• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
What controllers can you use to play 20XX? Is it only GameCube controllers?
You can use anything that plugs into a computer, but GC controllers have always been the most optimal.

Light shielding is actually nearly impossible without the GC triggers, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Citris

Smash Rookie
Question... I had homebrew, nintendont, and 20xx 3.02 on my Wii. I then removed my files from my SD card, and added on the new nintendont and 20xx 4.05 files. However, when I put it back in my wii and go to homebrew, nothing loads on homebrew. It stays on the main blank bubble screen. Any help here?

Triclops200

Smash Rookie
xdelta method:

Instructions for building the ISO in Windows, Linux, and Mac are included in the download.

Remember to please specify which build you're using if submitting a bug. And the more detailed steps you can provide for reproducing it, the better.

I would say Achilles' most recent guide.
I don't know if it's been reported yet, but the linux script does not work for a couple of reasons.
1.) The line endings of \r bug out on linux (at least on zsh)
2.) There was a bug with a missing $ in front of a couple of {} in some strings

I've gone ahead and fixed it and uploaded it here http://pastebin.com/RwipiJ2w

DRGN

Technowizard
I don't know if it's been reported yet, but the linux script does not work for a couple of reasons.
1.) The line endings of \r bug out on linux (at least on zsh)
2.) There was a bug with a missing $ in front of a couple of {} in some strings

I've gone ahead and fixed it and uploaded it here http://pastebin.com/RwipiJ2w
Oh, sweet. Thanks.

Yeah, it's a known issue. A few people have reported it, but no one (including myself) had stopped to fix it yet (linux gets too little love).

I was planning on fixing it when 4.06 comes out. But since this is here now, for now I'll add a link to your post in mine so it'll be easy to find.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Question... I had homebrew, nintendont, and 20xx 3.02 on my Wii. I then removed my files from my SD card, and added on the new nintendont and 20xx 4.05 files. However, when I put it back in my wii and go to homebrew, nothing loads on homebrew. It stays on the main blank bubble screen. Any help here?
In the Nintendont folder, rename loader.dol to boot.dol

Untouchable

Smash Rookie
I have a problem that I can't find the solution to. I've been wanting to use the P2 action spam code, but I haven't been able to get it to work. I'm using 3.02. I tried it originally with nintendont on my Wii, but the character either flashes red, black, or just stays tinted for all of eternity without starting to spam the action I chose. Then I figured that somehow the file got mildly corrupted somehow or something, so I decided to try it on Dolphin on my PC (version 4.0-7840). Same problem, so I thought maybe I screwed up when I built the ISO, so I rebuilt the ISO, following the instructions to the letter, and it still doesn't work. I've used many of the other in game code toggles, and every one that I've tried except action spam works just fine. So as far as I can tell, it's only P2 action spam that isn't working, and I have no idea why. I thought that maybe it doesn't work if the 2nd player is CPU, so I tried changing it to a player, and still nothing. This is driving me crazy. Anyone know how to fix it?

iStrobez

Smash Rookie
The audio hps files in the root folder seem to have changed filenames from vanilla 1.02. Is there any way I could find a list of what the file names are for stage music? I'm trying to replace some of the music.

Update: I already figured it out. I had to use the debug menu to find the filename for the music I wanted to replace.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I have a problem that I can't find the solution to. I've been wanting to use the P2 action spam code, but I haven't been able to get it to work. I'm using 3.02. I tried it originally with nintendont on my Wii, but the character either flashes red, black, or just stays tinted for all of eternity without starting to spam the action I chose. Then I figured that somehow the file got mildly corrupted somehow or something, so I decided to try it on Dolphin on my PC (version 4.0-7840). Same problem, so I thought maybe I screwed up when I built the ISO, so I rebuilt the ISO, following the instructions to the letter, and it still doesn't work. I've used many of the other in game code toggles, and every one that I've tried except action spam works just fine. So as far as I can tell, it's only P2 action spam that isn't working, and I have no idea why. I thought that maybe it doesn't work if the 2nd player is CPU, so I tried changing it to a player, and still nothing. This is driving me crazy. Anyone know how to fix it?
You have to hold the input until CPU spams it.

