• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Any news on getting 20XX onto a Gamecube Memory card?
I basically know how to use it, but I'm not working on it at the moment. I'm definitely finishing up this new release before putting any effort into it. And the memory card hack is much less robust (codewise) than using an ISO, and a lot of what will be in this new release would not be compatible with mem card hack. I do want to eventually make a "20XX Lite" for memory card, though.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
2846B108 00000061
043d2cd8 506c476e
CC000000 00000000
E2100000 00000000
043d2cd8 54795079
E2000001 00000000
Can I get a quick rundown of this code? I do want to know how this works, and maybe some extra information I'd need if I wanted to do something like this:
20 alt costumes for purin for purin packs? :awesome:
e~ maybe I'm going too fast? let me know. :c

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
2846B108 00000061 //if player 1 input = L+R+D-Pad Right
043d2cd8 506c476e // write 0x506c476e (those are ASCII characters for "PlGn") to RAM address 0x803d2cd8
CC000000 00000000 // "switch" codetype, or whatever.
E2100000 00000000 // else
043d2cd8 54795079 // this is ASCII for "TyPy" , write to same location as above
E2000001 00000000 // end-if

0x803d2cd8 in RAM is equivalent to 0x3cfcd8 in the DOL.
Capture.PNG

That code switches the filename for Ganon's data everytime you press the button combination.

Last edited:

Astrumqt

Smash Rookie
I basically know how to use it, but I'm not working on it at the moment. I'm definitely finishing up this new release before putting any effort into it. And the memory card hack is much less robust (codewise) than using an ISO, and a lot of what will be in this new release would not be compatible with mem card hack. I do want to eventually make a "20XX Lite" for memory card, though.
Sweet! Really looking forward to that. 20XX on Gamecubes will open the possibility of using the hacked stages in tourney.

Doq

Smash Lord
043d2cd8 506c476e // write 0x506c476e (those are ASCII characters for "PlGn") to RAM address 0x803d2cd8

View attachment 23731

That code switches the filename for Ganon's data everytime you press the button combination.
So I would just write more if statements if I wanted to do this, say, 20 times? lol @ 20 different button combinations

and where does the 61 come from as a controller value? (I would guess 40+20+1)

teach me the way of alt costumes achilles-sempai

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 23731

If we change this, can we made alternatecostumes for all colors of all characters !?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So I would just write more if statements if I wanted to do this, say, 20 times? lol @ 20 different button combinations

and where does the 61 come from as a controller value? (I would guess 40+20+1)

teach me the way of alt costumes achilles-sempai
See attached file.

If we change this, can we made alternatecostumes for all colors of all characters !?
1) the above code is for changing player data files, not costumes. So in the above code, you could replace TyPy.dat with, say, an SD Remix Ganondorf PlGn.dat file and you could switch between them. (Except that SD Remix is for 1.00...so that wouldn't work :( )

but you could change the PlGnNr.dat line (see the picture above) to some trophy name and set that to a button combination and that will change his normal costume to a custom one. This is essentially how I do alternate costumes.

2) You would definitely run out of Gecko code lines before accomplishing this for every character costume. You would want to do it with ASM code injected in the DOL.

-------------------------------------------

Bottom line.........
I have toggleable PAL characters in the game now. And a bunch more alt costumes - All thanks to the discovery I made two days ago about finding a bunch more space. I spent all day yesterday working on this.
It pains me that SD Remix is not for 1.02, because I could put those characters in at this very moment! (Strictly speaking of their modified player files - ASM code like the frame speed mod would need to be tweaked for 1.02 and also have a check for if that character has the SDR toggle on/off).

Also, I just did some investigating and found out how to change character's CSP portraits on the fly. I think I know how to rig together some code to, essentially, double the amount of CSP portraits available. It would just take awhile to get the structure down for this and there's still a lot of research to do, so I'm not going to work on it right now.

