• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
achilles, the files you included to fix the falcon debug menu glitch worked thanks very much!

in its current form, is it possible to make the cpu ALWAYS tech and not miss a tech sometimes? I see where you can adjust the distribution of tech options IF the cpu techs, but is there a way to make the cpu never miss a tech?

Smapo

Smash Rookie
I got a little idea for the 20XX pack that I'd like to just throw in here:
Would it be possible to make character hitbox bubbles flash red(or any other color) for the timings for Samus Super WaveDash and Marios UpB walljump?

Last edited:

Akli LT

Smash Rookie
the songs that are not vanilla melee songs included in the 20xx 4.0 beta 01 build dont play sometimes. they work fine on dolphin. idk what the problem is? this also happens when i replace hps files in a normal melee iso. is it diosmios? am i rebuilding the game incorrectly?

JustJoe

Smash Rookie
Alright I'm doing everything it said to do and I did it like five times and it still won't work. Is there any small part someone left out that they could explain to me

Nox.

Smash Rookie
Wait. Why should v1.00's be the default if it differs from the tournament-legal v1.02...?
Wondering the same thing... it just makes sense to start with v1.02, the value 99% of smashers use daily.

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
It looks like a lot of people here are having trouble getting the new version of 20XX to work! I put together a quick video guide for everyone who learns better from watching video directions.

I'm sorry if it's a little hard to understand; my allergies are destroying me today! I tried to speak as clearly as I could.

Last edited:

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
For the record, I used my files from the the previous version of 20xx when creating the new iso, everything worked for me without a hitch. So just to confirm, you should be able to use your old 20xx iso files for the new one (I don't have a vanilla 1.02 disc, I only have a 1.01, so I'm kinda stuck with the 20xx files).

Only problem I've found so far (after spending 10 or 15 minutes playing) is my game froze when trying to reset back to CSS while playing on dream land. I assume this was because I tried to turn on the random stage textures for dreamland, and that might have caused it.

I also think the debug menu is really overwhelming, there's a ton of options and a lot of text...but I guess we might just have to live with that, I'm not really sure there's a good way to simplify any of it.

Will give more feedback when I can.

Dorito Remix

Smash Rookie
don't get me wrong, 4.02 is great and all...

but how are we supposed to 20xx if the CPU doesn't even know how to smash DI like any decent human can?

there should be a setting where you can choose how often (for example every 3 frames) the CPU inputs a smash DI, and then the direction should just be randomized between left, right, up, down... something like that is a requirement for 20xx to become a reality. hax, i, and i'm sure others too, desperately need this

Last edited:

Steps_

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to get 20XX running on Dolphin (4.0-7840). Everything seemed to be working fine. I followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyr8h_67s7I

Whenever I try and start a match, after selecting the stage, I get this warning: "IntCPU: Unknown instruction 02000301 at PC = 80003314 last_PC = 80001f18 LR = 800c6308"

Did I do something wrong? What does this mean?

EDIT: I have to go to work now but thanks in advance to anyone who helps, I will try stuff out in 4 hours when I am home

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Wondering the same thing... it just makes sense to start with v1.02, the value 99% of smashers use daily.
With it as v1.02, some moves don't quite work as they should (even in vanilla Melee). A few become almost completely ineffective. This mostly only affects low tiers, thus v1.00 is slightly more balanced for the game. You can read more details about it here.

It looks like a lot of people here are having trouble getting the new version of 20XX to work! I put together a quick video guide for everyone who learns better from watching video directions.

I'm sorry if it's a little hard to understand; my allergies are destroying me today! I tried to speak as clearly as I could.
Does this not work for you?:
Ok; fixed & updated the Beta02 build. Sorry about that. I mostly put that together on my lunch break earlier, so I couldn't test it. Problem was that the new dol file didn't download correctly, so that just broke everything, lol.

- Updated DOL file (Name Entry Additions)
- Fixed GrNKr.1at & GrNKr.2at
- Added Hyrule Maze Stages
- Updated MnSlChr (TrackPreview)
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat
- Fixed GrNFg files
Please specify which build you're using when submitting bugs.

The download is just 4 files. I opted out of using the GUI and wrote a simple script instead, to make things even simpler. So, after downloading and unzipping the download, all you need to do is drag-and-drop your vanilla 1.02 ISO onto the script, and your 20XX 4.0 Beta02 ISO will be automatically generated. If you don't know what version your vanilla ISO is, or need to convert it, you can look here.
If not, are you using 32 or 64 bit Windows? And can you confirm the MD5 of your vanilla ISO you're trying with it?

