• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
That doesn't really sound like a good idea tbh

dreamhouse

Smash Cadet
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 would it be possible to implement a sound fx that plays when you grab or attack someone out of their tech and missed tech vulnerability windows successfully ala the v canceling sound effect? This would be amazing for knowing when you got a "true combo" tech chase, and when you just grabbed them before they could do something else. We have color overlays, but that isn't nearly as good of a feedback mechanism for telling if you were 1 or 2 frames too late.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Beta04 later today.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 would it be possible to implement a sound fx that plays when you grab or attack someone out of their tech and missed tech vulnerability windows successfully ala the v canceling sound effect? This would be amazing for knowing when you got a "true combo" tech chase, and when you just grabbed them before they could do something else. We have color overlays, but that isn't nearly as good of a feedback mechanism for telling if you were 1 or 2 frames too late.
I can most likely do this, but it will take some research to make sure it doesn't give false positives. Beta04 introduces a toggle for SFX on auto-cancel.

DRGN

Technowizard

Please note:
  • CPU action toggles are still not in the build.
  • New memory card data will be created, so manually write down anything you want to restore (e.g. CSS colors or something).

From Beta04:
- Stability improvements!
- Diagnosed and rewrote multiple codes that were causing freezes and other abnormalities.

- Fixed a bug where opponents from the "Team [character name]!" match, in Classic Mode, would not spawn.
- Fixed multiple other bugs related to 1P modes. They should be playable now.
- Fixed a bug where freezing would occur when opening the Debug Menu and navigating
straight to CSS CODES --> CUSTOM METAL COLORS --> RGB COLOR VIEWER.
- Fixed a bug where Mario's up+b walljump technique became easier on hacked stages with long, 90 degree
vertical ledge walls that include custom collision link flags.
- Fixed a bug where Jungle Japes water textures would not get initialized in 1P modes, if the
Hacked Stage Select Screen was active in VS Mode.
- Icicle Mountain being defaulted to fixed camera mode is restored.
- "Zoom" camera mode in Training Mode now functions correctly.
- Hyrule Castle 64 floors are now completely flat instead of very slightly angled.
- Ice Climbers no longer entry spawn directly on top of each other.
- Rewrote the "D-Pad Down at CSS for Rumble Screen" code. Should be stable now.

- Added the Beta version number on the Debug Menu main menu.
- Added stage name text previews for the [competitive] Hacked Stage Select Screen.
- Added the hacked stage names to the Random Stage Select Screen, when applicable.
- Changed the internal filename of the memory card save file. This means the 20XX 4.0 save file will
no longer overwrite vanilla Melee save files (and can coexist with a memory card exploit file such
as 20XX TE). GALE01 is still the Game ID, and will need to stay this way for upcoming planned features.
- With Skip Results Screen enabled and in Stock Mode, the opponent of the player who ragequit is awarded
a KO star (Games won star).
- Added an option to completely disable music, allowing the game to be played with no music and no SFX
without adjusting the TV volume.
- Added a "Global" music playlist option that, when enabled, is used for any music played throughout the game.
- Added the ability to specify custom x-axis DI strength for CPUs being upthrown, and attacks that put a
character into DamageFlyTop.
- Added a toggle for SFX on successful Auto-Cancel.
- Added the 20XX 3.02 feature for pressing Z while hovering over specific characters at the CSS to
enable Extra Characters.

- Peach = Female Wireframe
- C. Falcon = Male Wireframe
- Bowser = Giga-Bowser
- Ice Climbers = Popo
- Zelda = Sheik
- Pichu = Masterhand
- Pikachu = Crazyhand
- CPU Sheik and Zelda do not Down+B transform ever. Use the extra character toggle mentioned above to
fight against Sheik.
- Changed SD Remix Ganondorf from version 3.1 to version 3.2.1.
- Extended Name Entry code has received a large rewrite and update thanks to Dan Salvato. Misalignment
and display issues with symbols have been fixed.

- Part of the new code is disabling the rumble flag for specific name tags.
Rumble is now only set for the port and is not available for name tags.
- Even more symbols have been added to the Name Entry screen, combined with the
feature "Press X for lowercase".

From Beta02:
- New Feature: Debug Menu --> Character Select Screen Codes --> Custom CSS Colors (screenshots)
- Bug FIx: Debug Menu --> pressing Start when two submenus deep does not load the victory screen and softlock the game.
- Bug Fix: Battlefield rainbow water BG toggle turned to OFF no longer loads Custom Battlefield 2 collision points.
- Bug Fix: v1.00 SDI/Hitlag code updated (thanks to new code from Magus posted today).
- Bug Fix: Widescreen toggle value is now applied immediately upon boot and no longer needs to experience a loading cycle first.
- Bug Fix: "Out-of-camera" magnifier bubbles in Widescreen mode now extend further to the sides of the screen (thanks to Dan Salvato).
- Bug Fix: Opening the Debug Menu and going directly to Stage Codes --> Custom FD Color --> RGB Color Viewer, no longer freezes the game. I also added in a text line to state that Rainbow FD takes priority.?