In the below picture, I switched the pointer's (just two lines of code) from Black Marth CSP to point to Black Bowser CSP. (This was with some hacked MnSlChr, obviously). Now imagine if we had more CSPs stored later in the RAM that we just pointed to instead...
Capture.PNG

Attachments

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
controller things
And what about modified colors on the CSS? Would that just be an interim code line between:

^ here and here v
^ here and here v

?

shuall

Smash Apprentice
I wrote 00 to the entire area of 4079b0 - 408f30.
It has a whole bunch of ASCII that seems to be talking about debugging the game or something. It mentions USB a few times (???). I'm guessing it's code/pointers that are used when using some sort of device to debug the game.

After I wrote 00 to that section, I threw some code in there and tested it. Confirmed working on console. I have a feeling there is more around there (maybe below 408f30) that can still be taken out.
You may be able to 0 out the first 2 data sections. As far as I know, they are debug sections, but I haven't tried removing them yet. First one starts at 3B3140 and is 0x1A0 bytes, second one starts at 3B32E0 and is 0x280 bytes. Not a lot of space, but may be useful in the future.

Last edited:

CaptainFabulous

Smash Cadet
Does the 20xx hack pack not work if you dont have a memory card? I load up the iso just fine in dolphin but when I load the iso from my wii its just like a normal game of melee

hectohertz

Smash Ace
Does the 20xx hack pack not work if you dont have a memory card? I load up the iso just fine in dolphin but when I load the iso from my wii its just like a normal game of melee
its not dependent on memory card at all, your wii either doesn't have the correct iso or something else is wrong

hectohertz

Smash Ace
or it's playing from disc.

I've been messing with the debug menu structure tonight (probably exactly what InternetExplorer was doing earlier)....it all makes sense now....
btw i was playing with the ledgedash practice code, its awesome. so useful, ive already figured out where i was slow, and its helping to practice. it doesnt work with my 20xx build though, i have to use it on a vanilla copy

Achilles1515

Smash Master
btw i was playing with the ledgedash practice code, its awesome. so useful, ive already figured out where i was slow, and its helping to practice. it doesnt work with my 20xx build though, i have to use it on a vanilla copy
lol...that one is s**t compared to the one that will be in the next release. It's so worse in comparison that I am completely taking it out.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I got yet another suggestion.
How about a toggle of a "bubble" that represents all the given character's hit boxes represented at once. That bubble should change emediatly when ever that character is airborn. (and disappear when that character is in hitstun?)
It would help learning spacing at a faster rate.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I wanna report a bug too.
I have been playing around in practice mode with save/load state. The game often freeze up and I have to restart. I tried using a version with no alternate costumes with same results. Sometimes the P2 (set to human) also begins to walk forward at all times. It's guaranteed that the game will freeze if that character hangs on the ledge and I click load state.
On that note would it be possible to reload states exactly as they were? I notice that the scenario doesn't replecate 100%. I think it only applies to horizontal placement or something. Not the way that given char is facing and something more.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I've got yet another suggestion.
How about a toggle of a "bubble" that represents all the given character's hit boxes represented at once. That bubble should change immediately when ever that character is airborne. (and disappear when that character is in hitstun?)
It would help learning spacing at a faster rate.
That's a lot of hitboxes at once, even if they were melded together. I think it would be hard to tell what hitbox goes where. Maybe just show specific ones like Marth's fair and fsmash?

Last edited:

alphabattack

Smash Apprentice
Is there going to be a code for upb OoS in the next release? Cause that would be nice to know.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
That's a lot of hitboxes at once, even if they were melded together. I think it would be hard to tell what hitbox goes where. Maybe just show specific ones like Marth's fair and fsmash?
ok maybe I described it poorly.
My idea is very simple. The bubble shape should simply be an thin outline of all the hitboxes combined.
Should I draw a picture?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
ok maybe I described it poorly.
My idea is very simple. The bubble shape should simply be an thin outline of all the hitboxes combined.
Should I draw a picture?
I don't think anyone on here knows enough to make new objects appear on the screen. All of the visual hacks we've done are just editing pre-existing textures

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Okay I finally got it working with Beanwolf's method, however I did install Dios Mios. Now whenever I try to play Melee with the disc, it loads the menu, but when I try to go to VS mode the game freezes at Now Loading. Did I just somehow corrupt my copy of Melee or does it have to do with how I installed Dios Mios?

