• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Drama Thread

Fuujin

Smash Champion
yeah i wouldn't be surprised if he were drunk. Just trying to say that one good day (or bad day for the other person) isn't really enough evidence. With that said though...

I think link is actually really tough for zelda. It's so hard for her to get in, and if she doesn't approach she gets constant projectile spam damage it's annoying.

One silly thing that seems to work more often than not is charging up a f-smash and letting link's side b push zelda towards link.

HERP DERP BUT LINK HAZ a BAD RECOVERY

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Again, you haven't played a good Link.

Zelda's only move that sends link in a position to be gimped is d smash.
Link can whiplash D smash.
All of Zelda's other moves send link either straight up, or upwards at a diagonal angle.
Link has like the 2nd or 3rd best Vertical momentum canceling.
Zelda won't be killing Link early most of the time, she can't abuse his recover like other characters can.
So I heard link's position on the tier list relative to Zelda is solely dependent on his matchup vs. Zelda . . .
tencharacters

Gee I'm so hungry atm, I could eat an octoroc.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aw we missed out on the fun. Somebody needs to make a new thread.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
To Ed:

So apparently the new MU chart is gonna have writeups! Should we be super hyped about this!? And is it coming out anytime soon? :3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
This is all I got.

Matchup writeups even for somebody like Zelda!?
She had players that were discussing for her, I would assume so. Even so the other character on the other side of the MU would be able to make a writeup.

The only problem I could see with this chart is probably bias in some sorts, like the posts before are stating, but I think it's alot more accurate then it's previous one.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
*serious face* Jigglypuff is -1 Zelda. Rollout all day and it completely destroys her.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Yo Zeldas I'm thinking of picking up Sheik/Zelda again. If you didn't know, I used to main Zelda and I helped discover Love Jump with this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk97cjCxylg My old tag was goodkid, but I wanted something a little more mature so people would take me serious so that's where my new tag came from. I also did the Farore's Boost, but I think it's just a quick b-reversal before up-b now.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^I dunno you but it's the guy who discovered Love Jump!? I'm honoured and welcome back!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yo Zeldas I'm thinking of picking up Sheik/Zelda again. If you didn't know, I used to main Zelda and I helped discover Love Jump with this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk97cjCxylg My old tag was goodkid, but I wanted something a little more mature so people would take me serious so that's where my new tag came from. I also did the Farore's Boost, but I think it's just a quick b-reversal before up-b now.
welcome! [we all] hope you stick around.

also i don't know what to do with this thread. it had nice discussion but seems to have gone off topic.

in what ways can zelda's metagame be improved?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447

also i don't know what to do with this thread. it had nice discussion but seems to have gone off topic.

In case you're like me and never check your messages: I replied to your PM.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

If you feel as though the thread has run it's course why don't you lock it ? You're the mod around these parts right?

As for Zelda's metagame improvement I believe that being extremely proficient with Nair will be the best thing for Zelda's metagame. Being able to consistently get whatever move you want out of it. As well as more Uthrow shennigans and being really strong put your opponent in bad situations that Zelda can capitalize on.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm sorry, did you just say uthrow shenanigans will be one of the best things for Zelda's metagame? x.o

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I'm sorry, did you just say uthrow shenanigans will be one of the best things for Zelda's metagame? x.o
Yeah, Kaylo I don't mean the stuff that was posted in the one of the old threads. What I mean is putting your opponent into a bad position and while putting Zelda in a good position. I called it shenanigans because it's going to take a hard read for Zelda to benefit from it thus me calling them shenanigans. I truly believe though to improve Zelda's potential you must maximize your advantages & options while at the same time limiting your opponents and still be able to mask Zelda's weakness.

Ice Prince

Smash Cadet
^Din's Fire IS quite predictable, and I've learned this with maybe a month's worth of Zelda time.

Being a newcomer to Smash in general, you pick up on that pretty quickly if Zelda is what you consider as your "main". It's a mixed bag--more times than not, it's easy to predict when it's going to come out. If there's character clutter/distance, and sometimes for item effect (blowing up bombs, etc).

Stage placement is key, and your opponent can see it inching towards them a mile away, especially if it's a greater distance placement. It's not a reliable close up tool either, as it can easily be guarded (and you'll more than likely get Smash'd in the face beforehand). It's an effective tool, but it's one you have to try and be tricky with.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow what is with all these new Zelda board posters lately! Time for the Zelda board revival!? Welcome to the Zelda boards Ice Prince!

Only redeeming qualities for Din's is that it must be reacted to each time (or take tons of damage) and it's good offstage pressure. I suppose it can stop many incoming projectiles too.

