• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

whims

Smash Apprentice
another quick question - are there specifications for maximum song length before looping?

i've also found a multitude of threads for as to create an .hps file; which one would be the best or does it matter?

and a potential bug report (20xx 4.05 on homebrew wii using nintendont). i haven't looked in depth, but i went to the music codes and set ssbpm main menu as the global playlist song (global playlist was set to on and alternate music to off per instruction), exited to the main menu, and about half a second of it played before all music shut off. i just tried it again and it seems to be working so it may have just been a random bug. just something to keep an eye out for i guess

update: entered a match and finished it; upon returning to the css it became simply static. all the sfx were working perfectly, but the sound file was screwing up. entered another match and came back and it started playing again. entered another match came back and it became static again. weird bug

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
xdelta method:

Instructions for building the ISO in Windows, Linux, and Mac are included in the download. HOWEVER; IMPORTANT NOTE: The Linux script requires a small fix; an update to it with this fix can be found here.

Remember to please specify which build you're using if submitting a bug. And the more detailed steps you can provide for reproducing it, the better.

i've also found a multitude of threads for as to create an .hps file; which one would be the best or does it matter?
I would say Achilles' most recent guide.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
More notes.
So I play Sheik and therefor it was like christmas day when the new beta build was released.
Practicing the backthrow gimp on spacies was really a thing I was looking forward to.

It took me a while to realize this, mostly because it's hard enough to get grabs, but the CPU is missing alot of the best options to escape the gimp.
These same strategies could apply in the recovery in general.

I have not yet seen fox jump emediatly out of hitstun in any direction.
Doing so and juming backwards will bring him up high enough that a standing needle won't hit him.
The common option here is then to do a high angle UpB, straight ahead, sweetspot the Ledge or do a high Side B.

Fox will also never, simply DJ Sweetspot the Ledge. He will most likely drop just below the ledge and upB, or drop to the height that a sweetspot SideB is possible.

If this gets implemented as well as air dodging I probably wont leave the house for about a year

whims

Smash Apprentice
xdelta method:

Instructions for building the ISO in Windows, Linux, and Mac are included in the download.
the link will take me to a captcha page and then it will say that the file is not intended to be accessed directly. may just be me or may be an overall issue, thought i'd point it out

Dulop

Smash Cadet
Thanks for you great effort man.

I have a suggestion.
For some things, I really miss the old actual lvl 1 cpu. Are you planing on adding an option to switch between the new and old cpus? or something like that?

Thanks again.

whims

Smash Apprentice
okay i THINK this may be my sound issue.

first, i tested the method of adding a new sound file to the game with the juicy fruit .hps file on the sound compendium (a tested and true .hps), and it worked with zero issues. that means that i screwed up the creation of my .hps file somehow. (i did use the hex editor correctly, overwriting entries rather than adding.)

so, what could have happened? i double checked and found that i had followed all the steps in achilles' guide for creating .hps files, so i should have created the file no problem.

there was something off though. i downloaded the meleehps folder so graciously provided by achilles. i extracted this folder and followed all the steps, creating a .hps file. however, some of the files will not extract from the zipped folder - namely, the entire tool folder. could this be causing the weird loops i'm experiencing? thanks.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Debug Menu --> General Codes --> Player Flags --> and set the player's AI type to something other than normal.
This isn't working for me. I can change the CPU AI Type just fine, but none of the ones I've tested do the common escape options like wakeup shine or buffered spotdodge. Even the Normal AI type only uses them sparingly. Half the time they seem to wake up with a dash or smash attack. Is there no easy way to practice tech chasing in this version?

Last edited:

PKRev

Smash Rookie
NNID
BQQ
So im playing the new 20xx and for some reason after a couple of hours, Falco's shine is like fox's now. Did i press something to make this happen? Is there a fix?

whims

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, man! I added it to the OP.
uh so my dropbox is "generating too much traffic" it seems. (probably an upgrade to pro gimmick :/ ). i'll see what i can do about adding another link on a different site (maybe googledocs idk). post it when i have it, and if u could replace the one on the op that would be gr8

Lykon

Smash Cadet
So im playing the new 20xx and for some reason after a couple of hours, Falco's shine is like fox's now. Did i press something to make this happen? Is there a fix?
You must have activated the SD REMIX toggle, which is D-pad left (i think), just deactivate it by doing the same thing, you know you have activated it because the character portrait is purple

Lykon

Smash Cadet
I have been testing this last 4.05 version for some hours, and I'm not sure if I should consider this issues "bugs", but here are some things that I've discovered so far: (white ntsc wii, using nintendont, usb loading)
  • VS Melee player toggles doesnt seem to get saved in Memory after reboot.
  • VS Melee player flags menu seems to have some graphical issues when changing the player option from the top.
  • If a metal texture or PAL character is used in a stadium game mode or Regular Match, going back to VS. mode and loading a character portrait freezes the game.
  • All-Star event matches, space travelers may freeze the game, Kirby's Air-raid may not load the cpu kirbys.
As always thanks for the hard work :), I'll try to make a donation sometime later :bee:

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
More notes.
So I play Sheik and therefor it was like christmas day when the new beta build was released.
Practicing the backthrow gimp on spacies was really a thing I was looking forward to.

It took me a while to realize this, mostly because it's hard enough to get grabs, but the CPU is missing alot of the best options to escape the gimp.

Doing so and juming backwards will bring him up high enough that a standing needle won't hit him.
The common option here is then to do a high angle UpB, straight ahead, sweetspot the Ledge or do a high Side B.

Fox will also never, simply DJ Sweetspot the Ledge. He will most likely drop just below the ledge and upB, or drop to the height that a sweetspot SideB is possible.

If this gets implemented as well as air dodging I probably wont leave the house for about a year
Achilles said this is only phase 1 of the AI changes. he plans on adding shine stalling, air dodging, etc. so he knows what the AI's limits are and probably plans to optimize these things.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This isn't working for me. I can change the CPU AI Type just fine, but none of the ones I've tested do the common escape options like wakeup shine or buffered spotdodge. Even the Normal AI type only uses them sparingly. Half the time they seem to wake up with a dash or smash attack. Is there no easy way to practice tech chasing in this version?
For the Normal AI, you can set change the % chance to spotdodge and roll for techchasing in the Debug Menu --> CPU Codes --> Techchase Defense.
Spacies will shine after teching, but pretty much only if they are going to hit with it. Otherwise they will choose a different option. I assume if you solely wanted to practice tech chasing with the new AI then you set it's shield propensity high so you can grab them a lot.

Anything other than Normal AI will DI and Tech but that's it. I'll try and add in some more options to customize the CPU in the next release like disabling most offensive options.
I have been testing this last 4.05 version for some hours, and I'm not sure if I should consider this issues "bugs", but here are some things that I've discovered so far: (white ntsc wii, using nintendont, usb loading)
  • VS Melee player toggles doesnt seem to get saved in Memory after reboot.
  • VS Melee player flags menu seems to have some graphical issues when changing the player option from the top.
  • If a metal texture or PAL character is used in a stadium game mode or Regular Match, going back to VS. mode and loading a character portrait freezes the game.
  • All-Star event matches, space travelers may freeze the game, Kirby's Air-raid may not load the cpu kirbys.
As always thanks for the hard work :), I'll try to make a donation sometime later :bee:
Thanks for these reports!! I appreciate it. I never intended VS Melee player flags to be saved to memory card...I can't really explain why right now, but I just feel like they shouldn't be.
Can you provide a way to reliably reproduce the CSS freeze? I went to 10-man melee and choose PAL Fox, played, then went back to VS Mode and selected Fox just fine. Maybe I don't understand what you're saying.
Those All-Star Events are definitely bugged and should certainly help me figure out problematic code. Thanks again.
here's the new link; pls check it and make sure it works. again, the dropbox one is dead bc dropbox is dumb if u don't have premium

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxw6qhxhY9uXbi0wZTl5dVc5Q1U&usp=sharing
Got it.
xdelta method:

Instructions for building the ISO in Windows, Linux, and Mac are included in the download.

Remember to please specify which build you're using if submitting a bug. And the more detailed steps you can provide for reproducing it, the better.

I would say Achilles' most recent guide.
Thanks, boss! Added to OP.
More notes.

Yeah, there are some more options that need to be added. Thanks for your suggestions in this post and the previous ones. I know I haven't responded to them yet, but I'm listening. There's just so many more directions to take the AI and it will be fun when I get back to it, but I need to work on a few other things first.

Steelo Rivers

Smash Cadet
The costume files are all the same.

I haven't touched the Random Friendlies code since 3.02. I'm sorry that it doesn't work and that I have neglected it. Hopefully I can get around to it soonish. I'm looking forward to taking a break from the AI and working on more features again.

It's allowable to distribute individual files, but not complete game images....idk.

It sounds like something is just wrong with your homebrew setup or hard drive. But I don't really know what to tell you because I'm not a homebrew expert.

Disable Dolphin Gecko codes.

It works the exact same. I added some more music in the latest update using the same method. It sounds like you extended the size of your MnSlChr.usd file on accident or something, like inserting instead of overwriting. Try again.

Training Codes --> Color Overlay --> Action State Overlays
Set a color for "Wait". And also make sure to turn the color overlays on for the specific player port.

This is with the latest version of the Hack Pack?
well, I'd just like to say thank you for the work that you have been doing. Random friendlies is no big deal d00d. Right now I'm just appreciating the AI and how much better it is that a pretty good percentage of netplay players.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
When can we expect the updates to the AI?
I am not looking for a deadline or anything, but are we talking weeks or months?

whims

Smash Apprentice
Which songs were added?
from what i can tell in the mnslchr.usd, this is the list (add any that i don't get, anyone, thanks)

SSBPM - Mewtwo Returns
SSBPM - v3.5 Main Theme
SSBPM - SMW Castle Theme Remix
F-Zero GX - Aeropolis
F-Zero GX - Mute City
F-Zero GX - Night of Big Blue
F-Zero GX - Port Town
F-Zero X - Rainbow Road
Splatoon - Final Boss (phase 2)
Splatoon - Splattack!
Undertale - Bonetrousle
Undertale - Megalovania
Timesplitters - Mexican Mission
Timesplitters - Notre Dame Boss

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I just tested it more throughly and realized

Loading an SD Remix character or metal texture in (any) Multi-man melee, then going into Vs. Melee and loading a character portrait freezes the game.

Loading an SD Remix character, Metal texture, PAL character, Alternate texture, or even a normal character in Home-run, then going into Vs. Melee and loading a character portrait freezes the game.

Target test, training mode, event matches and regular matches seems to work fine with all these options.

Swagathor

Smash Rookie
so im having trouble with the debug menu. both 3.02 and 4.05 wont open for me, it just a black screen. Im playing on dolphin 7840. It was working before but now i just cant access the menu. Is it just me?

CPU`

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chickenator2
For some reason debug menu is just a black screen for me. Anyone know how to fix?

Renoud

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I have a problem:

So whenever I'm trying to play, the music gliches out and the game freezes a few moments after I load the game, this always happens wether is on a match or in the menu. I don't know what to do and I was hoping you guys could please help me. BTW I play using Nintendont on my Wii.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Only player 1 will show Color Overlays. L-cancelling, action-states, etc. will only work for player 1.
that might be just you cause they're working fine on my end.
Definitely a stand-alone case. They're working on mine too. I'm sure you did so already, but did you check to see which player slots they were toggled on for?

Last edited:

Mambo490

Smash Rookie
How do I fix my 20xx 4.05, I placed my vanilla ISO into the BAT file converter. I converted it into a 20xx 4.05 ISO and copied it to the games directory on my SD card. I boot up Homebrew with Priiloader and then I go to Nintendont. I go to SD and then click on load "Boot GC Disc in Drive [DISC01]", but once I click on it I get this message in red "The Disc Driver could not be initialized!"

whims

Smash Apprentice
How do I fix my 20xx 4.05, I placed my vanilla ISO into the BAT file converter. I converted it into a 20xx 4.05 ISO and copied it to the games directory on my SD card. I boot up Homebrew with Priiloader and then I go to Nintendont. I go to SD and then click on load "Boot GC Disc in Drive [DISC01]", but once I click on it I get this message in red "The Disc Driver could not be initialized!"
easy. you don't click on "boot gc disc in drive," as the gc game is not in the drive, it's on the sd card. if it is in the correct directory, below "boot gc disc in drive" should be "super smash bros melee," which is what you select. if it isn't there, double check to make sure your .iso file is really in the correct directory. there should be a games folder on the root of the sd, in that folder should be another folder named anything you would like, and inside that should be your .iso and it should be named "game"

hope this helps

D

Deleted member 337186

two questions: is there a reason why holding start at the CSS doesn't take me to the SSS? and is there a way to make silly melee based off 20XX 4.05? (rather than off 3.02)

whims

Smash Apprentice
two questions: is there a reason why holding start at the CSS doesn't take me to the SSS? and is there a way to make silly melee based off 20XX 4.05? (rather than off 3.02)
i can answer the first one; do u have it set to time match (not stock)?

