• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

D

Deleted member 337186

well i'm trying to get my 4.05 to work like my 3.02 but its not and its very aggravating being that i haven't gotten a clue toward what to do to solve my problem, i mine as well be trying to give myself head... cuz that'll never happen, i can't reach... i've tried... many times....

and on the other thing, i was just telling achilles about a bug that needs to be fixed with the AI.... just so happens to be a true story... (message to others, wear a raincoat when playing in the fields lol jk i'm clean =P )
he was referring to you scratching your balls in the middle of the match.

at least pause the game man... -_-

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Guys,

Next time you play Melee on Dolphin or console, please enable this code:

Code:
Zero Unallocated Test

C216CF38 0000000C
3CA08048 80A59D60
2C050000 40820048
3C608043 80632024
80830008 80A3000C
80C50000 2C060000
4182000C 7CC53378
4BFFFFF0 80C50004
80E50008 7C663A14
7C832050 3CA08000
60A5C160 7CA803A6
4E800021 BB61001C
60000000 00000000
As the name suggests, it involves zeroing out potentially unallocated RAM space at the beginning of a match. Just enable it and play matches like you normally would - nothing at all should be different to the user. I need to make sure this is safe before doing anything with it. Let me know if it ever causes a freeze or something right after a stage is loaded (and also let me know if it doesn't freeze over a play session).

Last edited:

GhostBandicoot

Smash Rookie
I realize you're trying to help, which I relate to and appreciate, but you're being incredibly misleading, as far more constructive answers to this exact same question been provided a few times previously in this thread, which neither you nor the person you're answering seem to have read. Also, your second link refers to in-game cpu toggles via L/R and the dpad (a feature of 3.02 based upon vanilla debug mode's debug information toggles) which is different than what was being asked.
---

Yeah., just doing what I can, I don't quite see the misleading part, I was just quoting. If you mean I was implying that they will be added in later, the quote does say "yet", so that seems to imply it itself. I can't see how else I would be misleading. Let me know how I am being such, please. I tend not to be the most sociable person as of late, so I suppose its not that unlikely that I would be.

As well, although far more constructive answers than mine are probably in this thread, how could you expect us to read it? I'm very new to smashboards for one thing, this thread is 140some pages long and growing, and even skimming as you suggest doesn't cover everything (and in fact, I have skimmed most of this thread). The human brain has limitations, you know. And emotions tend to just complicate these sorts of matters even more, as mine are getting to me right now.

On a completely different note, if anyone wants to help me replace textures that Im having problems with that I wrote of in one of my posts, that would be lovely. If the problem needs restating, one only needs to ask and i'd be happy to.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Let me know if I shouldn't post this here but I found a small bug in v. 4.05--in the character select screen, when switching from a palette swapped (with L button) Peach (the original color to white iirc) and then moving and clicking to play yoshi instead, but then deciding to switch back to peach, and deciding to switch colors, as I tried to change colors with x and y, it changed from the peach image in the selected character rectangle at the bottom, to yoshi! And I couldn't figure out how to get it back to normal, so, in fear of it saving the game that way (i lack knowledge of how that all works tbh), I exited out via closing the window of the game. Reloading it, it was back to normal. Unfortunately I can't remember if I palette swapped yoshi or even switched his regular colors, I can't remember but again iirc, i didn't switch with the L button and maybe with x and y.
You must have activated the Female Wire Frame by accident (press the Z Button while highlighting Peach). Wire Frames don't have colors, so they switch to Yoshi's portrait instead (DON'T START A MATCH!). Exit the CSS, deactivate the Wire Frame, adn try again.

D

Deleted member 337186

Yeah., just doing what I can, I don't quite see the misleading part, I was just quoting. If you mean I was implying that they will be added in later, the quote does say "yet", so that seems to imply it itself. I can't see how else I would be misleading. Let me know how I am being such, please. I tend not to be the most sociable person as of late, so I suppose its not that unlikely that I would be.

As well, although far more constructive answers than mine are probably in this thread, how could you expect us to read it? I'm very new to smashboards for one thing, this thread is 140some pages long and growing, and even skimming as you suggest doesn't cover everything (and in fact, I have skimmed most of this thread). The human brain has limitations, you know. And emotions tend to just complicate these sorts of matters even more, as mine are getting to me right now.

On a completely different note, if anyone wants to help me replace textures that Im having problems with that I wrote of in one of my posts, that would be lovely. If the problem needs restating, one only needs to ask and i'd be happy to.
honestly I totally agree with you.
From my experience putting the cpu into STAY (Debug Menu->General Codes->VS Melee Player Flags->select player 2 on the top->change cpu ai type to stay) both has random DI and the configured tech patterns, while being completely docile and inactive otherwise (though it will recover if you knock it off stage, as it does in training mode).
I tested if it was random by falcon punching a STAY fox cpu and watching the di input via debug mode and it seems random and unpredictable. That said, if you notice it isn't random somehow, please post about it, as my sample size was pretty low, and I don't have the ability to break down the di/tech code to see if it's affected by cpu ai type changes, definitively.

However both your post and (the first part of) this post:

seem to be asking a duplicate of:

Which achilles answered here:

and has been requested and answered a few times since. Please (this is more a psa for everyone and not just you guys) at least skim through a few pages of the thread (at least after the 4.05 release post) before posting questions like these since this has come up and has been answered more than once. Nothing is inherently wrong with asking about it without looking, it just displaces other discussions of bugs and features (as well as the answers of what you're looking for) and does yourself a disservice.
---

This can also happen if you change Peach to Female Wireframe then hit X or Y a few times, and has extremely similar behavior to the stock glitch which people have linked before in the thread.
---
Achilles if you're reading this the issue I mentioned about being able to cycle through an endless field of azure yoshis on z-alternate characters (except for sheik) still exists as implied by the previous answer
---

The Fox and Falco CPUs both seem to kill themselves by firefox/firebird-ing off the stage as high as they can, to the left. Other characters jump or airdodge underneath the stage or attempt to recover towards invisible things which do not exist.
---

I realize you're trying to help, which I relate to and appreciate, but you're being incredibly misleading, as far more constructive answers to this exact same question been provided a few times previously in this thread, which neither you nor the person you're answering seem to have read. Also, your second link refers to in-game cpu toggles via L/R and the dpad (a feature of 3.02 based upon vanilla debug mode's debug information toggles) which is different than what was being asked.
---
you literally are being a hypocrite. don't say someone else is misleading when you just went try-hard mode thinking that you explained everything clearly. guess what? nobody gives a ****. also not everyone's been on SmashBoards for their whole life so they didn't memorize the whole ****ing thread.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
honestly I totally agree with you.

you literally are being a hypocrite. don't say someone else is misleading when you just went try-hard mode thinking that you explained everything clearly. guess what? nobody gives a ****. also not everyone's been on SmashBoards for their whole life so they didn't memorize the whole ****ing thread.
J J⩓мє
Guys, we all know it's my fault because the OP is still not updated.
No luck. I get a handful of Invalid ID codes and have to kill the process.
It sounds like you are using the 4.0 Beta, because that was an issue with one of the Beta04 links. When you are on the Debug Main Menu, what version does it say? How did you create the ISO?

hockeymonkey17

Smash Rookie
So i have a unique situation, I don't want to see if anyone has the same issue so here goes.

I can boot up the hack pack fine, all the new backgrounds and title screens are there however all the characters are locked and it's basically vanilla melee. Any help would be appreciated

lucask264

Smash Rookie
does anyone know why whenever i open the debug menu in 20xx 4.05 in dolphin why I receive the error "failed to compile geometry shader" any help appreciated

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Sorry if this has already been asked, but how to I fight a CPU Sheik. Every random toggle a try seems to affect my character. I tried searching the thread for this since 4.05 cane out and came up short.

D

Deleted member 337186

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how to I fight a CPU Sheik. Every random toggle a try seems to affect my character. I tried searching the thread for this since 4.05 cane out and came up short.
press Z when your cursor is hovering over Zelda, and then the name should change to "Sheik". then, move the cpu cursor on Sheik. let me know if you were asking a different question.

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
there's been about one post per day on the same 3 questions. This isn't a 'being on smashboards their whole life' issue in that context.