Ice Prince

Smash Cadet
Well thank you Courier. :)

Btw, I like your playstyle--quite similar to how I (and I'm sure many others) try to approach Zelda. Nice vids boo. :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha thanks. I'm still relatively new to Brawl and always trying to improve (atm. DI and reads) and refine my playstyle. :)

Ice Prince

Smash Cadet
Indeed--same here.

My Zelda game seems solid enough as of now--I'm still learning Sheik as well. One main problem I seem to have with Sheik is that after guarding placement, I find it difficult to smash in comparison to Zelda. I like Zelda's guard spacing much more than I do Sheik. On the other hand, it's easier to box a character in with Sheik when you play a bit more aggressively. Needle timing and timed rushes make for a fun time, but I'm going to need to watch some vids for good Sheik stuff.

I just really like how Zelda plays in comparison to Sheik. Zelda seems to zone really well, and it's easy to cause some headaches if she's got some distance for Din's Fire barrage. Her guard placements make using ^Smash easy enough, followed with some hop kicks. Whereas with Sheik, I've always seen her primarily as a hit and run character with good spacing tools.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ah.. Sheik. Kinda the opposite of Zelda making her (?) difficult to learn. I was a little skeptical, but learning Sheik wass definitely worthwhile although I use her less and less now. I prefer using Peach rather than Sheik when needed (generally Olimar, and sometimes Diddy if I need to mix things up) but having Sheik at your disposal at any time during a game is quite an asset.

I find that Sheik excels as a punisher. She is so quick that any minute mistake can be fatal. I think the number one thing that people want to learn is the DACUS. Very difficult to learn if you do attempt it. I'm somewhat decent at it now, but it took a month of practising. First two weeks yielded no results for me whatsoever, but it was worth it... DACUS is incredibly helpful to Sheik. It is quite a bother for me to brush up on DACUS once in a while... I seem to lose it if I don't practise it for a couple weeks.

I also prefer using Zelda over Sheik like you... her playstyle is just more fun to me (although I wonder why because it is rather... simple and bland).

As for Sheik videos, there aren't too much of those around. You can try the video thread in the Sheik boards. Definitely watch Ed's vids... they're very inspirational especially for Sheilda players since he plays both!

I don't think the Sheik boards are that great though... the people there seem... kind of distant and not very willing to help newer players. There was this one time a newbie asked for help, and one guy told him that not only was the video a waste of time but he was terrible and should drop Sheik... >_>

They could really use a guide to Sheik too. All my Sheik experience came from CPUs and then I brought her out one day in offline games only to be told my Sheik was already much better than my Zelda.

(it's really late and I hope w/e I typed up makes sense lol)

Ice Prince

Smash Cadet
Haha it did indeed! I've got CPU exp, and some friends and I play occasionally. I get a good mix of character vs experience there as well (Lucas, Donkey Kong, Lucario, Fox, Falco, Ike, Captain Falcon are the typical ones I see). I definitely prefer Zelda when it's a 4 way battle, then when it drops down to 1 vs 1, that's typically when I like to bring Sheik out.

Main reason is that I find Zelda the better option for a melee brawl. She's excellent at keep away, especially if it's a large stage. Then with Sheik, I'm usually able to outpace and needle barrage until I see a good opening to punish. I also find that in 4 way melee, her charged attacks seem to leave her vulnerable when you've got 2 others around just waiting to smack you. I'm just better suited with her for 1 on 1 I suppose.

You are correct though--she's very easy to punish with, especially if your opponent misses a charged Smash.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
most of my offline play tends to be FFA. its why im usually Zelda as its hard to group control more than one person as Sheik. i'm trying to work at my Sheik game though, i've even figured out how Dacus works on my controller...now i just have to get my fingers to remember how to do it from standstill and shield rather than buffer run.

Ice Prince

Smash Cadet
^Agreed--Sheik isn't so much fun on crowd control. Seems like everytime I start to get some momentum, I get intercepted and more than likely smashed out if I've got 100% damage or more. Zelda is definitely easier for crowd control. I really wish Sheik's teleport worked more like Zelda's as well. I mean, she can tether with chain, but still. That teleport puts me in some horrid spots sometimes, simply because I'm thinking I'll end up further spaced, or higher up, etc (since I'm primarily with Zelda). DACUS training is tedious--I'm starting to get the hang of it more. I guess I should be thankful that I'm usually alright with just a buffer run for it since I tend to be a bit more cautious and do hit and run with Sheik until it's just 1 on 1. I'm usually able to beast pretty well when it's just one on one with needle spam and guard spacing follow ups.

I know I get barked at when I start doing Din's Fire spam in the corner on everybody haha. I'm like well--she's bottom tier, so step ya game up then! :p

Top Bottom