Doq

Smash Lord
Okay I finally got it working with Beanwolf's method, however I did install Dios Mios. Now whenever I try to play Melee with the disc, it loads the menu, but when I try to go to VS mode the game freezes at Now Loading. Did I just somehow corrupt my copy of Melee or does it have to do with how I installed Dios Mios?
DIOS MIOS completely changes the way Gamecube games are loaded. If installed, there is NO way to load games from disc, or you'll experience severe problems loading from disc.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
DIOS MIOS completely changes the way Gamecube games are loaded. If installed, there is NO way to load games from disc, or you'll experience severe problems loading from disc.
I noticed this. Is there a way to undo it at all? (Not that I care, I have a Gamecube. Just curious. )

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
I thought you could still play discs from the DVD drive as long as it was through DIOS MIOS. And i can still start Melee from the disc, but it just freezes after I select something from the main menu. I also don't have DIOS MIOS on my USB, but it is installed on my Wii.

Doq

Smash Lord
I noticed this. Is there a way to undo it at all? (Not that I care, I have a Gamecube. Just curious. )
Get rid of DIOS MIOS. Use Nintendont, it doesn't have this limitation. And it supports GC Ports ^.^
I thought you could still play discs from the DVD drive as long as it was through DIOS MIOS. And i can still start Melee from the disc, but it just freezes after I select something from the main menu. I also don't have DIOS MIOS on my USB, but it is installed on my Wii.
No. It just how it was made.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I use Dios Mios but I can still play from a disc just fine. I thought I was going to run into those problems, but then I tried loading my Melee disc from the normal wii menu to test the Crazy Mod and it worked.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Reworked my first code and did this. I haven't messed around with this too much but I think we could see alternate textures for stages in the future. Here's one for Pokemon Stadium (default) and Pokemon Stadium (achilles's cloud 9 texture without transformations).

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
I use Dios Mios but I can still play from a disc just fine. I thought I was going to run into those problems, but then I tried loading my Melee disc from the normal wii menu to test the Crazy Mod and it worked.
What is this Crazy Mod? Is that an alternative to DIOS MIOS?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Reworked my first code and did this. I haven't messed around with this too much but I think we could see alternate textures for stages in the future. Here's one for Pokemon Stadium (default) and Pokemon Stadium (achilles's cloud 9 texture without transformations).

Dude, nice! I was thinking about doing this with stages. It's probably at least a good idea for PS no transformations, like you did. Love it.

What is this Crazy Mod? Is that an alternative to DIOS MIOS?
No. it's a Melee hack from a few years back that can be loaded onto gc/wii from a memory card. Google/youtube it.

xJin678

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to remove the Twitch / Smashboards logo on Dreamland and keep Marth's sword color default on the start.dol? If those were options on the debug menu that would be even better. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work, Achilles!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is it possible to remove the Twitch / Smashboards logo on Dreamland and keep Marth's sword color default on the start.dol? If those were options on the debug menu that would be even better. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work, Achilles!
Dreamland:
Replace GrOp.dat in your ISO with an original one. Or remake the ISO from vanilla and delete the GrOp.dat in the 'File Replacements" folder.

Marth:
1) Open your DOL in a hex editor.
2) go to offset 0x1330f0 and change it from 4BECCFD4 to 94650008

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Sorry that I haven't been too active over the past few days.

1) I'm on a trip in Pennsylvania.
2) I've been working on hackin' up the debug menu and completely customizing it. It's tedious and time consuming (and fun...), but will be worth it. SO WORTH IT.

I really want to give you guys a sneak peek, but I don't want to spoil anything! :)

Elen

Smash Lord
Sorry that I haven't been too active over the past few days.

1) I'm on a trip in Pennsylvania.
2) I've been working on hackin' up the debug menu and completely customizing it. It's tedious and time consuming (and fun...), but will be worth it. SO WORTH IT.

I really want to give you guys a sneak peek, but I don't want to spoil anything! :)
This sounds amazing, so excited! Give us spoilers :D

Top Bottom