I'm trying to get 20XX running on Dolphin (4.0-7840). Everything seemed to be working fine. I followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyr8h_67s7I

Whenever I try and start a match, after selecting the stage, I get this warning: "IntCPU: Unknown instruction 02000301 at PC = 80003314 last_PC = 80001f18 LR = 800c6308"

That video is really old and doesn't apply to this new version of 20XX. Try this.

[/QUOTE]
For the record, I used my files from the the previous version of 20xx when creating the new iso, everything worked for me without a hitch. So just to confirm, you should be able to use your old 20xx iso files for the new one (I don't have a vanilla 1.02 disc, I only have a 1.01, so I'm kinda stuck with the 20xx files).

Only problem I've found so far (after spending 10 or 15 minutes playing) is my game froze when trying to reset back to CSS while playing on dream land. I assume this was because I tried to turn on the random stage textures for dreamland, and that might have caused it.

I also think the debug menu is really overwhelming, there's a ton of options and a lot of text...but I guess we might just have to live with that, I'm not really sure there's a good way to simplify any of it.

Will give more feedback when I can.
I wouldn't recommend this. I could be wrong, so I'll let @achilles give the final word. But this could introduce differences between your copy and the "normal" or expected 20XX 4.0 Beta (so you might run into problems, yet your bug reports would then essentially be based on a different build than what achilles is using). For example, if in the old 20XX there was custom code in a file that now has NO custom code in the new 4.0 beta (meaning the file wouldn't be replaced, because it should be vanilla).

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't recommend this. I could be wrong, so I'll let @achilles give the final word. But this could introduce differences between your copy and the "normal" or expected 20XX 4.0 Beta (so you might run into problems, yet your bug reports would then essentially be based on a different build than what achilles is using). For example, if in the old 20XX there was custom code in a file that now has NO custom code in the new 4.0 beta (meaning the file wouldn't be replaced, because it should be vanilla).
I understand, I was just letting people know in case they were in the same boat as me, or had concerns with their vanilla files being incorrect. Basically, even if you're files aren't vanilla, the iso should still run, meaning if you can't even get that far, its not likely the file replacements you're using that are causing your problem

Last edited:

Nox.

Smash Rookie
With it as v1.02, some moves don't quite work as they should (even in vanilla Melee). A few become almost completely ineffective. This mostly only affects low tiers, thus v1.00 is slightly more balanced for the game. You can read more details about it here.
I understand that v1.00 is more balanced, but nobody ever uses that version otherwise when playing. I guess I'm more confused as to why you'd make the balanced version the default when it's not the most common/pretty much only version used. Same reasons you have it set to NTSC instead of PAL as default. PAL may be more balanced, but it's much more common to use NTSC. If you're going to train/practice using v1.00, then play v1.02 in tournament, it's going to be a little weird, and the training won't be as effective. Same reason people don't use SDRemix as a means to practice. Just because ganon can upb out of sideb in that version doesn't mean practicing with it is going to help in the future on v1.02.

I guess it's just a matter of preference. I think, logically, it would make more sense to keep the default hitlag setting what the default and most common setting would be outside of the 20XX mod.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

EDIT: I have to go to work now but thanks in advance to anyone who helps, I will try stuff out in 4 hours when I am home
Try going into Dolphin and turning off the Global Netplay Settings in the AR codes. (Right click on 20XX in Dolphin > Properties > AR Codes). 20XX defaults to 4 stock/8mins. I know I always got errors like that after messing with the debug menu and trying to play a game. Never had them after turning off the Global Netplay Settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nox.

Smash Rookie
Try going into Dolphin and turning off the Global Netplay Settings in the AR codes. (Right click on 20XX in Dolphin > Properties > AR Codes). 20XX defaults to 4 stock/8mins. I know I always got errors like that after messing with the debug menu and trying to play a game. Never had them after turning off the Global Netplay Settings.
I also recommend going into a hex editor and switching the value in the ISO.hdr from gale01 to galeXX or something similar, so your dolphin won't confuse 20XX with the vanilla melee.

Hikori

Smash Rookie
I have a request that i would like to ask. Since last year it has been recently discovered that you could program the frame inputs for the parry while your in real time. http://smashboards.com/threads/gecko-code-p1-yoshi-number-of-frames-in-parry.420517/#post-20372560 (Link is here). Would it by chance be possible to add this code to a built in 20xx file? or can i just do that manually? I don't want to have two diff iso's just to practice this and have your 20xx @achilles1515
I feel bad for quoting this just to make sure it gets seen but it's one of those things where yoshi players could really use this, please achilles- Be a bro for us yoshi's~

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Hey Achilles! I was just wondering why the model Hacked FD from smash 4 and the Model Hacked Yoshi's on the Model Hacks thread were not included? Was it too demanding of the GUI?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord

One issue I was having was that I couldn't get Nintendon't to register my 20XX ISO until I renamed it to "game.iso". This has been the case with all previous versions of 20XX for me, but it might be a Nintendon't -specific issue (I'm guessing USB loaders are fine with it?). Might be good to include as an annotation, in case I'm not the only one who experiences this.

