• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I faced a Pikachu who knew to keep away. Lost all of the matches but glad it all went close.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Is anyone else reminded of PM Ganon when they use SSB4 Ganon? I've been playing him a lot lately and I think my PM experience with him rubbed off.

Exalted

Smash Lord
I think I'm getting too excited to try out Ganon when the Wii U version is released.

GANON-HOOOOO

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
To all of those who don't like Ganon because of his nerfed side b, just use custom moves! His custom special 2 hits upward and when grounded, can't be teched. Sure, it's slower, but if you are really good at reading and mind games, it does a ton of damage and can ko pretty easily. And his custom special 3 is actually pretty safe to use and racks up damage fast.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Ganondorf players confirmed for chillest of the chill. While everyone else is all "Frame data" and "stunlock" and "Why is Yoshi so good?", we're making Thundercats references and discussing the effectiveness of killing an elf's loved ones.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'll be rooting for you, Kalm.

Also, yeah, we <are> pretty chill here, aren't we? Not much to worry about when you know all that exists is within your grasp.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Okay guys, I did decent but I have to say

Ganon is definitely much better this game. He can actually space with pivot reverse ftilts, live long, edge fantastically.

Pivot ftilt resets spacing and actually restricts the opponent under wizkick and flame choke influence.

Zss is probably his worse match up right now, only because she can camp on the ledge and avoid getting killed.

Even after I found myself comboed with many hits, I always found myself evening up damage with just a few.

I think he has advantage over a few characters as well (Shulk).

I'll continue using Ganon in the coming tournaments, I didn't feel at a disadvantage against any character, but the difference in playstyles and moves that old chars have like Zss and Sonic caught me off guard. You'll need experience in matchups.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Okay guys, I did decent but I have to say

Ganon is definitely much better this game. He can actually space with pivot reverse ftilts, live long, edge fantastically.

Pivot ftilt resets spacing and actually restricts the opponent under wizkick and flame choke influence.

Zss is probably his worse match up right now, only because she can camp on the ledge and avoid getting killed.

Even after I found myself comboed with many hits, I always found myself evening up damage with just a few.

I think he has advantage over a few characters as well (Shulk).

I'll continue using Ganon in the coming tournaments, I didn't feel at a disadvantage against any character, but the difference in playstyles and moves that old chars have like Zss and Sonic caught me off guard. You'll need experience in matchups.
Keep going man. That is exactly what I am doing too. I am getting experience in Matchups. I am actually performing in a tournament next week online. Customs also give Ganon a really huge boost

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Good going, Kalm.

I'm still on the fence about his position. He has a few truly great things going - things you mentioned, like damage, longevity, etc. - but I fluctuate violently between feelings of "he's so much better" versus "he's actually worse." We still have a lot of time to see what happens though. I just can't quantify the pros and cons yet.

I think the worst times I have are when characters who can space well or are really fast don't approach. Falcon, Sheik, ZSS, etc. to name a few.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Dec 5th... Why you so far away?

On the plus side, I got borderlands and Mk 8 /HW dlc to amuse myself with until the time when I can Ganondorf all over the floor.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm , do you mind helping me train my Ganon up? I am attending an online tournament next week and I want to give Ganon the spotlight.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
How do you dacus on 3ds? Really fast fingers?
The new 3ds has a c-stick. And puts us at a huge disadvantage against Japanese and Australian players. -_- why do you do this to us Nintendo? They should have got it into America before Black Friday.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganon confirmed tournament viable. Now we have a fast approach with a move that is actually safe on block.

Probably not on the 3DS unfortunately, but Wii-U is gonna be a huge buff for Ganon.
Safe on block, kills and almost lagless. This makes reverse FTilt pivoting even more deadly, as now Ganon has another trick of his sleeve option once he resets his spacing. I'll figure out how to do this, play some glory matches, and upload the video to show how effective this can be.

Hey @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm , do you mind helping me train my Ganon up? I am attending an online tournament next week and I want to give Ganon the spotlight.
Can't today, but we can play a lot tomorrow and the day after. I'll add your FC.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The new 3ds has a c-stick. And puts us at a huge disadvantage against Japanese and Australian players. -_- why do you do this to us Nintendo? They should have got it into America before Black Friday.
New 3DS C stick also kinda sucks from what I've heard because of its awkward placement. So as I was saying...this is probably not something to take seriously on the 3DS.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
The New 3DS is already available in Japan?

That's cool Ninty. It's not like I want to give you my money or something.

1516515196.gif

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
Always so exciting seeing new tech get discovered. Can't wait to try this on the Wii U version.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I can't even get the Ganon DACUS on 1/4 speed lol. I'm able to do it beautifully with other characters though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It seems to be a dacus that needs to be inputted within like 1 frame of doing the dash attack, just looking at the video. same deal for Greninja's one.
This is pretty much something that will have to wait for WiiU sadly. only 2 months now...

Also, Old man grey is swiftly becoming my favourite Member here, purely due to the fact he's posting wrestling GIFs

DaftFunk420

Smash Rookie
Dacus for Ganon? Glorious day. also I have been looking at some tier lists (I know too early) but ganon is starting to pop up in higher tiers. What do u guys think.

Also, I've been playing for glory a lot online and having loads of fun. how u guys doin with ganon? I'm at about 270 wins and 130 losses, 90% of games wit ganon. I think its around 67%. pretty horrid but had some pretty bad habits at first. I lost 10 games in a row to a little Mac cuz it was laggy and I was getting super salty. normally that match up is fine for me LOL. I know not to play with lag anymore. with ganon u need to be precise. precisely evil.

camden

Smash Apprentice
My record with Ganon isn't so hot, only coming in around 70% win ratio. I'm trying my damn best, though.

Also, props to Grey Belnades Grey Belnades for the WWE gifs. I think I've seen all of them on /wooo/ before but it's great to see them regardless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom