• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy With Two Mouths- Mawile for Smash Bros DLC

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
I know there are a lot of Pokemon in the game already, but there is one more that I think would be awesome to have.

Mawile is a Pokemon introduced in Generation III, which means that it could represent the remakes Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. It is based on the futakuchi-onna, a woman with an extra mouth on the back of her head. It was originally a pure steel-type Pokemon; however, in Generation VI it gained the newly-added fairy-type, greatly improving its typing. It also gained a Mega Evolution which, thanks to its ability Huge Power, has the highest attack stat of all Pokemon and is commonly seen in competitive battles.
For more info on Mawile in Pokemon see here.

In Smash Bros, Mawile would be a character that is slow and small, but has powerful attacks. It would walk backwards so the jaws on the back of its head face where it's headed. Its tilts, smash attacks, and aerials would involve backwards punching and kicking, and also swinging its head to hurt opponents with its jaws.

Special Moves:
Neutral B: Crunch- similar to Wario's chomp
Side B: Flash Cannon- fires a beam of energy from the insides of its jaws
Up B: Magnet Rise- similar to R.O.B.'s Robo Burner but causes electrical damage if an opponent touches Mawile
Down B: Sucker Punch- disappears then reappears a little bit ahead of itself and attacks
I'll add custom specials once I think of them.

Final Smash: Mega Mawile- a transformation Final Smash which causes all of its attacks to become super powerful; however, it still takes normal damage and knockback from opponents' attacks.

This is my suggestion for a DLC character. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
It's probably getting to be too late after the Nintendo Direct for mass amounts of people supporting new characters. The votes are in and they're all Ridley. Anyway, I personally don't think that Mawile would fit in this game at all, especially since she isn't iconic at all.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to have had a rep from gen 3 (It's the gen I grew up playing, favorite one). I figure we didn't get one because X and Y hadn't even been released while the Sm4sh roster was being finalized.
I'm really disappointed in not having just a couple more pokemon. I know pokemon has a ton of reps in this game, but considering its one of Nintendo's biggest franchises I'd love to have gotten just one more new one. Squirtle and Ivy being cut totally baffles me. They were so unique. :[
I think another pokemon would work, because all the pokemon on the roster feel very different from each other. Heck, Charizard plays more similarly to Ike or DK than he does any of the other pokemon. And I'd adore a gen 3 rep as long as it wasn't Blazieken. I dunno why, but Blaziken being in Smash rubs me the wrong way somehow. I honestly wouldn't want a starter from gen 3 if it was added. Can't think of anyone from gen 3 I'd add right off the top of my head.

Just wondering, what made you pick Mawile? I think Mawile is a pretty cool pokemon, but why pick her?

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to have had a rep from gen 3 (It's the gen I grew up playing, favorite one). I figure we didn't get one because X and Y hadn't even been released while the Sm4sh roster was being finalized.
I'm really disappointed in not having just a couple more pokemon. I know pokemon has a ton of reps in this game, but considering its one of Nintendo's biggest franchises I'd love to have gotten just one more new one. Squirtle and Ivy being cut totally baffles me. They were so unique. :[
I think another pokemon would work, because all the pokemon on the roster feel very different from each other. Heck, Charizard plays more similarly to Ike or DK than he does any of the other pokemon. And I'd adore a gen 3 rep as long as it wasn't Blazieken. I dunno why, but Blaziken being in Smash rubs me the wrong way somehow. I honestly wouldn't want a starter from gen 3 if it was added. Can't think of anyone from gen 3 I'd add right off the top of my head.

Just wondering, what made you pick Mawile? I think Mawile is a pretty cool pokemon, but why pick her?
I just really like Mawile and decided to make a thread for her.

Top Bottom