• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ex-Detective, Kyle Hyde, Comes to Investigate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Welcome to the Kyle Hyde support thread!

Kyle Hyde is the main protagonist of the interactive mystery novels, Hotel Dusk: Room 215 and The Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, for the Nintendo DS, developed by CING. As the thread title says, he is an ex-copper. Bitter, gruff, and sardonic, yet sharp-minded and at times surprisingly compassionate, Kyle Hyde makes an excellent character in his respective games and would certainly make one for Super Smash Bros. U and Super Smash Bros. 3D (however low his chances may be).

In Hotel Dusk: Room 215

It is the 28th of December, 1979. Three years have passed since Kyle Hyde resigned from the NYPD and moved to Los Angeles, Louisiana, USA. He now works for Red Crown, a door-to-door sales enterprise with a side business of finding people and things that do not want to be found. Hyde's boss, Ed Vincent, orders him to go to Hotel Dusk to recieve a package with a set of instructions. When Hyde checks in at the hotel, he learns that a previous lodger had signed in under his name. As Hyde interacts with the residents of Hotel Dusk, all of whom have their own story, he learns that there is more to Hotel Dusk than meets the eye, and soon comes a step closer to finding his ex-partner Bradley, whom Kyle has been searching for since his disappearance three years ago...

In The Last Window: The Secret of Cape West

A year has passed since the events of Hotel Dusk: Room 215. One afternoon, in the streets of Los Angeles, Louisiana, USA, Kyle Hyde is abruptly awoken in his car by his pager. As he calls Red Crown, the door-to-door sales company he works for, Hyde is immediately chewed out by his boss, Ed Vincent, for apparently slacking off on the job. Hyde attempts to assuage Ed in a sarcastic manner, and Ed, in his final loss of patience, fires Kyle on the spot. Hours later, after sunset, Kyle returns to Hotel Cape West, where he is informed that his landlady, Margaret "Mags" Patrice, is selling the hotel within the next week, and that the new owner plans to have the hotel demolished. As Hyde returns to his room, he discovers a mysterious letter wedged between his door. The letter reads, "Find the Scarlet Star, which disappeared at Hotel Cape West 25 years ago." As the days pass, new, shady figures begin to appear in the hotel, and Kyle learns Hotel Cape West has a dark history interlinking not only the residents of the hotel, but also his late father, Chris Hyde. Before time runs out, Kyle is determined to find the Scarlet Star and in doing so unlocking the mysteries behind Hotel Cape West and the death of his father...

For fans of the Kyle Hyde chronicles and newcomers alike, feel free to offer your support. Also, if you have a Nintendo DS or 3DS and you like mysteries and puzzles, or if you liked the Another Code series (also developed by CING), I would highly recommend Hotel Dusk and The Last Window.

Kyle Hyde's moveset could consist of the many items used throughout his respective games. For instance, his forward smash could be the hammer obtained in Hotel Dusk, his side-special move could consist of him ramming the opponent with a wooden chair, and his upward special could be the rope. I have been writing a moveset for Kyle Hyde, but I must say it has proven to be quite challenging. Nonetheless, I am determined to complete the project! Eventually.

Anyhow, once again, feel free to offer your support and discuss anything related to the Kyle Hyde chronicles.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Bump!

Just added some gameplay videos so people can have a better idea what the games are like.

Anyhow, I just thought of something: If Kyle Hyde did make it in Smash 4 (which I know is unlikely), he would not have to be made in full 3D; he could be completely flat like Mr. Game & Watch, and have the squiggly animation he had in his games. Also, he would not have to use real life street fighting attacks; his moveset could be a cartoony, gadget-based array of attacks. Although, I still have no idea what his Final Smash could be.

Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom