• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Esseless Sound Workshop: (Roll a Die) PK Freeze

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the Esseless Sound Workshop! Betcha forgot this was here, huh? The goal here is to make the game's sfx and voices more consistent and clean. I'm not too sure if I intend on working on sounds simply because their "funny" or "strange" but if the sound is completely out of place or just not there at all, then I will throw a hand in fixing that. I haven't found too much funny business in PM 3.6, so I might not be doing much here just yet. Note: I am not a code junkie, I only know how to change and move sounds around. Significant coding such as messing with RSBE01 is beyond me. However, PSAeditor is not :)

Lucas shouts "PK Freeze" and Other stuff
This is perhaps the more "Project M-ified," version. I now have Lucas cycling through 6 different voice clips, as opposed to only his "PK Freeze" Sound effect.

Lucas Shouts "PK Freeze" and other Stuff

Lucas PK Freeze "alpha":
Lucas went from using PK Freeze Omega in brawl to PK freeze Alpha in Project M, so i did the honors of editing his voice clip so that he now shouts when using his side B. Have a looksy:

It's a simple edit, but a big one depending on how nitpicky you might be.

Download link: Lucas PK Freeze Alpha 3.6

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the Esseless Sound Workshop! Betcha forgot this was here, huh? The goal here is to make the game's sfx and voices more consistent and clean. I'm not too sure if I intend on working on sounds simply because their "funny" or "strange" but if the sound is completely out of place or just not there at all, then I will throw a hand in fixing that. I haven't found too much funny business in PM 3.6, so I might not be doing much here just yet. Note: I am not a code junkie, I only know how to change and move sounds around. Significant coding such as messing with RSBE01 is beyond me. However, PSAeditor is not :)

Lucas PK Freeze "alpha":
Lucas went from using PK Freeze Omega in brawl to PK freeze Alpha in Project M, so i did the honors of editing his voice clip so that he now shouts when using his side B. Have a looksy:

It's a simple edit, but a big one depending on how nitpicky you might be.

Download link: Lucas PK Freeze Alpha 3.6
That is so good for annoying people cause he just yells it every time you use it. Good work though!

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
haha XD
i have wondered about shuffling the sound. i think ness uses "PK Fire" and a couple of grunts but i cant remember off the top of my head
Well actually he just says PK fire if i remember. Every time you use it... Doesn't help that its a spammable move.

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
Well actually he just says PK fire if i remember. Every time you use it... Doesn't help that its a spammable move.
Well my friend, I checked it out. In Brawl, Ness and Lucas say it every time. However, In PM, they switch it up between 3 or 4 sounds in PM. Sooooo... I will be working on that.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
There is a small change you can make to toon link by adding sound to his secret up-taunt (when you tap it lightly) but i saw in the OP you only know how to move/change sounds. Is that something you don't know how to do as of now?

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
There is a small change you can make to toon link by adding sound to his secret up-taunt (when you tap it lightly) but i saw in the OP you only know how to move/change sounds. Is that something you don't know how to do as of now?
Mmm I guess you can say I can add sounds. When I made that statement, it was based on the fact that I have no code knowledge. Now this would be quite a bit different cause I've never tried to find a taunt in SmashAttacks buuuut I might maybe be able to find it

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Mmm I guess you can say I can add sounds. When I made that statement, it was based on the fact that I have no code knowledge. Now this would be quite a bit different cause I've never tried to find a taunt in SmashAttacks buuuut I might maybe be able to find it
well that's nice to know. What i was thinking for toon link is that he does two grunts and then does his side smash sound. The taunt right now is empty without sound and seems kind of weird for an expressive character.

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
well that's nice to know. What i was thinking for toon link is that he does two grunts and then does his side smash sound. The taunt right now is empty without sound and seems kind of weird for an expressive character.
makes sense. I'll look into it when i can

Top Bottom