• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I had an idea.

What if Isaac used all four elements but all of them were "coloured" by earth psynergy. So it would show his ability to use any element but show that his forte is still earth psynergy

Earth,
Earth + Fire (Eruption, Volcanic themed attacks),
Earth + Water (Mud or Swamp attacks),
Earth + Wind (Sandstorms, Debris attacks)

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Yeah, I could see Isaac having attacks that sort of combines earth + the other elements, or maybe just a single attack for the other elements, but I would say his moveset should be predominantly based on earth psynergy. He may be able to technically pull off more of those moves, but at the end of the day, he's a Venus adept, and giving equal showing to all 4 elements would be a misleading representation of his character.

And didn't they have to give Ness Paula and Poo's attacks because he lacks offensive PSI moves of his own? It would be weird to have a Mother character with no PSI attacks, so that makes sense, but Isaac has his own signature earth-based psynergy attacks, so they don't really have to do that with him.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I jst up with a Golden Sun stage idea, leave a like if you like it.

Mars Lighthouse.

The fight could take place on the arie where the Doom Dragon was battled, and

the Doom Dragon can be a stage hazard

He could unleash his Blast Breathe and few other attacks, oh and he can se this..

Yep, I want to see Cruel Rain in Super Smash Bros, this could be a stage hazard move the Doom Dragon uses/

This stage could be similar to the Spear Pillar in which had Palkia, Dialga, or Cresselia as stage hazards.

What do think, guys?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
That would actually be an epic stage. Actually, Smash should use more epic final boss fight levels from games, in general. Zelda, for example, has a lot of great ones.

I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to show off Isaac as an assist trophy, then reveal Matthew as a new challenger the day after.

It'd be kind of cool to have adult Isaac as an assist trophy, reprising his role.
That would be weird IMO. I dunno, I don't think Matthew has much of a chance at all.

Other than being in a newer game, he has nothing going for him in place of Isaac, who was the face of the much more popular origina game, and was already put as an AT.

Isaac will probably be lucky to even come back as an Assist Trophy.
Why?

It's not like AT spots are as limited as roster spots so there's literally not much of a reason to remove Isaac as an AT, unless he's playable.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I actually think it would be more like Sakurai to casually reveal Matthew (or Felix) as an assist trophy that does the exact same thing as Isaac did in Brawl, just to have us hot and bothered for months on end like the Ridley fan base.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I actually think it would be more like Sakurai to casually reveal Matthew (or Felix) as an assist trophy that does the exact same thing as Isaac, just to have us hot and bothered for months on end like the Ridley fan base.
I would like Felix or Matthew to be revealed as AT.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
If Isaac does end up coming back as an AT, I hope the redesign him. He looked too cartoony in Brawl, not as sleek and cool as he looks in the games IMO.

I remember first being excited for his inclusion as playable, then weirded out by his look... then sad because he was an AT. :laugh:

TeamFlareZakk

I wouldn't be against Felix as a Assist Trophy, I freaken love Felix, even more than Isaac, I'm a Felix type of guy, he's in my signature.

My question is if they made Felix the Assist Trophy so Isaac can be playable, can Felix be alsobe a Alternative Costume?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I had an idea.

What if Isaac used all four elements but all of them were "coloured" by earth psynergy. So it would show his ability to use any element but show that his forte is still earth psynergy

Earth,
Earth + Fire (Eruption, Volcanic themed attacks),
Earth + Water (Mud or Swamp attacks),
Earth + Wind (Sandstorms, Debris attacks)
Not bad!

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
From the way Sakurai works, I imagine it would heavily stick to how battles work in GS. I expected to see Djinn there. I would love to see all the elements, but I think Venus psynergy being solely represented most likely. So sometype a mix between using djinn or choosing to solely use psyenergy and physical attacks.

A summon would be his Final Smash.
In fact my favourite possibility for Isaac moveset is making use of Djinns and Classes... Isaac would change stats in the middle of the battle in a system similar to the game.
In your opinion, if Isaac is playable, which sword should he uses ? I really want to see the Sold Blade and Megiddo.
Sol Blade or Gaia Blade. But i would like to see a good redesign of the Sol Blade, i mean Dark Dawn design wasnt bad and in fact pointed in the good direction (Golden, a shape that differences Sol Blade from the common sword) but i think that it needs to be more "Legendary" i dont know what it is but it needs to be more than just a big and Golden Sword, maybe silvery runes or tribals, i dont know...
I can see Isaac using other psyenergies from his partners, just like Ness uses PK Thunder/Fire/Starstorm from Paula and Poo.
Why would they make the same mistake a second time?
Actually there is a big difference between Golden Sun and Earthbound/Mother. Most of the powers, in this case Psynergy that each adept own is based on the class (Golden Sun characters have acess to different classes). For this reason Isaac can use many of the psynergies that are commonly asociated to other adepts.
I jst up with a Golden Sun stage idea, leave a like if you like it.

Mars Lighthouse.

The fight could take place on the arie where the Doom Dragon was battled, and

the Doom Dragon can be a stage hazard

He could unleash his Blast Breathe and few other attacks, oh and he can se this..

Yep, I want to see Cruel Rain in Super Smash Bros, this could be a stage hazard move the Doom Dragon uses/

This stage could be similar to the Spear Pillar in which had Palkia, Dialga, or Cresselia as stage hazards.

What do think, guys?
Even if the Lighthouses are the most important dungeons in Golden Sun, i think that is not the best option to make an stage of Golden Sun.
Also even if Cruel Ruin is amazing i dont really want to see that, reasons are obvious. Im not against the idea of stationary and specific stage hazards but thats clearly too much, the ideal Stage Hazard = *Players can make profit of it ocasionally if they are smart *Is not a decissive factor in the game. Playing in Spear Pillar is a nightmare even from the prespective of casual player, no one likes to lose because a giant monster inverted the controls and you suicide accidentally.

In my opinion the best place of Golden Sun to make a stage is:

Elemental Star Chamber, While only appears in one game, it have a real importance in the plot of the series. Is the beginning of the action, the trigger that causes the Odyssey of Isaac. And i feel that Elemental Star Chamber represents better than the Lighthouses the aesthetics of Golden Sun. Golden Sun animations makes a heavy use of particles, light... And thats is exactly what Elemental Star Chamber does have. orbs of light floating with grace in the air, the soft light flickering of the elemental stars, the light emanating from the portal and the calmed movement of the water...
Combine that with this:
I can imagine that the main part of the stage would be area around the portal, in the right side we could reach an smaller area that have the venus star statue (just a decoration) in the left side another area similar in size to the portal area, Connecting the 3 areas there would be Pillars that would emerge and submerge randomly and water...

But wait... We can not forget the other face of the alchemy...

This stage could eventually suffer a transformation,
The statues would lose the particular bright that they have, one by one. When the last statue is turned off, the MT Aleph erupts. The stage could have periods of vibration, dust and rocks falling from the ceiling, the water dissapears and is replaced by big cracks that emane high temperature materials or even with lava, aditionally it could show the awakening of the Djinns (more of the effects of Golden Sun) and the Wise One in the background using his power in order to contain the eruption.

Last edited:

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Actually there is a big difference between Golden Sun and Earthbound/Mother. Most of the powers, in this case Psynergy that each adept own is based on the class (Golden Sun characters have acess to different classes). For this reason Isaac can use many of the psynergies that are commonly asociated to other adepts.
That's exactly like giving Link a hammer instead of the Master Sword just because he has the ability to use one.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly like giving Link a hammer instead of the Master Sword just because he has the ability to use one.
Not exactly the same, i mean advancing through the game the whole time with the hammer is something that you dont usually do, using a different class with Isaac in Golden Sun is something common, I dont use Mono-elemental classes except in the beginning of the game, because i dont have enough djinns to reach better classes.
I could say that main class of Isaac is like giving Link the Kokiri Sword instead of the Master Sword (such a bad analogy).

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I like the idea of either the Elemental Star Chamber or the Venus Lighthouse as Golden Sun stages

And speaking of the Venus Lighthouse, I do like this remix.

Speaking of themes, besides the obvious choice of his signature theme, what other Golden Sun music could be used in Isaac's hypothetical trailer?

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I like the elemental stars chamber idea, it'd be perfect for the WiiU version.

Speaking of themes, besides the obvious choice of his signature theme, what other Golden Sun music could be used in Isaac's hypothetical trailer.
Felix's or Saturos' maybe? It needs to be one with a lot of rythm to even make people who haven't played Golden Sun get excited.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I dont know... Golden Sun is series exclusive to portable consoles at the moment, any Golden Sun stages makes more sense in 3DS version.
It is but

We have never seen any Punch-Out game for a portable yet there is a stage for the 3DS version. If anything this means if Isaac is playable we'll see at least the same stage in both versions.

D

Deleted member

Not posted in here before, although I've played Dark Dawn and the original Golden Sun so I could call myself a fan.

