• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Adventure Mode keeps freezing. Guessing the only "solution" is to rebuild or just play it on regular Melee?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yo Achilles you should take a look at this thread.
I'll copy paste the most relevant info but all of it is worth reading.

Dan Salvato already said he would implement a toggle for the different widescreen codes into the 20XX TE in that thread so I was wondering if you could do the same for the regular pack. If you've already seen this then sorry for the repost.
All those options are already in the version in progress. Thanks.

I understand most of the stuff I wrote isn't feasible to code, but what about a different character per stock? Project M has All-Star Smash, and it would be useful for crew battles. Is there another technicality that I am unawares?
The best I could do with something like this at the moment is like "phantom" loading different characters and just switching which one respawns and is controlled by each character. But that would be so roundabout and janky that it's not worth making at the moment.

I do really like your idea about the "tower mode" or whatever, but I would need to learn way more about the game's single player mode loading before ever attempting something like that. I've done little to no research on adventure/allstar/classic mode stuff.

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
Hi, I have a hacked Wii already but its version 4.1...could I still somehow get 20XX to work? I was told to not update the Wii so I would like to avoid bricking it if possible.

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
So trying to boot this up via nintendont and I get a

Failed to load kernel from NAND

Error. ive googled and best I found is suggesting to have meta.xml in the same folder as boot.dol is in. Except I do. What gives?

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
Ignore my previous post earlier, I got it to work...I went for it and got it updated and 20XX is running via SD card now...however every time I load it up I cannot save anything (such as keeping L-Cancel indicators on), is there a way to fix this?

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to add a feature to 20XX the displays the trajectory an attack is knocking you at? Like maybe for an arrow to appear over your percent pointing the direction of the attack's trajectory while your character is in hit lag/stun? This would be useful for thinking about how to DI certain attacks and for just getting a sense of what trajectories attacks in this game send you at.

Also an SDI counter would be cool. I'd be curious to see how many SDI inputs I can get using rotational SDI on certain attacks, but I could understand it's not that important.

20XX has been so useful to me in my melee obsession. Thank you always achilles1515.

FriendGuy

Smash Cadet
I came across a glitch. I tried to use to these some of hack in-game toggles and debug mode at the same time. I used P2 hold shield + infinite shield + P2 shield grab, along with debug mode's frame-by-frame feature, and I attempted to hit P2's shield with Falco's nair. After a few more frame advance's I was unwillingly kicked to normal speed, and fox's shield started bugging out. It's flashing on and off over and over again quickly, without fox ever entering the shield release animation. It looks like he's kinda twitching a little bit but that's it. It's fairly easy it to perfect shield. When I press start again, he does his shield grab, and everything goes back to the way it was. Toggles and everything.

Not game breaking by any means. It's actually pretty neat, if not a little disappointing.

jihaeng29

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to add a new alternative costume easily? Not replace the existing costume files but add new ones to be toggled by L-button. For example add the Fierce Deity link as an alternative to white link, like how CAT is the alternative to neutral Marth. Is that a difficult mod?

CeLL

Smash Lord
Is it possible to add a new alternative costume easily? Not replace the existing costume files but add new ones to be toggled by L-button. For example add the Fierce Deity link as an alternative to white link, like how CAT is the alternative to neutral Marth. Is that a difficult mod?
No it's not. Don't worry though, there will be an alternate costume for every color of every character in 20XX 4.0. Also if you want Zankyou made a code for alternate costumes and there is a thread for it on here. Not sure if it works with 20XX though.

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to add a feature to 20XX the displays the trajectory an attack is knocking you at? Like maybe for an arrow to appear over your percent pointing the direction of the attack's trajectory while your character is in hit lag/stun? This would be useful for thinking about how to DI certain attacks and for just getting a sense of what trajectories attacks in this game send you at.

Also an SDI counter would be cool. I'd be curious to see how many SDI inputs I can get using rotational SDI on certain attacks, but I could understand it's not that important.

20XX has been so useful to me in my melee obsession. Thank you always achilles1515.
http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-di-almost-every-move-in-melee.384442/

xfighter1188

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to make a stage with edges that don't lead to death when you fall? Something like the middle edge in hyrule so that you can practice ledge tech without dying

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Is it possible to make a stage with edges that don't lead to death when you fall? Something like the middle edge in hyrule so that you can practice ledge tech without dying
Ice Climbers' target test level has ledges with floor beneath them on both sides (at the very top).
On any stage, you can just use a savestate to reset yourself when you fall.

