," its very possible that Isaac being omitted means he'd be added later. You're right, it makes no sense for Isaac not to appear in either version when we do have GS music tracks. We'll have to keep an eye out for it.
Yeah. I mean, if there was no soundstracks, perhaps the general consensus would be that Nintendo just cut all Golden Sun content from the game because reasons.

But there are, and what's more, there's even more soundtracks than there were in Brawl. It seems very, very strange that they would keep the franchise "alive" in that sense but not even bother to give it a trophy - did Isaac even have a trophy in Brawl?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah. I mean, if there was no soundstracks, perhaps the general consensus would be that Nintendo just cut all Golden Sun content from the game because reasons.

But there are, and what's more, there's even more soundtracks than there were in Brawl. It seems very, very strange that they would keep the franchise "alive" in that sense but not even bother to give it a trophy - did Isaac even have a trophy in Brawl?
I'm pretty sure he did because all Assist Trophies did.

I'm Back guys for the search. 500 trophies have been found already? Wow. Still no Isaac. @ N3ON N3ON , you must know something we don't. Haha!

How do I Live stream this. I have an HD PVR 2, but what else do I need? I will be focusing on getting trophies for you guys.
I'm not sure. I've got one too and I've never done it before either, so I'll be having some trouble getting it set up.

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman

I suggest you look up a streaming program. The best one out there is Xsplit, but only the paid version. You might want to check out https://obsproject.com/ instead. It's free, but has somewhat less content than Xsplit. There are plenty of tutorials out there, it honestly is not too hard. You just need a good upstream and a decent PC.

Also, yes, Isaac did have a trophy in Brawl.

A strong-willed Psynergy adept of the bloodline of an ancient race thought to have been lost with the downfall of civilization. He can manipulate earth-based forces and is also a highly skilled swordsman. He sets out to protect a lighthouse that can release the sealed powers of alchemy. In Smash Bros., he uses "Move" Psynergy, which creates an energy field that pushes foes away.

Golden Sun 2001
Golden Sun: The Lost Age 2003

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Like everyone said it's too weird that GS has still no representation at all but havimg two songs ! There is so,ethimf fishy around here and i hope one of you wil find anything regarding our Earth Adept !

And is it too late to join te Supporter List? =P Cause i think i can say i'm with Isaac until the end ;)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It should be noted that Wolf has a new model in his convos, which is identical to his trophy model. If Isaac was cut as a playable late (or postponed), he may not have a trophy because of the icon. I'd also be convinced that GS may have one stage on 3DS, so that both versions have the same amount of new stages.

Like everyone said it's too weird that GS has still no representation at all but havimg two songs ! There is so,ethimf fishy around here and i hope one of you wil find anything regarding our Earth Adept !

And is it too late to join te Supporter List? =P Cause i think i can say i'm with Isaac until the end ;)
I doubt its too late, but there is a problem. Y'see, @ N3ON N3ON has been MIA all month. Though she keeps changing the title, so I'm sure she's lurking.

Top Bottom