From Beta01:
- Updated DOL file (Name Entry Additions)
- Fixed GrNKr.1at & GrNKr.2at
- Added Hyrule Maze Stages
- Updated MnSlChr (TrackPreview)
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat
- Fixed GrNFg files?

Instructions for building the ISO in Windows, Linux, and Mac are included in the download.

Remember to please specify which build you're using when submitting a bug. And the more detailed steps you can provide for reproducing it, the better.

EDIT:
After creating the ISO, open it with GCR and replace the MnSlChr.usd file with this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 269706

Yo this is awesome. So if I'm not mistaken...then 20XX works with 20XXTe?!?! That's incredible, along with everything else about this update. Love you achillies, DRGN, and everyone else helping with this project!

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Do i have to do anything special to transfer my custom music from beta03 to this new one? Or would i have to do l redo them all? Just curious

D

Deleted member 269706

Do i have to do anything special to transfer my custom music from beta03 to this new one? Or would i have to do l redo them all? Just curious
I was wondering the same thing. Im just going to copy and paste the hex in from the file (forgetting the name of it atm) that causes musical management from beta03 to beta04 and then copy 69.hps, 6A.hps, etc. into the new folder

Achilles1515

Smash Master
No new music has been added in Beta04 and the music code works in the same manner. So just extract the Root folder, paste your HPS files back in, open up your old MnSlChr and copy all the old ASCII and pointer table entries, then paste in the new MnSlChr. Rebuild. That portion of the MnSlChr didn’t change at all, so you can just copy everything in the area in one single go.

Just keep in mind that I do plan on adding more default music to the 20XX pack in the future. So sorry ahead of time for any inconvenience that causes….but it will be worth it!

D

Deleted member 269706

Hey I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but whenever I try to change wavedash color overlays my computer freaks out telling me that there's an invalid read from 0x########### I've turned the global netplay settings off and no AR or Gecko cheats/codes are on...Wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Update files from Beta3 please.

Anti-xdelta here.
Later tonight hopefully.

Hey I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but whenever I try to change wavedash color overlays my computer freaks out telling me that there's an invalid read from 0x########### I've turned the global netplay settings off and no AR or Gecko cheats/codes are on...Wondering if anyone else is having this problem?
This is that same stupid Debug Menu bug that I've been talking about. I have found no way to get to the root of this problem.

Here is an updated MnSlChr.usd file.
DRGN DRGN sorry. (I edited your post with this new link, but feel free to change anything as you please).

I now know that I need to try EVERY SINGLE submenu before releasing an update. So frustrating.

Last edited:

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Hey were any changes made to the AI because i just got shine->weak uair->shine->bair->death combo'd by a level 8 falco. 0_o

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Hey were any changes made to the AI because i just got shine->weak uair->shine->bair->death combo'd by a level 8 falco. 0_o
Jesus, AI... Why level 8? Isn't level 9 better? I mean, I think the AI improvement was meant for level 9 CPUs.

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Guys... I can't seem to replace the MnSlChr.usd file with DRGN's one (the fix). When I open the 20XX Beta 4 ISO with GCRebuilder, it says: "Error: File 'audio\1C.hps' not found" and I can't seem to open it. Also, did achilles replace the file already with the one that DRGN listed or am I lost?

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Jesus, AI... Why level 8? Isn't level 9 better? I mean, I think the AI improvement was meant for level 9 CPUs.
Idk. I was just randomly trying a level 8 and that happened, then i just stared at the screen like 0_o...but I'm pretty sure all the modifications (di and fixed up angles) apply to all cpu levels. I was just wondering if there were any modifications other than the ones i just listed.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Idk. I was just randomly trying a level 8 and that happened, then i just stared at the screen like 0_o...but I'm pretty sure all the modifications (di and fixed up angles) apply to all cpu levels. I was just wondering if there were any modifications other than the ones i just listed.
What was the stage?

DRGN

Technowizard
Update files from Beta3 please.

Anti-xdelta here.
Y's that? The xdelta method should work on your 32-bit systems too. Otherwise, that'll be up to achilles, since I don't know exactly all of which files were updated this time.

Later tonight hopefully.

This is that same stupid Debug Menu bug that I've been talking about. I have found no way to get to the root of this problem.

Here is an updated MnSlChr.usd file.
DRGN DRGN sorry. (I edited your post with this new link, but feel free to change anything as you please).

I now know that I need to try EVERY SINGLE submenu before releasing an update. So frustrating.
np. I'll probably update it to include that tomorrow or Saturday.

I don't think there are any AI changes besides the ones you already mentioned.

Guys... I can't seem to replace the MnSlChr.usd file with DRGN's one (the fix). When I open the 20XX Beta 4 ISO with GCRebuilder, it says: "Error: File 'audio\1C.hps' not found" and I can't seem to open it. Also, did achilles replace the file already with the one that DRGN listed or am I lost?
That's really weird. Might be a problem with your GCR, since I can open the ISO fine on mine and that file doesn't seem to be missing. And our ISOs should be exactly the same (unless your hash didn't match after you made yours). The MnSlChr.usd file in my post is the same file achilles posted (he updated my post with it).