Last edited:

SillyGoose

Master of QWOP
After trying to load some gecko codes through Gecko OS Mod, I've been unable to load Melee through Dios Mios on USB Loader GX. It first says to "switch to Devolution to load Gamecube games" and when I do that it says "file not found". Does anyone understand this problem? Is there a way to restore Homebrew to its original settings? Is there a better place to ask these questions?

Thanks! My desire for a pretty Battlefield background was my downfall =/

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
So trying to boot this up via nintendont and I get a

Failed to load kernel from NAND

Error. ive googled and best I found is suggesting to have meta.xml in the same folder as boot.dol is in. Except I do. What gives?
Alright still haven't gotten it working... not sure why, didn't have nearly as much trouble with project m, burned melee texture isos and emulators... really just about anything didn't give me this much of a headache.

SO new update: My wii was system menu 4.0, updated it to 4.3 via Nintendo, everything seems to work well. Minus the fact I cannot play GCbackup loader anymore... Also my homebrew channel was not removed. Figured I'd start from scratch in the unlikely event I screwed something up, while having my hand held and being provided download links.

following this guide right here, from the first post word for ****ing word
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l_l5kpMerHY6IE92lia2aM3F6iL7WyQvTEU7pPe_7LU/edit?pli=1

1) First problem, the damn bannerbomb "press 1" won't appear on the scam warning (I'm patient, there wasn't any memory cards, usb, gc controllers connected. I can read and follow directions)
1.5) I download WiiMod-58-61_Hackmii_1.1.0, hackmii installer loads, I install bootmii as boot2, and reinstall HBC

POSSIBLE BIG PROBLEM, INSTALLING THE APP PACK, 2 FILES SAY IT CANNOT BE ENCRYPTED BUT COPY ANYWAY? or something of the sort, obviously i pick yes

2) following the guide, download an app pack it links me to, open multi mod manager. I I install and pacth the ios in express mode
2.5) go to the wad manager, I install DIOSMIOSLITE_2.11.wad.

I DO NOT HAVE ._DIOSMIOSLITE_2.11.wad ONLY DIOSMIOSLITE_2.11.wad, the guide says skip the first option and pick the second. I DO NOT HAVE THE FIRST OPTION SO I PICK THE SECOND ANYWAY

(possible from problem w encryption earlier?)

IT INSTALLS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM

3) I load diosmios and unlike the guide, melee 20xx is not recognized. (I made the iso myself following the directions in this thread, skipping the iso from the guide because I had one that my wii did recognize but would not boot via gcback up loader, usb loader, or nintendont before attempting to use this guide). but it does recognize it as a regular melee iso (still won't load though).
3.5) diosmios loads and says "fatal error apploader size is zero!"

Serious question wtf am I doing wrong? I've followed two different guides without fail and yet I get error messages. Not like there's a trouble shooting section either, believe me I've checked.

My wii is from 2007, first did homebrew through ocarina iirc for brawl+ way way back if that affects anything.
Do I need to remove stubbed IOS?
Do I need to update the shop channel? (idk why, a third soft mod guide on google said it's important)
Is it because I updated to system menu 4.3? It didn't work on 4.0 either
Seriously, what is going on here?

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Nifty. Probably not as powerful as in-game cues to remind you of what you should be doing every time you get hit, but thanks for linking this.
In-game cues probably will not happen. Generally people start DI-ing before the move they get hit by even comes out. The thing would also have to know which direction the person throwing out the attack was facing and change it accordingly. And it could just easily be wrong to DI the move the way it says depending on if you want to use combo DI or survival DI. You're gonna have to tough it out like everyone else. It's not that bad.

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
In-game cues probably will not happen. Generally people start DI-ing before the move they get hit by even comes out. The thing would also have to know which direction the person throwing out the attack was facing and change it accordingly. And it could just easily be wrong to DI the move the way it says depending on if you want to use combo DI or survival DI. You're gonna have to tough it out like everyone else. It's not that bad.
Did you read my first post about this? You don't seem to get me. It's what ever, but if you want to keep at this let's move to personal messages instead of this thread.