Mostly I want to know what you all think would happen to Isaac's most famous attack, seen in his assist trophy, if adapted into an actual moveset. On an assist trophy it can afford to be broken like that, but how do you think it'd best be adapted to be balanced in Smash? Would it still push the foe away but be balanced by its distance it can travel, or would it simply be a damaging attack that passes through the foe or deals standard knockback? The former would be a better foundation for an interesting set for sure, but the latter offers an incredibly simple version of the move that requires little balancing, albeit at the cost of not quite feeling right. If any of you have your own ideas I've love to hear them.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
It really just needs to be smaller... it'd probably have a reasonable end lag so while it should be great for pushing people away if it can be avoided it would leave him somewhat vulnerable.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Not posted in here before, although I've played Dark Dawn and the original Golden Sun so I could call myself a fan.

Mostly I want to know what you all think would happen to Isaac's most famous attack, seen in his assist trophy, if adapted into an actual moveset. On an assist trophy it can afford to be broken like that, but how do you think it'd best be adapted to be balanced in Smash? Would it still push the foe away but be balanced by its distance it can travel, or would it simply be a damaging attack that passes through the foe or deals standard knockback? The former would be a better foundation for an interesting set for sure, but the latter offers an incredibly simple version of the move that requires little balancing, albeit at the cost of not quite feeling right. If any of you have your own ideas I've love to hear them.
It really just needs to be smaller... it'd probably have a reasonable end lag so while it should be great for pushing people away if it can be avoided it would leave him somewhat vulnerable.
It needs to be completely changed, also remember that in Golden Sun you can use move not only to push items but also to PULL, so if you want to justices to all the possibilities of "Hand Psynergies" it needs more things.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Yes, that's why his hand psyenergy would probably be a ranged grab too... The move ability would likely be a push on the special buttons (I imagine either Forward or Neutral) but hand psyenergy could be used for other moves too.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Gosh, all these pictures make me want to play Golden Sun again. I cannot wait until it gets released on Virtual Console. I still have mine GBA copies, but I have decided to wait for the Virtual Console release instead.

Sort of off-topic: The character in this game trailer reminds me so much of Isaac. He makes me think about what teenage Isaac would look like in adult Isaac's clothes. This game, currently called Azure Striker Gunvolt, is being made by the same people whom made Mega Man.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Gosh, all these pictures make me want to play Golden Sun again. I cannot wait until it gets released on Virtual Console.
I feel similarly. It's been a long time since I played Golden Sun. But hey, every day gone past is one more closer to its release.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly the same, i mean advancing through the game the whole time with the hammer is something that you dont usually do, using a different class with Isaac in Golden Sun is something common, I dont use Mono-elemental classes except in the beginning of the game, because i dont have enough djinns to reach better classes.
I could say that main class of Isaac is like giving Link the Kokiri Sword instead of the Master Sword (such a bad analogy).
My analogy is better. :3

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
In fact my favourite possibility for Isaac moveset is making use of Djinns and Classes... Isaac would change stats in the middle of the battle in a system similar to the game.
Sol Blade or Gaia Blade. But i would like to see a good redesign of the Sol Blade, i mean Dark Dawn design wasnt bad and in fact pointed in the good direction (Golden, a shape that differences Sol Blade from the common sword) but i think that it needs to be more "Legendary" i dont know what it is but it needs to be more than just a big and Golden Sword, maybe silvery runes or tribals, i dont know...

Elemental Star Chamber, While only appears in one game, it have a real importance in the plot of the series. Is the beginning of the action, the trigger that causes the Odyssey of Isaac. And i feel that Elemental Star Chamber represents better than the Lighthouses the aesthetics of Golden Sun. Golden Sun animations makes a heavy use of particles, light... And thats is exactly what Elemental Star Chamber does have. orbs of light floating with grace in the air, the soft light flickering of the elemental stars, the light emanating from the portal and the calmed movement of the water...
Combine that with this:
I can imagine that the main part of the stage would be area around the portal, in the right side we could reach an smaller area that have the venus star statue (just a decoration) in the left side another area similar in size to the portal area, Connecting the 3 areas there would be Pillars that would emerge and submerge randomly and water...

But wait... We can not forget the other face of the alchemy...

This stage could eventually suffer a transformation,
The statues would lose the particular bright that they have, one by one. When the last statue is turned off, the MT Aleph erupts. The stage could have periods of vibration, dust and rocks falling from the ceiling, the water disappears and is replaced by big cracks that emane high temperature materials or even with lava, additionally it could show the awakening of the Djinns (more of the effects of Golden Sun) and the Wise One in the background using his power in order to contain the eruption.
This, this right here, is so tubular. Imagine being able to switch two or three of his attacks/specials/smashes whenever he changes classes by using his D-special or N-special. Just like Project M's Samus where you can change a choice few moves through taunts. Just to clarify, I don't mean 2-3 of those each areas of attack, if anything it would be 2-3 moves only and in one of the 3 areas Atk/Spe/Sma.

Not only that, they could also accommodate playstyles of these classes based on the element of the djinn he is using. Venus would be the hard hitter and his main offense, Mars would be rapid hits for quick spurts of damage, Mercury would be keeping your opponent at a distance defensively, and Jupiter would be projectiles for setup.

I'm all for the Elemental Star Chamber too. Think of the potential ambiance it could have! Glowing lights floating about with a main platform and plenty of medium sized to small platforms placed around it. Once the chamber would fall apart, those platforms would sink into the abyss below.
I think any lighthouse would be perfect for a Golden Sun Stage:

We gotta love these hacks!
HrrnNNGG, that is just too great for words in a hack. They even have the lighthouse activate and split apart! Now that's what I'm talking about for stage representation! The layout isn't terrible either and looks like a completely neutral stage. I wouldn't want the Doom Dragon to appear, though. Too lolness would ensue from the potential Palkia and Dialga attacks. Which isn't bad, but I don't have fond memories of that boss.

TeamFlareZakk

First off, good point, @ R Raetah the Sol Sanctum is where it all began where Saturos set off the trap that caused the the storm in which he rescued Felix, Kyle and Felix's parents in, and it being atop of Mt Aleph, where Alex gains the Golden Sun.

I like that stage idea @ Lightosia Lightosia Venus Lighthouse was my second choice with perhaps Saturos and Menardi as a stage hazard.

I think Golden Sun will be 3ds exclusive, but it could be for both since GBA is coming to VC, although I'm getting Golden Sun in the 3ds VC, I don't want a RPG on the game console because RPGs are games you're playing like all day and I need it on the portable systems, that's why Chrono Trigger for ds was like the best thing ever, I have Mario RPG on Wii U, but barely play it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

Combine that with this:
I've been suggesting this for a stage long before Brawl was even released! Glad to know I'm not alone.

I know Venus Lighthouse is always the popular choice, but I still think this would make for the most awesome GS stage. It would be very unique, and unique stages is very much what I want in SSB... Or at least good unique stages, which I think this one would be. lol

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just something random but interesting point.

What would Isaac's weight be in this game if he were to be in?
Somewhere around Marth or Pit's weight, I suppose.

My personal favourite stage for Golden Sun would be the Venus Lighthouse. There is a great hack of it, plus the Venus Lighthouse theme is great.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was thinking earlier Isaac could use the catch psynergy to pick up items from afar, but he could also use it to rescue allies from falling during team battles. He could just catch them if they can't reach the stage edge.

It would be a little situational (Isaac would need to be at the stage edge) but even so it would be a useful trick to have.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Personally I'd also like to see Alex and Sveta
But that's more of a pipe dream.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Here's an idea I had for Djinn as a part of Isaac's moveset: I pretty much pretended unleash and summon were the same thing, for simplicity's sake.
B: Djinn Set/Summon: When you start the match, you have no djinn. Press B to set a djinn to yourself, which is random out of Venus, Mars, Jupiter, or Mercury. Each one has a different effect:
-Venus: Isaac is “tougher,” dealing slightly more damage and knockback, and receiving less knockback.
-Mars: Gives Isaac’s sword fire effects, like Roy’s.
-Juipter: Gives Isaac’s sword wind effects (little knockback areas outside of the hitboxes).
-Mercury: ???
After a djinn has been set, press B again to use a summon.
-Venus: Venus summon, a smash of earth power flies into the area in front of Isaac
-Mars: Mars summon, a blast of fire comes from above Isaac and goes diagonally into the area in front of Isaac
-Jupiter: Jupiter summon, 3 smaller blasts of wind with low damage, high knockback in front of Isaac
-Mercury: Mercury summon, pretty much Squirtle’s up smash, but only one jet of water

Arteen

Smash Lord
If Golden Sun has a single stage, I can't imagine it would be anything other than Venus Lighthouse, but Sol Sanctum would be my second choice.

Just something random but interesting point.

What would Isaac's weight be in this game if he were to be in?
I picture him somewhere between light and medium weight, but with a fast falling speed.

TeamFlareZakk

Personally I'd also like to see Alex and Sveta
But that's more of a pipe dream.
My Pipedream is Agatio, you have to admit, Agatio would have a awesome moveset for this game.

I would think Isaac would be about Link's weight class.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
My Pipedream is Agatio, you have to admit, Agatio would have a awesome moveset for this game.

I would think Isaac would be about Link's weight class.
I think Issac will around Roy's weight class, but I can't really compare them...

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Isaac's earth element makes me think he can be more of a medium-heavy character and stick close to the ground.

Also, I've been thinking he would be similar to Little Mac in that he would be better for ground combat instead of air attacks.

Top Bottom