<Chewy>

Smash Rookie
NNID
gamisawesome
I'm sorry, one last question. Let's say I want to get 20XX on my Homebrewed Wii. Do I need to download a copy of melee and 20XX?

YanPerez97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-8240-0200
Switch FC
6728-0518-5684
I'm sorry, one last question. Let's say I want to get 20XX on my Homebrewed Wii. Do I need to download a copy of melee and 20XX?
Just unzip the melee and download the 20XX, extras after all that has 20XX to melee and rebuild again.

I'm sorry, I speak spanish *google translator*

Last edited:

Chulip

Smash Rookie
At least it isn't vanilla Melee or PM. Those AIs were terrible.

The new AI isn't perfect, but no one is, within reason. Getting daired offstage by a CPU is both a "wow" and an "oh ****" at the same time.

And oh, Jigglypuff…rests…and never misses. :pow:

I just wish a few of the outstanding flaws were fixed:
  • Kirby must never use Stone. Ever.
  • Ness should learn to use PKT2 to recover. He should attempt to hold back and do it at an angle if he can. And more DJC bairs/dairs.
  • Jiggs should do less ground, more air. More Wall of Pain.
  • Pika and Pichu still doesn't know how to use Quick Attack. I want to see some stunts with that, because he still goes up then angled, not always to the ledge.
  • CPUs should also defend their recovery, but make sure Ness and Yoshi don't waste their jump. And Kirby should usually fair on each jump.
I also think that in the future, we could see, for the low tiers that have players, have their AI modeled loosely after that. Examples:
  • Triple R's Kirby (watch him, he is amazing)
  • HBox's Ness
  • M2K/Mango's Pichu
  • Axe's Pika
  • Green Ranger's DK
  • DJ Nintendo's Bowser
  • aMSa's Yoshi
  • Armada's YL
  • Shroomed's (and others') Doc
  • M2K's Mewtwo (or pretty much any character he plays)

Also, if there is any way to change the debug menu font textures, I will be happy to provide PNGs.
I think instead of Hbox's Ness using Mofo's would be a better idea

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Are there any xDelta patches out there for previous versions? I would use 4.05 but the action toggles are gone and Hold Shield was very useful.

Kksweet

Smash Rookie
isthere a way to disable the smart AI so i can practice hitlag stuff on a .5 damage ratio bowser?

og stacks

Smash Rookie
I have two questions how did the background for each L and R alt skins change color in the CSS how can I change the color so it can match new skins I added and how can I make the CSS doors have textures on both sides like the default 20XX CSS doors

easyaspi314

Smash Rookie
Hey, for next release, could we have Fox/Falco's series icon be a shine, like in Silly Melee?

Shiftyy

Smash Cadet
Currently experiencing what I think is a glitch on 20XX 4.02. Falcon is attached to Marth's feet and can't move, unless Marth does, which Falcon will fly around wherever marth goes. Falcon AI is still actionable, but hitstun does not release him, nor does dying. Action codes are on, I was just practicing punishes on FD. What is this?

Anjo_Smash

Smash Rookie
I can not get the AI to calm down. I try changing it from normal to something else and it just keeps on doing crazy tech and rushing me down. AM I doing something wrong?

Shiftyy

Smash Cadet
I can not get the AI to calm down. I try changing it from normal to something else and it just keeps on doing crazy tech and rushing me down. AM I doing something wrong?
change it to alt normal, that'll do it. Also Stay works too, they'll still DI and recover but do nothing on stage. Alt normal is just vanilla melee AI with whatever DI/tech options you have it set to

Killgore52

Smash Rookie
Has anyone added marth's sword swing colors in 4.05? and has anyone fixed the texture menu for stages so you can change the other tournament stages textures instead of only battlefield?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Two problems:
1) For some reason my music files are messed up and I have no idea why. Sometimes the game will be playing music and the song it's playing will repeat a certain part over and over again, after it does this for a while it makes weird "pumping" sounds, I can't really describe it. After this the music will just stop. Any ideas on why this is happening?
2) Whenever I try to change CSS colors on the debug menu the colors just change to black. Also, if I try to click on the "View Color" thing it doesn't do anything.
Thanks in advance!!

Top Bottom