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
One issue I was having was that I couldn't get Nintendon't to register my 20XX ISO until I renamed it to "game.iso". This has been the case with all previous versions of 20XX for me, but it might be a Nintendon't -specific issue (I'm guessing USB loaders are fine with it?). Might be good to include as an annotation, in case I'm not the only one who experiences this.
nintendont requires it to be named game.iso. That's intended, not an issue lol.

Steps_

Smash Rookie
It was under "gecko codes" for me, but that totally worked. Thank you!

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
One thing I'd like to see is have a full list of all of the commands you can do in 20XX, there's just so much to remember, and they're so many cool features too!

Will we see a full list posted once 4.0 is out or maybe even in the debug menu itself?

Last edited:

Nox.

Smash Rookie
One thing I'd like to see is have a full list of all of the commands you can do in 20XX, there's just so much to remember, and they're so many cool features too!
they're listed in the debug menu. you can go to training codes > in-game code toggles. it has the whole list along with the option to turn them on. they're also listed here, http://i.imgur.com/YbOvw80.png . these are the codes for 3.02, but I'm pretty sure they're the same.

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Achilles, I and my friends noticed below.

1. Species shine of SD Remix are exchanged with each other
2. CPU doesn't move when use cpu action command
3. CPU Species doesn't shine after tech and getup.

are you rewriting CPU code?

Nox.

Smash Rookie
Achilles, I and my friends noticed below.

1. Species shine of SD Remix are exchanged with each other
2. CPU doesn't move when use cpu action command
3. CPU Species doesn't shine after tech and getup.

are you rewriting CPU code?
I'm assuming this is just not finished yet, as it is still in a beta state. I wouldn't recommend using this version for practice on anything other than DI and basic follow ups to be honest. I'm sure it's being worked on as much as possible.

Acryte

Smash Ace
@achilles1515 Dude, finally finished moving and driving from Virginia to Oregon. The Beta 4.0 is amazing work. Awesome stuff. One gripe I have though with the new color system is that you have so many colors for things that you want to be similar. For example, like before you could have standing and crouching and in the air but not in stun animations all be the same color. Etc. Would it be possible to where you have both the color and the state be selectable? That would really seal the deal.

SillyGoose

Master of QWOP
So if I replace the hacked, one platform jungle japes stage on the second sss with an identical version that has the water running under the stage, it automatically removes the water. GrGd.0at can be replaced in this manner with no problems.

Have GrGd.1at and GrGd.2at been coded somehow to remove the water? It would be nice to have some kind of workaround.

NMH

Smash Rookie
Bug in Beta 4.0, first version. Hacked Mute City (Icon looks like battlefield?) on the second page freezes my game, I'm running Nintendont on console.

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
Bug in Beta 4.0, first version. Hacked Mute City (Icon looks like battlefield?) on the second page freezes my game, I'm running Nintendont on console.
You probably rebuilt the ISO wrong. I use nintendont on my Wii without any issues with the hacked stages.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Why is it that in the Beta 4.0 compiled with DRGN's tool that the stage texture hacks only work for battlefield? I can play some of them in the hacked stages, but battlefield is the only one that shows up when I use the menu option to change it. Also I think the Actionstates would be much easier to isolate if they were in alphabetical order.

Last edited:

XxSmashM4sterxX

Smash Cadet
Cyborg Ninja Falcon was one of the best things ever in 20XX, pls get rid of that ****ty F-Zero skin and bring Cyborg Ninja back.

Last edited:

copke

I Just Got This Controller
NNID
copke46
3DS FC
1049-0983-0823
Whenever I turn off my wii and turn it back on my settings in the debug menu don't save, how can I fix this?

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Why is it that in the Beta 4.0 compiled with DRGN's tool that the stage texture hacks only work for battlefield? I can play some of them in the hacked stages, but battlefield is the only one that shows up when I use the menu option to change it. Also I think the Actionstates would be much easier to isolate if they were in alphabetical order.
Other missing / unhooked things off the top of my head
Debug Menu
- Texture Hacks --> Battlefield is the only one that I have written code for yet. Also missing things like Rainbow Shine.​
really wish people would read

Last edited:
Top Bottom