• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The C-stick in 1P mode

Sir Nels the Slayer

Smash Cadet
I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but it has been bugging me for the few days I've had Super Smash Bros. Melee (and my own console).

Why is it that the C-stick (the yellow one) does nothing in 1-player mode? It does smash attacks and aerial attacks in Multiplayer mode just fine. Is this intended? If not, how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance to all non-profane or insulting repsonses.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
The origional idea behind the C-buttons on the N64, and by extension the C-stick in the GC, was for camera control. In the 1-player mode it does do something - you can zoom in and out. Big woop, I know.

Multiple people controlling the camera has obvious problems, so they had to give it another use, which ends up being super-awesome.

Grey Fox

Smash Journeyman
The yellow c stick is for noobs!

Oh yeah before that line gets blown way out of proportion b/c of all u noobs i was joking.

capncone

Smash Apprentice
I hate that you can't use it . I always die because I press it over and over and can't figure out why it's not doing anything, then I remember.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
It sucks because good players can't play their best in single player because C-stick is actually necessary in doing certain things.

Sir Nels the Slayer

Smash Cadet
Yea, I've noticed that without using the C-stick, I can't use any Down air attacks without making my character fastfall. It is very annoying, and generally ends up in me missing AND dying. :(

At least I am not the only one with this trouble. Thank you all.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Yea, I've noticed that without using the C-stick, I can't use any Down air attacks without making my character fastfall. It is very annoying, and generally ends up in me missing AND dying. :(

At least I am not the only one with this trouble. Thank you all.
If you want to dair with the control stick without ff, just make sure you move your fingers fast enough that you are holding the control stick down before you reach the peak of your jump. You can only fastfall from the peak of your jump and after.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still wish that it was possible to neutral air using the C-stick. They could made the C-stick have a button function like the PS2 analog sticks...

ezgy

Smash Rookie
I might be missing something (new to Melee), but isn't there a Gecko code for this? I'll try dig it up

EDIT: I think this is it?

Normal C-Stick Functionality in 1Player Modes (1.02) [Zauron]
0416B480 60000000

Normal C-Stick Functionality in 1Player Modes (1.01) [Zauron, Standardtoaster]
0416B18C 60000000

Normal C-Stick Functionality in 1Player Modes (1.00) [Zauron]
0416AB64 60000000

Normal C-Stick Functionality in 1Player Modes (PAL) [Zauron]
0416BE50 60000000

Last edited:
Top Bottom