• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

CeLL

Smash Lord
So if I have Dios Mios, and also want to install Dios Mios Lite, what do I do? Just the exact same as with Dios Mios, but with the Dios Mios Lite WAD? To clarify, I want both, not just one.

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
So if I have Dios Mios, and also want to install Dios Mios Lite, what do I do? Just the exact same as with Dios Mios, but with the Dios Mios Lite WAD? To clarify, I want both, not just one.
As far as I know, you can't have both at the same time. If you already installed DIOS MIOS and are going to install DIOS MIOS LITE, DML is going to replace the already installed version.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I think I remember reading that you cannot have them both at the same time and when you install one, the other gets auto-uninstalled if applicable.

EDIT: Yeah, what Goxplex said.
hey guys, do i have to have anything on my SD or is it just the recompiled iso that i need as evertime i go to USB loader GX it lets me click Mellee but when it does it goes to black screen then the wii's disk drive flashes blue until i turn it off. i play PM a lot and have never had problems running wii games off USB before. Is it maybe something in my usb loader settings? i want to go play in BEAST 5 but my mellee game is really bad so i need to sort that out and the 20xx hack seems key to that so any help would be much obliged. Cheeeeeeeers guys sorry about this (me and all 100 others above that have different problems)
Have you installed Dios Mios Lite?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , been really loving your 3.0/3.01. I've been talking with Carroll and I've come up with some suggestions, mostly for stuff that will make running 20XX better for tournament play based on our experiences at Man on a Ledge.
  • Change the toggle for alt costumes or PAL characters to something more complex
    • This is a similar problem to the "Hold A for Large Guns" issue. People just can't seem to keep their hands off the damn triggers on the CSS lol. We've actually had people in port 3 accidentally play PAL characters in bracket.
    • On top of that, people get confused when you tell them how to disable the alt/PAL character and they don't get instant visual feedback (until they redrop their token).
    • Carroll and I originally talked about toggling the CSS stuff all on and off, but I know that would probably be a TON of work, so I think making the toggles something like L + A or R + A, just something people will have to very consciously enable or disable.
  • Toggle to show only the 6.5 legal stages on the CSS
    • Only show Random + YS, BF, FD, FoD, DL, PS, KJ + Handwarmer stage????
    • Maybe permanently auto-strike the rest if actually clearing off icons is too much work?
  • Handwarmer Stage?
    • This is Carroll's idea, have some sort of stage that's specifically for handwarmers so commentators know exactly what's going on.
    • Maybe the All-Star teleporter stage? With disabled teleporter of course. Not sure if it has blast zones for when pause is off.
    • Is there any way for it to auto-toggle on time mode when the stage is chosen? So if you picked the handwarmer stage, you'd only get EXACTLY 30 or 60 seconds to warm up.
Now just for some of my personal suggestions:
  • Toggle off all items and trophies in Adventure, Classic, and All-Star
    • My theory is that this is what causes single player modes to freeze most of the time, since you've been replacing the trophy model data with costumes.
    • Disabling item spawns or just trophies would allow these modes to be playable
    • Single Player with no items would be sick.
Also, how exactly can I edit the logos on the CSS, Stadium, and Dreamland? I can't just open the textures in Melee Toolkit and replace them so how would I go about doing that?
Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

CSS Toggles:
I do think they eventually need to be restructured. Mainly, also, because I want to get SD Remix characters toggleable as well. I think the majority of the CSS complications would be fixed with having the default colors appear without needing to pick your token back up. It's kind of weird how the vanilla color function works because it doesn't constantly write CSP colors to be displayed when a character is selected. It constantly reads a value and displays that on-screen, but it is not constantly writing a color value to the read address.

This is not the case for when a character is highlighted and not selected. It is constantly writing and reading a color value (so if I tell it to stop writing a custom CSP color, it will write the normal value instead and immediately read (display) that one.

Idk if that made sense or not. But yeah, I need to think about this some more.

SSS:
Check out Jorgasms' newest work!

Handwarmer Stage:

I don't find the All-Star stage to be too necessary, and it doesn't have platforms/edges which some use on their warmups. I think the best handwarmer would be to handwarm on the stage you are about to play on and then do a salty runback ragequit. It might be cool to have a "Handwarmer" SSS toggle so when you select a stage, it puts 30 seconds on the timer and then automatically does a salty runback with 8min timer after the handwarmer ends.