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Y's that? The xdelta method should work on your 32-bit systems too. Otherwise, that'll be up to achilles, since I don't know exactly all of which files were updated this time.

np. I'll probably update it to include that tomorrow or Saturday.

I don't think there are any AI changes besides the ones you already mentioned.

That's really weird. Might be a problem with your GCR, since I can open the ISO fine on mine and that file doesn't seem to be missing. And our ISOs should be exactly the same (unless your hash didn't match after you made yours). The MnSlChr.usd file in my post is the same file achilles posted (he updated my post with it).
My GCR is the same as achille's.

CorteX

Smash Cadet
- Changed the internal filename of the memory card save file. This means the 20XX 4.0 save file will
no longer overwrite vanilla Melee save files (and can coexist with a memory card exploit file such
as 20XX TE). GALE01 is still the Game ID, and will need to stay this way for upcoming planned features.
This is great, but please keep us PAL Nintendont users in mind who need to patch their game ID to display correctly as forcing the video mode will display the game in black and white on CRT's.

CorteX

Smash Cadet
What does the fix do anyways?
GALE01 in the header of the disc.
The "E" part specifies the video mode used for said game.
For PAL this would be "P" instead. If you don't patch this the GC/Wii won't load the correct videomode. Forcing it to PAL with some loader will give you a black screen while forcing NTSC will make the game show up in black and white.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
GALE01 in the header of the disc.
The "E" part specifies the video mode used for said game.
For PAL this would be "P" instead. If you don't patch this the GC/Wii won't load the correct videomode. Forcing it to PAL with some loader will give you a black screen while forcing NTSC will make the game show up in black and white.
What if I use USB Loader for Wii? Also... Does it only do that? Like, it's not a fix for anything gameplay related?

QuantumKiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShreckIsDreck
3DS FC
1435-5574-6890
Thanks for the autocancel sfx, really useful. When I restart a match that's already begun (Pause; LRABStart) it changes the music back to the vanilla playlist. Is there any way to change/fix this?

CorteX

Smash Cadet
I remember in 3.5 I could pick Sheik or Popo for CPU, also Sheik would never transform back, is there anuy way to do this in the version 4?
Yeah, you need the latest version (beta 4). Then, use P1's cursor to hover over Zelda and press Z. The name should change to Sheik. Then just drag the CPU cursor over Zelda and it should work. Same goes for IC's.

My Wii is PAL.
Then it depends on your TV. All LCD's support NTSC, but not all CRT's do. Mine doesn't.

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Yeah, you need the latest version (beta 4). Then, use P1's cursor to hover over Zelda and press Z. The name should change to Sheik. Then just drag the CPU cursor over Zelda and it should work. Same goes for IC's.

Then it depends on your TV. All LCD's support NTSC, but not all CRT's do. Mine doesn't.
Mine does.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I tried replacing the fix on a vanilla Melee ISO, but it said that the file is too large to import.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This is great, but please keep us PAL Nintendont users in mind who need to patch their game ID to display correctly as forcing the video mode will display the game in black and white on CRT's.
I didn't know that is necessary for the PAL CRTs. Those "upcoming features" won't affect PAL CRT users anyway. What I plan on doing is being able to save memory card exploits (20XX TE, Minigames Mod, Crazy Mod, SDR) to the current memory card in the console via the 20XX 4.0 Debug Menu.

I tried replacing the fix on a vanilla Melee ISO, but it said that the file is too large to import.
It's not for a vanilla ISO. It's to replace the MnSlChr in the 20XX ISO that is created with the xdelta tool.
Thanks for the autocancel sfx, really useful. When I restart a match that's already begun (Pause; LRABStart) it changes the music back to the vanilla playlist. Is there any way to change/fix this?
What do you mean the "vanilla playlist"? If you are on a stage that is using a music playlist or has the type set to Random Vanilla/Custom, when doing a salty runback it will rerandomize the song that will be played, which is intentional. Is this what you were experiencing?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I didn't know that is necessary for the PAL CRTs. Those "upcoming features" won't affect PAL CRT users anyway. What I plan on doing is being able to save memory card exploits (20XX TE, Minigames Mod, Crazy Mod, SDR) to the current memory card in the console via the 20XX 4.0 Debug Menu.

It's not for a vanilla ISO. It's to replace the MnSlChr in the 20XX ISO that is created with the xdelta tool.

What do you mean the "vanilla playlist"? If you are on a stage that is using a music playlist or has the type set to Random Vanilla/Custom, when doing a salty runback it will rerandomize the song that will be played, which is intentional. Is this what you were experiencing?
Alright... So I patched it and opened it, it worked. What I did wrong was exporting the patched ISO with the GameCube Backup Manager and then that's how I got those errors. All I did now was patching it, replacing the file, exporting the ISO to my games folder and opening it. Is it normal that it takes years to load? It also said that I need a file and 11 free blocks in my A slot memory card. Weird... But I deleted my save and made a new one. Still, why did it take so long to load? Sorry for all of these comments and for being so dumb.

Doq

Smash Lord
It's not the 32-bit. It's the fact that mine is modded and I don't want to redo absolutely everything.

Top Bottom