Please refrain from insulting me on other people's behalf or I will block/ignore you. This is the only time I will respond to you in that context.
---

the thread is 140 pages long, but 4.05 was uploaded on page 142, which means there were about 4 pages wherein people would've asked questions relating to that release. I feel like a forum is less-than-optimal and a rather old-school approach for bug-reporting, tracking, FAQs, and documentation, and that it lends to situations like these. I'm sorry that I've contributed to frustrations with your online experiences and impacted your emotional state negatively.

However, posting multiple replies to the same post, saying either 'use a different version of 20XX' or replying with a quote on in-game cpu toggles (when the question does not pertain to cpu toggles in spite of the naming similarities) is misleading; for the former, there are ways of getting cpus whos behavior are almost exactly like the new cpu in this 20XX, which means compiling an old ISO is unnecessary; for the latter, cpu toggles in that post refer to 20XX 3.02 functionality to change the cpu behavior on the fly while in the middle of a game, though the wording of that quote seems to refer to toggling or configuring the cpu behavior in general, which is why it (the OP post you quoted) is also misleading.

Being misleading isn't really your fault, as it would be in the case of an open deception or negligence; it was tactless and wrong of me to say you and others hadn't read the thread, so for that I'm sorry.
---
J J⩓мє
*shakes fist*

Last edited:

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
Fun melee minigame/training game to play with friends is to go to melee player flags, put all players on stamina mode, with 1 hp, then practice getting hits in neutral with 10 stocks. Last player standing wins.
I've referred to this as 'don't get hit mode' (I'm sure a better name could and should exist, just that this will function as a shorthand for now especially when posting about bugs that come up when playing it-- though, melee fencing comes to mind).

However this led to the discovery of the following bugs when playing this in chess mode. This mini-game lends itself to chess mode due to the satisfaction formed from the combination of landing the hit and the freeze frames advertising it, and the level resetting which gives all players short-term invincibility.
if you grab an opponent and kill them with a pummel or certain throws which inflict damage before the victim is released, the grabbing player retains the ability to act in the chess mode freeze frames that are supposed to follow a stock loss. This would be hilarious and badass if not for the following bug number 2, as players or cpus inevitably jump up and kill another player.
  1. Put one or more characters into stamina mode with any hp via General Codes -> Vs Melee Player Flags (easiest to do with by setting stamina hp to 1)
  2. Go to Chess Mode
  3. Kill a stamina player with a pummel or with certain throws.
  4. ????
  5. Run around as if time is frozen like you're DIO from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, at least until chess mode resets the stage or you kill another player (triggering a form of Bug #2, below).
Note: because the hitbox of the pummel is permanently attached to the player, steps 3-5 are really hard if not impossible to repeat making running around murdering all players with grabs while they're frozen improbable (partially because of bug #2 below). Kudos if you can figure out a way to do it since that'd be cool as hell.
While this might be a bug which persists over to normal mode; I've currently only observed it or tried to reproduce it when messing around with stamina properties. If two players are killed by a player in a single chess cycle, either if by a player retaining actionability and killing someone else (bug #1) or if two or more players lose a stock at the same time (in this case, by taking damage on the same frame) the chess mode soft locks. Pausing, resetting, stage attributes and animations, etc all still work, but the player models are permanently in the chess-mode freeze frames. This might persist given no player flags if two players lost a stock at the same time (the same way sudden death mode occurs in regular melee in a stock match).
  1. Put two or more characters into stamina mode with 1 hp via General Codes -> Vs Melee Player Flags
  2. Go to Chess Mode
  3. Kill 2 or more players at the same time, or kill a player with bug #1 and then kill another player
  4. Make your friends hate you by forcing an L+R+A+START reset. No one will want to play this silly hybrid mode anymore let alone play with you ever again.
  5. ???????
  6. Die alone because a single bug in 20XX 4.05 ruined all your friendships
Note: step 4 is a consequence, steps 5-6 are optional in reproducing this glitch.

