• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dimensional Jester: Dimentio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Dimentio
The insane magical dimensional villain in Super Paper Mario.

Warning to anyone who hasn't played Super Paper Mario for whatever reason: spoilers imminent!

===Background Information===

Dimentio is an important antagonist in the plot of the third Paper Mario installment (regarded as a sequel to the series by some), Super Paper Mario. He is a master of magic, especially dimensionally based. His name is a pun on "dementia", implying his state of apparent insanity, and "dimension", referring to his mastery on the dimensional arts. After the player defeats what they think is the main baddie of the game, Dimentio steps in and steals the spotlight. Throughout the game, he's helped you subtly with his magic. At one point, he even kills your entire team effortlessly. It is said he is a descendant of the ancients, and is possibly the one who wrote the prophecy that would end all worlds. He would make a good addition as a Mario franchise antagonist, and a Paper Mario representative (whether he gets a 3D revamp in the game, or is as flat as Game and Watch!)

===Helpful Videos===

Dimentio Battles from SPM:
Battle 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd_SD-iY4Cs
Battle 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mz9nAxadHc
Final Boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etAgUQc1A0I

===Super Smash Brothers===

Dimentio, although an unpopular choice for the fray, could be very fun to play as.

Weight: Light. He's a jester, remember? There aren't heavy jesters. Especially not made of paper.
Speed: Moderate. Not fast, not slow.

[COLLAPSE="Special Moveset"]
Neutral Special: Jester Ball - Dimentio raises his finger in the air and swirls it around, charging a ball of magic. The shot charges while the button is held, and is shot forwards when released. Decent knockback, low damage. Seen frequently in Dimentio's battles with the heroes.

Up Special: Dimensional Elevation - Dimentio flips dimensions, then flips back, a bit higher than he was before. Anyone who touches him when he flips dimensions is damaged. Think Zelda's or Mewtwo's recovery. Dimentio isn't completely untouchable in the transition between flip and unflip, though. Explosions, final smashes, fire, and some projectiles can hurt him, canceling his recovery (for balancing reasons).

Side Special: Jester Glide - Dimentio moves swiftly in one direction. He gain's an afterimage during the effect of this special. Seen as his main way to move around during battles if he decides not to flip dimensions. (For instance, 1:21 in the first battle video). Mobility is this move's main purpose. Anyone caught up in this move is damaged with little knockback. He can be attacked during this move.

Down Special: Dimensional Flip - Dimentio quickly flips between dimensions (flips and unflips in less than half a second). If he's touching anyone when he flips, they will be damaged with above-average knockback. Just another creative use of his dimensional abilities.

Disclaimer: I'm not very good at coming up with movesets!
[/COLLAPSE]

I'll edit this when I get more ideas. I hope this doesn't seem too silly.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
It doesnt sound silly. The moves you listed are good as well. Im a big Dimentio fan lol. Though Nintendo stated they may not add that many new characters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Must be silly, this topic seems widely ignored... a trait I've carried from forum to forum I suppose.

Just posting something that's on my wishlist is all~

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I absolutely loved SPM and Dimentio was one of the best things in the game.

That said(party pooper time!), I'm not sure how much of a chance he has as a character. The Paper Mario series in general does need more representation, though. Maybe hed could be an assist trophy or a boss in Adventure Mode?

Ajsp3

Smash Rookie
I absolutely think that Dimentio should be in Smash 4. I like your moveset and his final smash should be super dimentio. That would make me one of the biggest dimentio fan EVER!

:phone:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I always though O'Chunks would be a better character... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom