• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
There's a weekly doubles event on Saturday now. But the Mothership weeklies don't have doubles.

Last edited:

MassKirbycide

Smash Cadet
I promise my name isn't a reference to a mass genocide of Kirbys! I heard that mentioned on stream again last night; I'm not a monster!!! :crying:

The name was just my old Brawl tag, when I actually mained Kirby and liked to troll my friends all the time with Kirbycides. I liked the name enough to stick with it in Smash 4, even though I switched mains.

Last edited:

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Welp, got 13th at my last weekly. I beat Emuser though so I'll take it. I'll come visit you dudes at ARFI and maybe a weekly before summer is over. Time to go to Houston and get gud.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Houston will make you a better player, but don't get corrupted by their personalities. :gova:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Welp, got 13th at my last weekly. I beat Emuser though so I'll take it. I'll come visit you dudes at ARFI and maybe a weekly before summer is over. Time to go to Houston and get gud.
Sorry to break your Charizard streak mat D: I've just have been placing really badly in prior weeks and I've wanted to redeem myself for a while. Anyways, after Houston, you will be a scary player. Wouldn't be surprised to see your power level go up immensely.

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Sorry to break your Charizard streak mat D: I've just have been placing really badly in prior weeks and I've wanted to redeem myself for a while. Anyways, after Houston, you will be a scary player. Wouldn't be surprised to see your power level go up immensely.
It's all good! Your Mario is really solid. By the time I had adjusted, it was too late :p

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Finally got around to fixing the OP. It's a little plain but it'll do for now I guess.

:gova:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Not much, wishing more people from the Facebook group posted here so I wouldn't have to write walls on Facebook chat.

Emuser012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Emuser012
I honestly didn't know we had our own thread until Shiken told me earlier today. Didn't know you two knew each other outside of the weeklies. Guess this means that the Kirby trio is all here finally :evil:

Last edited:

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Not much, wishing more people from the Facebook group posted here so I wouldn't have to write walls on Facebook chat.

Just do a massive movement, make all the cool announcements and stuff here, and make those poor Facebook people get a Smashboards account.

COUGH RUSTY COUGH

Oracle

Smash Master
LTC3 ANOUNCEMENTS
1. Low Tier City 3 Registration closes in 11 days on July 21st! You NEED to have registered by then or you will not be able to play in any of the smash tournaments! Go to http://letsplaygamingexpo.com/regist…/attendee-registration/ to register. Remember, there is a 256 man cap on each game, so if you don't register in time, you might not get your spot!

2. WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS! You must be available from Friday, July 31st-Sunday, August 2nd. You will be able to enter one event, and are expected to help run pools and brackets the rest of the time, and you will receive free venue and will be able to enter any 1 event. Fill out the application here if you're interested: http://goo.gl/forms/e49gvHltlw

3. SMASH 4 PLAYERS: Game and Watch and Sheik are banned on the same team at Evo for doubles, As such, this team composition will not be allowed at LTC3. Both sheik and mr. game and watch are both legal, but cannot be played on the same team.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/607391816030436/614589268644024/

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Gova said he was getting a little lonely on the Austin thread, so let's ramp up the activity, people!

MassKirbycide

Smash Cadet
Great tournament tonight! As much as I love custom Mega Man, I think I can get used to the custom-less life. The games tonight felt weirdly more engaging without having to think about whether or not I was familiar with my opponents' moves. Still not 100% sure of how I feel, but I might be more down for no-customs tournaments than I first thought.

Shoutouts to Grandi, DozingLeaf, and Locuan for some hella good sets. The margin between 17th and 5th was razor thin! Also, sorry Alex. :4kirby:

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Man 3 out 5 of my matches were against Mario. That is some bull****.

I miss customs, people shouldn't be able to get away with spamming aerials for no reason.

Last edited:

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Did your friend find his phone?
Yeah, he did. Thanks for helping out.

The tournament was really fun last night, but I got horrible luck in bracket, first Rusty, then Tru. I almost beat Tru because customs were banned, took it to game 3 with a 160% deficit, still won lol. I got Palu-naired after a dthrow off the edge and I didn't expect it to throw me towards the stage, and I suck at teching on stage. I lost :( Was really fun but 49th was nothing to be proud of.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Gova, I've been worrying to much if I actually said what you told me yesterday... Like it's completely contrary to what I think and if I did say it; I don't know why. :(

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Gova, I've been worrying to much if I actually said what you told me yesterday... Like it's completely contrary to what I think and if I did say it; I don't know why. :(
Don't worry about it. It could have been that I misheard too. Regardless, it's not a big deal and it doesn't bother me. I was just making a joke .

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
So are customs permanently going away? Or is it until the next big tourney incorporates customs again?

Top Bottom