I might end up putting the all-star stage as a selection on the hacked SSS screen, though. I have figured out how to disable the portal from ending a match.

1P Items/Trophies:

I think this is definitely doable and would be a good option in the Debug Menu. I'd just have to do the research for how to make this happen.

Textures:
You'll need to download Steelia's Stage Source Textures for a stage and then use DRGN's new texture replacement tools to put them into the files (using the offsets in the "Placements" files in Steelia's packs).

Pokemon Center Logo:
Texture: 40
Type: _14
Placement: 0x3e3a0

Dream Land Background:
Texture: 1
Type: _6
Placement: 0x1aac0

Here was my SmashBoards/Twitch background texture as a reference for the logo sizes/locations used.

How to Replace the CSS Closed Port Texture

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, do i have to have anything on my SD or is it just the recompiled iso that i need as evertime i go to USB loader GX it lets me click Mellee but when it does it goes to black screen then the wii's disk drive flashes blue until i turn it off. i play PM a lot and have never had problems running wii games off USB before. Is it maybe something in my usb loader settings? i want to go play in BEAST 5 but my mellee game is really bad so i need to sort that out and the 20xx hack seems key to that so any help would be much obliged. Cheeeeeeeers guys sorry about this (me and all 100 others above that have different problems)
you load the recompiled iso as if it were (was?) a normal one. it's not like PM. Thats why you have to recompile it. :D

...you can't have both. you have to overwrite the old one (dios mios) with the new one (dios mios lite) or vice versa via wad manager.

Last edited:

Elen

Smash Lord
It does in fact happen more in those vods. I don't have the time to have them at the moment, but I believe it happened 2-3 times total. It actually just happened in the second match I played after booting today. I am quite sure now that it happens when one player (usually player two but may sometimes be player one, note that player two is my only spoofed slot so perhaps that's relevent) selects a custom color using L on the character select screen. When the game loads, player two is still the standard color instead, and after a short amount of movement the game locks.

I'm going to rebuild my game again today to see if it fixes. Tested this on two wii's though, both had the issue happen after some testing.[/quote]

Last edited:

purasuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
patrickmooney
you load the recompiled iso as if it were (was?) a normal one. it's not like PM. Thats why you have to recompile it. :D.
yeah i figured but what settings should i have on my USB loader like ocarina cheats or whatever because it just wont come on. cheers anyway man

Last edited:

purasuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
patrickmooney
I think I remember reading that you cannot have them both at the same time and when you install one, the other gets auto-uninstalled if applicable.

i have the game stored on my USB and have dios mios devolution and another i can't remember right now but antytime i try to load it it just goes black screen and either the disk tray flashes blue for a bit or it goes to system menu. cheers!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Turn on Combo Timer. New competition :D
For some reason, waveshining to the left on the home run contest does not get past 1 on the combo timer?? Waveshining right works like normal? Weird.
Bug report:
When using endless friendlies, if you cancel the loading of the next game (using L+R+A+Y), the the next time you try to enter the character sect screen in versus mode a new game will automatically start instead of bringing up the character select screen. This doesn't happen if you quit during a game.
Makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.
Has anyone else have a problem where their 8 character tags are cut down to 6 characters after they are made? For example lets say I made the tag "ACHILLES" it would end up as "ACHILL"
See the 3.01 update list. Main post.
or do you literally mean the moment you make it, the cutoff happens?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Speaking of endless friendlies bugs, I forgot I had one.

So I was using the character cycle thing feature, and it worked beautifully until the match with the third selected character ended. Then it closed the port, and loaded the match. The matches from then on finished before they started, and the only way to get out was to press L+R+Start while it was loading a stage.
I've had this happen to me before, but didn't have the patience at the time to pinpoint the problem. So it seems to be the last random character slot... did this happen the first time that third character was chosen?

Endless Friendlies is actually freezing my Wii right now before I can even start a match. Not cool...

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I doubt tourneys would force players to play handwarmers on a specific stage. Also, I doubt they'd want to use a stage without ledges or platforms... I mean... that severely limits the basic practice that most people do during handwarmers.