Last edited:

loserprance

Smash Rookie
NNID
loserprance
3DS FC
1934-0996-6943
J J⩓мє

It sounds like you are using the 4.0 Beta, because that was an issue with one of the Beta04 links. When you are on the Debug Main Menu, what version does it say? How did you create the ISO?
It's telling me I'm on the .04 Beta, but I'm sure I upgraded to .05 (I used the .bat file method where you drag-and-drop the Melee iso to create the new 20XX iso). I'll re-install, in that case, thanks

TragicGameplay

Smash Cadet
Hey can I get help I might just be dumb but I can not get endless friendlies to work for the life of me any help is appreciated

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
Hey can I get help I might just be dumb but I can not get endless friendlies to work for the life of me any help is appreciated
You're probably not dumb, I haven't been able to get endless friendlies to work other than it endlessly starting up matches purely on the 'regular stages' selection. Basically for me, the random character selection aspect of endless friendlies has never worked.
which is ok when I want to practice spacing on multiple stages against one person playing one main, but if I were to want to use it to play endless friendlies with a group of people it leaves me wanting.

KPPAplays

Smash Cadet
NNID
captgentelmen
3DS FC
9444-2234-2355
Guys my PC is only x64 i can't run xdelta HELP
ALSO if there is a full iso/root that would be much better

Last edited:

TragicGameplay

Smash Cadet
You're probably not dumb, I haven't been able to get endless friendlies to work other than it endlessly starting up matches purely on the 'regular stages' selection. Basically for me, the random character selection aspect of endless friendlies has never worked.
which is ok when I want to practice spacing on multiple stages against one person playing one main, but if I were to want to use it to play endless friendlies with a group of people it leaves me wanting.
For me I turn on endless friendlies and random character and it doesnt work idk if im just doing something wrong but exiting to css and starting doesnt work pressing start in the menu doesnt work I just dont know if im missing something or what

Doq

Smash Lord
Guys my PC is only x64 i can't run xdelta HELP
ALSO if there is a full iso/root that would be much better
Use the root files download in OP.
Extract your ISO.
Overwrite with download.
Rebuild.

Do I have to make one of my workshop famous picture tutorials on how to build an ISO?

Watt

Smash Rookie
Hey man, big thanks to all the work you have done, you earned my $5.

One question. In the old 20xx pack, you could do single player in vs mode by hitting up on the d-pad at the char select screen. Now that input just makes the char metal. Is that feature still in 4.05? It was useful and convenient for tech training.

Thanks.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey man, big thanks to all the work you have done, you earned my $5.

One question. In the old 20xx pack, you could do single player in vs mode by hitting up on the d-pad at the char select screen. Now that input just makes the char metal. Is that feature still in 4.05? It was useful and convenient for tech training.

Thanks.
Time Mode selected. Hold Start.

I really appreciate the support!

Greeni

Smash Rookie
A few questions:

- In the wavedash color overlay menu there's an option named "perfect timing and in window". What does this mean exactly? (I see the CPU do it sometimes, but I can't seem to do it)

- In the same menu there's the "auto-cancel enabled" option, what does this do exactly (It seems to change the color whenever I do an aerial attack)

- And again in the same menu, what does "IASA enabled" mean?

- What does the "alpha (transparency) value" do exactly?

- What is a V-Cancel?

- how do I enable/play modes like "chess" & "dogdeball" etc.?

And last but not least @ achilles: Could you maybe add a "vanilla"-option to cpu behavior?

Sorry for all the noob questions :/ (and inb4, I know what auto-cancel and IASA means, but I still would like to know when the overlay shows up exactly)

Last edited:

TragicGameplay

Smash Cadet
A few questions:

- In the wavedash color overlay menu there's an option named "perfect timing and in window". What does this mean exactly? (I see the CPU do it sometimes, but I can't seem to do it)

- In the same menu there's the "auto-cancel enabled" option, what does this do exactly (It seems to change the color whenever I do an aerial attack)

- And again in the same menu, what does "IASA enabled" mean?

- What does the "alpha (transparency) value" do exactly?

- What is a V-Cancel?

- how do I enable/play modes like "chess" & "dogdeball" etc.?

And last but not least @ achilles: Could you maybe add a "vanilla"-option to cpu behavior?

