• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
that comparison made no sense. melee has an infinitely higher player base than brawl, and league is insanely popular compared to dota which you have to be korean to even have a chance of being good at (it being harder to play was accurate).

League is super simple to get into and if you've never played a moba you should play it over dota or you'll just hate yourself.

also that prize pool isn't gonna matter much when about 98% of the dota community isn't even good enough to play for it
That last sentence made no sense by the way... and I was comparing it to melee and brawl from a competitive standpoint, and went into detail about player base. Go lurk somewhere else...

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Definitely give dota2 a try... yknow, if you hate cohesive gameplay and one of the worst UIs ever created ;)

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Just give them both a try and see which one you like. It's hard to get opinions from each game considering both communities hate each other. Not going to give in to the flame war.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Give in.

Joel, out of dota and Lol, which one is Sith and which are Jedi? This is really important because it will help me decide. I make all my life decisions this way.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
But you said league is like brawl in having a larger player base while brawl has about a 10 person player base now compared to everyone moving back to melee. That last sentence makes sense because that pot isn't going to attract more players because it won't be possible for them to compete for it, at least no one will be getting into it now at this moment for a chance at it. Never once did I even say dota sucks btw or that league is better, just that league is way easier to get into and is a much preferred moba to get into so you can get into the basics of one, dota will just **** on you if you don't know what you're doing.

I get the feeling you don't like me, you're never happy to see me post anywhere.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
The post about flame war was regarding to Shiken, and I already agreed Lol had a bigger player base, so I don't know why that keeps getting brought up... I also don't live under a rock. I can see that melee is crushing brawl in tourney attendances. The pot being that big brings up recognition for the game for people who don't know what Dota2 is and to those who want to try it out. Hell, I'm pretty sure it will get national recognition. 10mil for a video game being played is a pretty big deal considering something like this has never happened in esports history. Lol does a good job at marketing the game, while dota 2 suffers. The international and the documentary helps with that which in turn attracts new players. Last but not least, I have no beef with you. Plus this is the first time I've posted in quite some time.

@ M Mike2 watch the documentary Free to Play I'm pretty sure you can find it somewhere or dl it on steam. And the king of smash plays Dota2. Come on bro, get with the program.

The Dread King

Smash Cadet
Austin! Hellooo, ladies [;

Anybody a Snake player from SA called Big Boss? Yeah, that's me. How's everyone doin'?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
How often do you guys play? I might be relocating to Austin so it would be awesome to be around active Brawl players.

Mike2

Smash Ace
How often do you guys play? I might be relocating to Austin so it would be awesome to be around active Brawl players.
We don't play at all right now.

Dbz battle of gods(English) is coming to Alamo Drafthouse in August. I got my tickets. Anybody else going?

ZestE

Smash Cadet
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to the competitive scene, but I'm really eager to get into it and actually practice playing other people and not derp-ass level 9s. I started brawl competitive and I main Falco, pikachu, and peach in Brawl. I'm currently getting into P:M and melee competitive as well, Project M more so than melee. I main Mario and Toon Link in P:M and Sheik, Marth, and CFalc in Melee (real garbage at them though).

Is there an Austin Smash group message somewhere where we can ask people to hang out and smash out on some weekends?

Thanks guys, sorry eye iz n0obz.
ZestE

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hey Mike2 - I posted here a little while ago about getting involved with the Austin community but didn't get much of a response. If you have any information about upcoming events (although you just said nobody really played here right now), I'd appreciate if you got in touch.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I can host smashfests again when I move into my apartment after July 22nd. I don't know where everyone is but it's close to campus on 21 and Pearl Street.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I can host smashfests again when I move into my apartment after July 22nd. I don't know where everyone is but it's close to campus on 21 and Pearl Street.
I'm moving into a new place too, probably about 2 days after you! I'll definitely be there if you need people, are you guys playing Melee or P:M or Brawl?

Last edited:

Mike2

Smash Ace
I remember. After all, you're the only other person who plays Snake and you're good haha.

How'd you get so good? Did you play wifi?

Last edited:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Soooo... smash tournies every Thursday at this place that has mtg/board games etc. Just found out about it because a friend of mine is getting sponsored by them. Place is called Mage's Sanctum.
http://www.magessanctum.com/
awww nvm, i called and it is mostly pm and melee.

Last edited:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Yooooo, right by my house?? Looks like everything's coming up Mike2.

I'll swing by tomorrow and see if they need tvs. Not that I can bring a tv since I gave it to my sister.. Panty, you planning on driving up for those? Also, did your friend tell you how many people usually play in tournaments?

EDIT* Ohhh. I may still show up....

Last edited:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
He was like yeah it's mostly competitive smash and not vanilla brawl. lol didn't get into competitive gaming until aging into a teenager. was maining G&W and getting ***** by sheiks and space animals during my melee career. If only I knew what melee would become.

Top Bottom