Also, if you were in tournament why wouldn't you use the code that toggles off all the codes? Are the PAL characters included still when the codes are toggled off? Its the responsibility of both players to verify codes are off if you are playing in tourney on a modded version. Though maybe a visual indication of codes being off from the CSS would be useful for that purpose.
PAL characters can still be enabled with in-game codes off, which gives flexibility.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.

Are you sure?
I have both DIOS-MIOS and DIOS-MIOS LITE on my Wii and I can load from both USBs in the back and SD cards in the front. I've had both in at the same time too.

EDIT: If I think back when I installed ISO 236 I think I installed it in a spare slot. That might make a difference?

If you are having trouble with either just do a quick uninstall and reinstall.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Are you sure?
I have both DIOS-MIOS and DIOS-MIOS LITE on my Wii and I can load from both USBs in the back and SD cards in the front. I've had both in at the same time too.

EDIT: If I think back when I installed ISO 236 I think I installed it in a spare slot. That might make a difference?

If you are having trouble with either just do a quick uninstall and reinstall.
No, I'm not sure. This is from the official Dios Mios page:

"You can only either have DM, or DML installed to the internal NAND FS at once; not both. You can however use the latest revision of SNEEK DI to browse titles stored on both USB and SD, and launch either DM or DML automatically."

CeLL

Smash Lord
I've had this happen to me before, but didn't have the patience at the time to pinpoint the problem. So it seems to be the last random character slot... did this happen the first time that third character was chosen?
Yes. It would play a match as the first one, then one as the second one, then one as the third one, then close the port. It was the player 2 CPU that was rotating and was closed. And it did it consistently, every time I tried it. However, I haven't tried it except that one day.

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
Uhm i would need some help on a couple of "special" requests :)

Can i set the standard debug menu settings on the *.iso as well? I don't own a memory card right now, that's why im mainly using the 20xx hack :D.

Can i somehow make PAL-characters the standard ones?

I would as well like to hint somehow on the character selection screen that all characters are already PAL so there won't be any confusion for other people on the setup.

If someone can help me with this i would really appreciate it :)

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Uhm i would need some help on a couple of "special" requests :)

Can i set the standard debug menu settings on the *.iso as well? I don't own a memory card right now, that's why im mainly using the 20xx hack :D.

I would as well like to hint somehow on the character selection screen that all characters are already PAL so there won't be any confusion for other people on the setup.

If someone can help me with this i would really appreciate it :)
No offense, but this doesn't make many sense IMO, because only a few characters are available as a PAL version. If you would like to play PAL, play PAL. ;)

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
well all the important ones are availabe (falco/fox/marth/shiek/falcon). i would replace Ganondorf and yoshi as well and other than that there is no PAL character missing, also it shouldn't be that much work, in that sense there shouldn't be any reason not to do it.

Wagabooga

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0490-6302-8976
Yo, im having trouble getting this. I boot from dios mios and it will load to No memory card screen. I click ok and it lags really bad. after about 10 mins of loading i'll get to the screen that says press start. from there i go into main menu and nothing will move, music loops, and nothing loads. what is happening

Achilles1515

Smash Master
When I was talking to beanwolf I was thinking of the idea of a "Tournament Edition 20XX" one we could test drive at our MOAL weeklies.

Basically what I was thinking was a version that

- boots the CSS

- has an Rumble option at the CSS. (Like in the early 20XX versions. Only reason people would need to go back out of melee mode)

- no pal or special color slots for characters

- a stage selection screen with only the 6.5 legal stages. + (a hand warmer stage. See below)

- a dedicated hand warmer stage. (Something for our players to warm up on while waiting for commentary and/or commentary to clearly know it's a hand warmer. I think we meant the All star level just for the warp to the next stage thing. Idk if that can be messed with. Maybe we can get some use out of the Pokemon stadium with no transforms. Idk if you can change the look of one and not the other but that would be more then enough to warm up on.)

Let us know what's up
See my comments above to Beanwolf's post. Maybe you'd be interested in @ hectohertz hectohertz 's tourney codeset thing? Or Myougi's Netplay build might apply to this as well.

hi guys ive been trying to get the 20xx hack pack and i have a few questions first i have the 20xx 3.0 file and i tried burning it on a dvd disc and i burned it succesfully but it wont play on my wii i have a bootmii on my wii and a gc backup launcher and so im wondering why it wont work. any replys to this would be greatly appertained if need any other details or specifics i can definitely respond also ive already did the intructions on the video so idk what to do.
Can you play other burned games successfully? I played ISOs off of burned discs years ago, but then it just stopped working all of a sudden. I couldn't figure out the problem so I went to SD card and never looked back.

So this happened.
Lol, idk. Can you reproduce it? I think someone posted something similar to this on Battlefield a long time ago.

3.01 bug report:
you can make a lot of textures corrupted, but still have the game fully playable, its really weird, even the menus are ****ed.
Step 1, play a game on final destination with items on.
2. pause and ragequit within the first few seconds of the match, the game will crash otherwise. The pause screen textures should be corrupted.
3. certain types of textures or certain texture files are now corrupted (I believe it effects textures whos colors are determined by offsets, like pretty much everything in EfCoData.dat, and some other textures with transparency), the game works like normal, just dont go back to FD with items on.

Notes: it looks cool and you can play a legit match with it. Battlefeild looks awesome, mewtwos eyes turn pitch black, and I cant find away to reverse the glitch without rebooting the whole game. I am using dios mios lite with an SD card.

I think this has some useful applications too, it tells you what is and what is not this specific type of texture (for example fox and falcos laser barrel exhaust is not this type of texture) and it tells you how big certan textures are. Also the player number sign that appears when you are idle is affected by this, so I assume it can be edited. I kinda want this glitch to stay in or be an option because its really cool. Also WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN?!?!
Hehe, nice. Thanks for finding this! I've experienced this bug on my computer a whole bunch without even knowing it (due to switching save files to one that includes items on I think). I always just thought my Dolphin was just bugging out or something. I looked into it a little and the memory addresses corresponding to FD's stage colors that I thought were in the same place every time get changed during a match with items enabled. So it's trying to write a color value to a location that, apparently, controls something with game textures instead. Not real sure as to exactly why that causes such a huge graphical bug for the entirety of being powered on. I should be able to fix this if I can find pointers to the stage colors.

I can't get it to work on my setup, though. As soon as the match starts on FD it immediately freezes. I don't have time to press start at all.
Would it be possible for computers set to specific tasks (such as holding shield) to still be able to randomly DI on hit/throw and randomly tech?
Eventually, but not right now.

Yo, im having trouble getting this. I boot from dios mios and it will load to No memory card screen. I click ok and it lags really bad. after about 10 mins of loading i'll get to the screen that says press start. from there i go into main menu and nothing will move, music loops, and nothing loads. what is happening
Are you booting from an SD card? You probably just have one that is too slow to load Melee. What kind is it?

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
You can switch all of the characters out for their PAL versions permanently if you want to have this before Achilles adds all PAL swaps, if that happens.
PAL Chars.zip (except with NTSC Kirby, don't change him). This was from Sham Rock.
And if you want, you can put the NTSC files over the ones that are currently PAL for the characters that currently have PAL swaps. Achilles has a post somewhere with the file names. That way you can switch back to NTSC for a few characters.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ K kiw1
Yes, what CeLL said above.

You can use the files in the zip to overwrite those on your 20XX ISO and all the characters will be PAL by default. Then you could could replace the 20XX Pal character files with NTSC ones, so hitting R would switch to NTSC characters.
(also, ignore my comment in the quote about Kirby. Apparently the kirby file in there is modified to be like PAL)

20XX PAL Character File Names:
(can replace with any custom character file)
Code:
TyPit.dat....... PAL Marth (PlMs.dat)
ItCo.dat........ PAL Fox (PlFx.dat)
TyVirus.dat... PAL Falcon (PlCa.dat)
TyWario.dat. PAL Sheik (PlSk.dat)
TyOni.dat..... PAL Falco (PlFc.dat)

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
  • Change the toggle for alt costumes or PAL characters to something more complex
    • This is a similar problem to the "Hold A for Large Guns" issue. People just can't seem to keep their hands off the damn triggers on the CSS lol. We've actually had people in port 3 accidentally play PAL characters in bracket.
    • On top of that, people get confused when you tell them how to disable the alt/PAL character and they don't get instant visual feedback (until they redrop their token).
    • Carroll and I originally talked about toggling the CSS stuff all on and off, but I know that would probably be a TON of work, so I think making the toggles something like L + A or R + A, just something people will have to very consciously enable or disable.
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

I saw you had figured out how to change the default names of characters under their CSPs. Would it be possible to change it to "PAL" when a character is switched to their PAL version.