Sorry for all the noob questions :/ (and inb4, I know what auto-cancel and IASA means, but I still would like to know when the overlay shows up exactly)
you can google each of these individually and draw conclusions from that but ill go over the general overall view. (pewpewuniversity is a great source for tech knowledge)
1. this is if you hit a frame perfect wavedash or not if you dont see it on you you are not wavedashing perfectly
2. auto-cancel is when an aerial can land on the ground and have normal land lag frames
3. IASA is the soonest moment you can interrupt an action even though the animation is not done
4. alpha is how much the color overlay changes on your character for example 10 will barely fade your character that color while 255 (I think is the max) will make your character a solid color
5. V-Cancel is a tech that reduces vertical knock back (really google this one)
6. No clue good luck
I hope this helped :) but like I said this is just a general over view look these up to find more specific info and how to practice with it better.

Greeni

Smash Rookie
you can google each of these individually and draw conclusions from that but ill go over the general overall view. (pewpewuniversity is a great source for tech knowledge)
1. this is if you hit a frame perfect wavedash or not if you dont see it on you you are not wavedashing perfectly
2. auto-cancel is when an aerial can land on the ground and have normal land lag frames
3. IASA is the soonest moment you can interrupt an action even though the animation is not done
4. alpha is how much the color overlay changes on your character for example 10 will barely fade your character that color while 255 (I think is the max) will make your character a solid color
5. V-Cancel is a tech that reduces vertical knock back (really google this one)
6. No clue good luck
I hope this helped :) but like I said this is just a general over view look these up to find more specific info and how to practice with it better.
Ok so let me see if I understand everything correctly:

1. Does this mean I have do dodge into the ground after the first jump-frame? (what does the "in" stand for though?)

2. So this shows me the frames where the move can be auto-canceled?

3. So does this overlay show up from the first IASA-frame to the last?

4. Ok thanks a lot, totally got that, very useful option then.

5. Ok I'm gonny look it up then.

Last edited:

TragicGameplay

Smash Cadet

1. Does this mean I have do dodge into the ground after the first jump-frame? (what does the "in" stand for though?)

2. So this shows me the frames where the move can be auto-canceled?

3. So does this overlay shows up from the first IASA-frame to the last?

4. Ok thanks a lot, totally got that, very useful option then.

5. Ok I'm gonny look it up then.
1. If you are wavedashing then you are x amount of frames late its hard to describe but yea this just shows if you have frame perfect wavedashes (dont know what that means though sorry)

2. Yes I think so

3. Yes I think so

4. You're welcome

but yea seems like you got it good luck in your practice the more you read about this stuff and play with the tools the more you will understand

whims

Smash Apprentice
Yo

I'm probably just an idiot and haven't noticed it yet but in 20XX 4.05 hitting up on the D-Pad activates the metqal texture.
But in previous versions in force loaded the SSS

Is there a way to do this in 4.05 yet?
question has been asked multiple times; set mode to something other than stock and hold start for a couple seconds.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Haven't even used 4.05 that much, and I can already tell it's godlike. The community doesn't deserve someone as creative and dedicated as you. I'm particularly enjoying the custom event matches; the competitive aspect of scores and fastest times really motivates me!

Besides the AI spamming tech skill at ledge, which you're obviously working on, all I could ask for is even more detailed spacie recovery. Sheik gimping practice is absolutely essential for me.

Oh, and put your Paypal donation link in the OP. Took me a while to find it on Reddit.

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
1. If you are wavedashing then you are x amount of frames late its hard to describe but yea this just shows if you have frame perfect wavedashes (dont know what that means though sorry)
1. no it means you do a frame perfect wavedash, which involves inputting airdodge on the last frame of jumpsquat (since melee applies inputs on the next frame). dodging after the first jump-frame is far too late but issues with wavedash timing and input frames are a common misconception in the melee community. Turn on wavedash overlays, go into debug mode, and airdodge on the last frame of jumpsquat to see the overlay activated to show this to yourself.

A few questions:

You can override the cpu behavior by going to general settings, selecting vs player flags for the cpu you want to change (p2 for the cpu on controller port 2), and changing their actions to 'normalish' 'multi-man melee', 'alt normal', or really anything other than 'normal'

Top Bottom