Defile

Smash Apprentice
Disable P2 CPU Sheik --> Zelda Transform[Achilles]
  • If P2 CPU started the game as Sheik, transforming into Zelda will be disabled.
    • As soon as Sheik starts to transform, she will be immediately put into the "Wait" action state which interrupts the transform.
    • I think if she tries to transform while airborne, she will teleport to the ground - I haven't done a whole lot of testing with this, but I think I remember that happening.
Noob question - how do I have the P2 CPU spawn as Sheik? I know that for a human player you just hold A, but what about the CPU? I want to practice against Sheik but can't because the CPU keeps on transforming between Sheik and Zelda.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Disable P2 CPU Sheik --> Zelda Transform[Achilles]
  • If P2 CPU started the game as Sheik, transforming into Zelda will be disabled.
    • As soon as Sheik starts to transform, she will be immediately put into the "Wait" action state which interrupts the transform.
    • I think if she tries to transform while airborne, she will teleport to the ground - I haven't done a whole lot of testing with this, but I think I remember that happening.
Noob question - how do I have the P2 CPU spawn as Sheik? I know that for a human player you just hold A, but what about the CPU? I want to practice against Sheik but can't because the CPU keeps on transforming between Sheik and Zelda.
Highlight Zelda, then press Z. Sheik's name will be called when you choose Zelda.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
When's adjustable dead zones so we dont have to tear our control sticks apart to play the game

Kurenai

Smash Rookie
(R+D-Pad Up) P2 [Fox] Dair --> Grab --> UThrow --> *Intelligent* Uair

This toggle causes my 20XX too freeze forcing me to restart everytime I use it I dont know why its doing that as the other inmatch toggles works fine but that one which is kinda important doesnt.

Is this a general problem or something?? I have been looking through this thread for an answer and come up short. Anyways it would be awesome if someone have a fix for it somehow.

I play on a softmodded Wii using usb loader GX with a USB drive as a medium to play the 3.02 version of the game.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
(R+D-Pad Up) P2 [Fox] Dair --> Grab --> UThrow --> *Intelligent* Uair
This toggle causes my 20XX too freeze forcing me to restart everytime I use it I dont know why its doing that as the other inmatch toggles works fine but that one which is kinda important doesnt.

Is this a general problem or something?? I have been looking through this thread for an answer and come up short. Anyways it would be awesome if someone have a fix for it somehow.

I play on a softmodded Wii using usb loader GX with a USB drive as a medium to play the 3.02 version of the game.
Are you using it when the CPU is a character other than Fox?
Are you using it when the CPU isn't player 2?
Are you using it when you're not player 1?

Does it freeze immediately after you use the toggle or only after the Fox grabs you?

Last edited:

Kurenai

Smash Rookie
Are you using it when the CPU is a character other than Fox?
Are you using it when the CPU isn't player 2?
Are you using it when you're not player 1?

Does it freeze immediately after you use the toggle or only after the Fox grabs you?
I figured out what I was doing wrong and its one of the 3 things you mentioned.

Thank you for the quick reply! =)

Time to get the SDI timing perfected haha.

TRb

Smash Cadet
Do you know which file was edited to get the 20XX primer on the start screen?

D

Deleted member 269706

Hey, weird little bug: so I tried replacing TyMew2.dat (Captain Falcon's alternative green costume) with another file (and renamed it to the same thing). When I went to go play the game, if I just selected the standard green costume, the game would freeze. No idea why, are we not able to change the pre-inserted palettes?

Also wanted to ask if there's a way to change the stock count to something other than 4? I keep changing it in the rules, but it always defaults back to 4.

Cluekid

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to replace a skin texture of your own with the ones that are already preset when you press the L-Trigger?

CeLL

Smash Lord
Is it possible to replace a skin texture of your own with the ones that are already preset when you press the L-Trigger?
In the first post. If you mean like getting the texture out of the iso, just export those files instead of importing over them.

Last edited:

Cluekid

Smash Rookie
In the first post. If you mean like getting the texture out of the iso, just export those files instead of importing over them.
I tried renaming a PlMsWh.dat to TyPola.dat and my game crashed.
Can you only use the (PlMsWh.dat) with the white marth only?

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
I just imported a white Marth skin over TyPola with no issue. Please provide some more information (i.e. walk us through exactly what you did, and be as specific as possible) so that I (or anyone else on the boards should they be faster) can help you fix the issue.