newsailboats

Smash Rookie
so im having trouble with the debug menu. both 3.02 and 4.05 wont open for me, it just a black screen. Im playing on dolphin 7840. It was working before but now i just cant access the menu. Is it just me?
For some reason debug menu is just a black screen for me. Anyone know how to fix?
I'm also having the same issue. My debug menu is completely black, I can navigate (blindly) and the music plays still. Is there any fix for this? The only thing I can do to make it appear is to run it in Direct3D on Dolphin 7840, but that lags immensely compared to OpenGL.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Change your graphics plugin with Dolphin.
Hard to say without knowing the changes made to the characters (any DOL mods and stuff).
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I just tested it more throughly and realized

Loading an SD Remix character or metal texture in (any) Multi-man melee, then going into Vs. Melee and loading a character portrait freezes the game.

Loading an SD Remix character, Metal texture, PAL character, Alternate texture, or even a normal character in Home-run, then going into Vs. Melee and loading a character portrait freezes the game.

Target test, training mode, event matches and regular matches seems to work fine with all these options.
Thanks. I fixed it.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
from what i can tell in the mnslchr.usd, this is the list (add any that i don't get, anyone, thanks)

SSBPM - Mewtwo Returns
SSBPM - v3.5 Main Theme
SSBPM - SMW Castle Theme Remix
F-Zero GX - Aeropolis
F-Zero GX - Mute City
F-Zero GX - Night of Big Blue
F-Zero GX - Port Town
F-Zero X - Rainbow Road
Splatoon - Final Boss (phase 2)
Splatoon - Splattack!
Undertale - Bonetrousle
Undertale - Megalovania
Timesplitters - Mexican Mission
Timesplitters - Notre Dame Boss
Do custom songs lag anymore?

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
quick side question, i tryed to go over to the PM side of smashboards and everytime i click on a post it says
Smashboards - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

why is that?

gjoeyjoe

Smash Rookie
Thanks for you great effort man.

I have a suggestion.
For some things, I really miss the old actual lvl 1 cpu. Are you planing on adding an option to switch between the new and old cpus? or something like that?

Thanks again.
Seconded

The Underground King

Smash Rookie
Hi. I've tried to go from 20XX 3.02 to 4.05 but things haven't been working out and now neither version work. My Homebrew channel is empty with no apps but the blue bubbles screen. I followed the readme exactly but it didn't work. All I moved around was the iso but even the apps are gone.

I even went back and followed the link that helped me get 3.02 but it still gives me the same blue bubbles Homebrew screen.

Original 3.02 link I follow: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l_l5kpMerHY6IE92lia2aM3F6iL7WyQvTEU7pPe_7LU/edit

4.05 link was from this thread

Does anyone know what the problem is?

When I press 1 on my wiimote and try to load the SD manually on Homebrew, I get: "Exception (DSI) occurred!" Not sure what this means..

whims

Smash Apprentice
Hi. I've tried to go from 20XX 3.02 to 4.05 but things haven't been working out and now neither version work. My Homebrew channel is empty with no apps but the blue bubbles screen. I followed the readme exactly but it didn't work. All I moved around was the iso but even the apps are gone.

I even went back and followed the link that helped me get 3.02 but it still gives me the same blue bubbles Homebrew screen.

Original 3.02 link I follow: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l_l5kpMerHY6IE92lia2aM3F6iL7WyQvTEU7pPe_7LU/edit

4.05 link was from this thread

Does anyone know what the problem is?

When I press 1 on my wiimote and try to load the SD manually on Homebrew, I get: "Exception (DSI) occurred!" Not sure what this means..
1) is your sd formatted to fat32? 2) can u provide a screenshot of your sd card root? 3) is your .iso named game and in the correct directory (i don't see how this would have affected apps but check anyways)?

i'll go from there

Top Bottom