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
yeah i tried this and now the DIOS MIOS logo comes up after i select mellee and a green screen flashes for a sec and now it's just crashed. any ideas on where to go from here?
Do you have a PAL Wii? maybe the game tries to send the video signal it knows (ntsc, because it's ntsc). So you have to force PAL60 in the settings of your loader

purasuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
patrickmooney
Do you have a PAL Wii? maybe the game tries to send the video signal it knows (ntsc, because it's ntsc). So you have to force PAL60 in the settings of your loader
I do have a PAL wii i am going to try this right now. thanks! fingers crossed haha

EDIT* Tried to force pal 60 but the same thing happened again :( thanks anyway!

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I do have a PAL wii i am going to try this right now. thanks! fingers crossed haha

EDIT* Tried to force pal 60 but the same thing happened again :( thanks anyway!
You're not trying to run with codes enabled or anything like that, right? Can you recheck the Dios Mios version you installed and post those details here.

Try a different loader as well. like CFG loader or something.

Last edited:

purasuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
patrickmooney
You're not trying to run with codes enabled or anything like that, right? Can you recheck the Dios Mios version you installed and post those details here.

Try a different loader as well. like CFG loader or something.
soi tried another GC on a hunch, and it turns out it works fine (except when it's saving it'll crash) so i'm assuming i messed up with the recompiling (even though i followed the read me) is there anything else it could be. the other GC game was US version and i'm using USB loader GX as when i tried CFG it kept telling me i have not got enough space on my SD even though i'm launching from usb. thanks for all the help btw and i'm hoping i can play your pack soon!

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
@ K kiw1
Yes, what CeLL said above.

You can use the files in the zip to overwrite those on your 20XX ISO and all the characters will be PAL by default. Then you could could replace the 20XX Pal character files with NTSC ones, so hitting R would switch to NTSC characters.
(also, ignore my comment in the quote about Kirby. Apparently the kirby file in there is modified to be like PAL)

20XX PAL Character File Names:
(can replace with any custom character file)
Code:
TyPit.dat....... PAL Marth (PlMs.dat)
ItCo.dat........ PAL Fox (PlFx.dat)
TyVirus.dat... PAL Falcon (PlCa.dat)
TyWario.dat. PAL Sheik (PlSk.dat)
TyOni.dat..... PAL Falco (PlFc.dat)
I did this and it works.
It was really troublesome though, but worth it ;)
Yay for permanent PAL 20XX

Also I tried and editing the Banner.
GCRebuilder wont accept the .bmp though.
I even tried exporting the banner from the Iso and import the very same file but that didn't work either. Any idea how do get around this?

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
@PGH Carroll heres the link to my codeset:
http://pastebin.com/x1CVe42E

save that as GALE01.GCT, and put it in your codes folder. will only work with a vanilla melee 1.02 iso.

codes included:
- stage striking (press Y on SSS to start striking, X to strike a stage, Z to reset. Y strikes down to whatever stages are on the Random Stage Select).
- toggle rumble from CSS (up to turn rumble on, down to turn rumble off. you'll know rumble is on b/c your CSS portrait will have a white background)
- neutral start on all tourney legal stages for singles and doubles
- skip char select screen (necessary for neutral start to work, b/c i used an old version of neutral start). the stars on the CSS after a match indicate the placings from the previous game.
- boot to CSS
- default tournament rules
- all chars + stages unlocked

i've been running tournaments with this for weeks now, haven't had any issues, and ppl seem to really like it. i can post the GALE01.TXT file if youre interested in making changes (i gotta find it >_<)

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
also @achilles minor bug report:
when playing with frame counter on, i've sometimes encountered a strange bug (doesn't seem to happen all the time, if it happens more, i'll try to come up with a better repro): percents all freeze, and are no longer changable. for instance, i'll do one ledgedash ,then the percents will never change after that. sometimes it happens before i can ever do a ledgedash. once the percents are frozen, ive been unable to change them at all, doing damage to the other characters doesn't effect their displayed damage, nor their actual damage (knockback never seems to grow). again, this only happens *sometimes*, if it keeps happening, i'll see if i can get a more repeateable setup for this. also im on 3.0

Top Bottom