I'm not immediately posting a how-to because, for this kind of thing, I think learning from your mistakes is far better than referring to some guide which you may depend on for a good while.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Alright still haven't gotten it working... not sure why, didn't have nearly as much trouble with project m, burned melee texture isos and emulators... really just about anything didn't give me this much of a headache.

SO new update: My wii was system menu 4.0, updated it to 4.3 via Nintendo, everything seems to work well. Minus the fact I cannot play GCbackup loader anymore... Also my homebrew channel was not removed. Figured I'd start from scratch in the unlikely event I screwed something up, while having my hand held and being provided download links.

following this guide right here, from the first post word for ****ing word
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l_l5kpMerHY6IE92lia2aM3F6iL7WyQvTEU7pPe_7LU/edit?pli=1

1) First problem, the damn bannerbomb "press 1" won't appear on the scam warning (I'm patient, there wasn't any memory cards, usb, gc controllers connected. I can read and follow directions)
1.5) I download WiiMod-58-61_Hackmii_1.1.0, hackmii installer loads, I install bootmii as boot2, and reinstall HBC

POSSIBLE BIG PROBLEM, INSTALLING THE APP PACK, 2 FILES SAY IT CANNOT BE ENCRYPTED BUT COPY ANYWAY? or something of the sort, obviously i pick yes

2) following the guide, download an app pack it links me to, open multi mod manager. I I install and pacth the ios in express mode
2.5) go to the wad manager, I install DIOSMIOSLITE_2.11.wad.

I DO NOT HAVE ._DIOSMIOSLITE_2.11.wad ONLY DIOSMIOSLITE_2.11.wad, the guide says skip the first option and pick the second. I DO NOT HAVE THE FIRST OPTION SO I PICK THE SECOND ANYWAY

(possible from problem w encryption earlier?)

IT INSTALLS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM

3) I load diosmios and unlike the guide, melee 20xx is not recognized. (I made the iso myself following the directions in this thread, skipping the iso from the guide because I had one that my wii did recognize but would not boot via gcback up loader, usb loader, or nintendont before attempting to use this guide). but it does recognize it as a regular melee iso (still won't load though).
3.5) diosmios loads and says "fatal error apploader size is zero!"

Serious question wtf am I doing wrong? I've followed two different guides without fail and yet I get error messages. Not like there's a trouble shooting section either, believe me I've checked.

My wii is from 2007, first did homebrew through ocarina iirc for brawl+ way way back if that affects anything.
Do I need to remove stubbed IOS?
Do I need to update the shop channel? (idk why, a third soft mod guide on google said it's important)
Is it because I updated to system menu 4.3? It didn't work on 4.0 either
Seriously, what is going on here?
To put it simply, you have a Frankenmod. Following multiple softmod guides will **** up your Wii.
Use Modmii to virginize your Wii, and start again from the beginning. At the end, you should end up with a general softmod, a USB loader of your choice, and finally everything 20XX related you add yourself (i.e. the ISO and Nintendont).

Hey, weird little bug: so I tried replacing TyMew2.dat (Captain Falcon's alternative green costume) with another file (and renamed it to the same thing). When I went to go play the game, if I just selected the standard green costume, the game would freeze. No idea why, are we not able to change the pre-inserted palettes?

Also wanted to ask if there's a way to change the stock count to something other than 4? I keep changing it in the rules, but it always defaults back to 4.
That last part tells me a trip to the FAQ would do you some good. Your other issue is probably another common one where you used an incompatible texture or didn't rebuild correctly.

D

Deleted member 269706

I've had the same problem when trying to replace Falcon's alt skins. As far as I can tell, we cannot mod the secondary skins (triggered by L button), which doesn't make sense because rewriting the file to have different imaging shouldn't crash it, but it did nonetheless.

CeLL

Smash Lord
I've had the same problem when trying to replace Falcon's alt skins. As far as I can tell, we cannot mod the secondary skins (triggered by L button), which doesn't make sense because rewriting the file to have different imaging shouldn't crash it, but it did nonetheless.
GCR doesn't care about filenames. You can replace a texture with one designed for the same color.

D

Deleted member 269706

GCR doesn't care about filenames. You can replace a texture with one designed for the same color.
I figured as much, but does the fact that the original space was a trophy file have anything to do with it? Like an extra string of code indicating that the file is meant to be used as a texture replacement rather than a trophy?

Top Bottom