• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Animated Amphibian; Flipnote Frog for Sm4sh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
The Flipnote Frog Support Thread

Now, wait a minute. What the heck is a "Flipnote Frog"?

The Flipnote Frog is an orange, 8-bit frog used as the mascot for the popular DSi and 3DS apps called Flipnote Studio and Flipnote Studio 3D, respectively. He appeared during the tutorial, while the app is loading something, and on the button on the touch screen that opened the menu.
Oh, okay, cool. But why does this...THING deserve to be in Smash Bros.?
The Flipnote Frog deserves to be in Smash for a couple of reasons. First, and probably most apparent, Flipnote Studio is very popular app when it was released, with millions of people worldwide using it, possibly even more! Also, even though it hasn't been released outside of Japan (much to everyone's dismay), Flipnote Studio 3D is already becoming very popular as well. Secondly, The Flipnote Frog actually has pretty great moveset potential, being able to use various moves based off of the app itself. And lastly, The Frog would be a good way of representing the oft-forgotten DSi system.

Movesets
[collapse="StaffofSmashing's Movest"]
N-Special: Animated Tongue

Flipnote Frog slurps out his tongue. it is a very fast attack and it slaps such as Peach's Jab. It's effect is that the longer you hold it, the longer the tongue goes. 6%

S-Special: Note Scatter

A random stack of notes appears in front of the frog, and he jumps into it, scattering them everywhere. 1% each, no flinch.

D-Special: Paper Dome Shield

Flipnote Frog attaches a stylus to his tongue and draws a dome shield of paper around himself. The dome shield can only hold 10% and goes everywhere with Froggy man.

U-Special: Note Tower

The cover of Flipnote is a stack of notes, so a stack appears under the frog and it shoots Flipnote Frog up, going about 10 Bowsers horizontally and vertically.

[/collapse]

Alright, I'm convinced now. Flipnote Frog is the best character EVER!!!
Glad to Know. Shall I add you to the supporter list?
Heck Yeah!
[collapse="Frog Supporters"]
McDuckletts, Brawler610, Elite Gaymer, BluePikmin11, andalsoandy, Xxuxon, Tybis, Mega Dunsparse, Headcrab Jackalope, Keybladeguy, Tornado_Man, Cobalsh, Solbliminal, CrossoverMan, Brickbuild101, Vegito2727, StaffofSmashing[/collapse]

Discuss!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

LOL
I think that someone already made a thread for the Flipnote Frog. :p Anyways, I'll support this.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I support this, if not only because of the fond memories I have of making some really funny random flipnotes, but also the idea is just cool in general. :)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Having a frog-like character would be awesome, and Flipnote was fun while it lasted, so support! Also, the 3DS Flipnote is coming to America.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Having a frog-like character would be awesome, and Flipnote was fun while it lasted, so support! Also, the 3DS Flipnote is coming to America.
You have been added! Also, I am aware that it's coming to the west, but it was originally going to release in August of last year.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
This certainly is a unique suggestion. This has my support.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I support! His neutral aerial has to be the loading/connecting animate. And what if the animated sequence in his trailer was made with Flipnote Studio itself!?

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
An idea for a Flipnote Studio Assist Trophy: The red running kicking guy from that one sample Flipnote that went viral. He runs two steps forward, and does a jumping kick that spikes (To reference the other guy that he knocks down).

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768

Flipnote Frog slurps out his tongue. it is a very fast attack and it slaps such as Peach's Jab. It's effect is that the longer you hold it, the longer the tongue goes. 6%

A random stack of notes appears in front of the frog, and he jumps into it, scattering them everywhere. 1% each, no flinch.

Flipnote Frog attaches a stylus to his tongue and draws a dome shield of paper around himself. The dome shield can only hold 10% and goes everywhere with Froggy man.

The cover of Flipnote is a stack of notes, so a stack appears under the frog and it shoots Flipnote Frog up, going about 10 Bowsers horizontally and vertically.

SUPPORT!

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
An idea for a Flipnote Studio Assist Trophy: The red running kicking guy from that one sample Flipnote that went viral. He runs two steps forward, and does a jumping kick that spikes (To reference the other guy that he knocks down).
I was thinking about that, actually. Would be a pretty great assist trophy!

SUPPORT!
Awesome moveset, dude! That's going straight to the OP!

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Holy ****, what if this is the last WTF character all the leaks are talking about?

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Flipnote Frog confirmed.

Really though, I'm hoping we get a Flipnote stage, though it's unlikely now that Flipnote is gone and Miiverse is the new thing out there. Here's to hoping for a trophy/sticker cameo.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Holy ****, what if this is the last WTF character all the leaks are talking about?

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Flipnote Frog confirmed.

Really though, I'm hoping we get a Flipnote stage, though it's unlikely now that Flipnote is gone and Miiverse is the new thing out there. Here's to hoping for a trophy/sticker cameo.
Flipnote isn't gone, it's just Japan exclusive, because we can't have nice things. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom