• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thanks For Playing 2 - July 20th, 2013 - Ijamsville, Maryland

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Price:
$10 Venue Fee ($5 with a full setup)
$10 Teams Entry ($10 per person)
$10 Singles Entry

Event times:
11:00- Venue opens
12:00- Doubles signups (PM and Brawl)
12:30- Doubles begins (PM and Brawl)
3:00- Singles Signups (PM and Brawl)
4:00- Singles begin (PM and Brawl)
5:00- 64 signups singles and doubles
6:00 - Doubles 64
7:00 - Singles 64
10:00- Tourney ends

Brawl Stage Ruleset: Strikes will be done in 1-2-1 fashion and each player will receive 1 ban from the respective stage list.
Starters:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
--------------------
Counter picks:
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

Prize Payouts:
Singles
1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th/5th: 2.5%

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
Rules:
General Gameplay:
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
  • All sets in bracket with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals will be best of 3 matches. The finals matches will be a best of 5.
  • Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, we prefer using the G&W Hammer method to determine who gets to choose.
  • You may switch ports on your counterpick. If you do not do this on your counter pick, you may not do it on game 3.
  • BYOC (Bring your own controller). I recommend having a spare, just in case. If you don't have one, I might have a few for sale.
  • Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
  • Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
  • If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
  • Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
  • If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it.
  • A match ending in simultaneous death does not go to the initiator. If the result is sudden death from this, use the normal tiebreaking rules (to follow) to determine the winner. Otherwise use who the game declared the winner.
  • Coaching mid-match is banned. Coaching between rounds is legal
  • You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a Counterpick in a set unless your opponent agrees to it.
  • Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal.
Brawl Rules:
  • 3 Stocks
  • 8 minute timer
  • Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned
  • 40 LGL for all characters. Only applies in a match that ends in time.
Doubles Rules:
  • Team attack is set to ON
  • Stock sharing is permitted
:018:

cvmerchanary

Smash Rookie
Wondering if you could have singles in the afternoon. I have SAT's that day, but I need to be in a Smash Tournament. I haven't been in one since like 2008.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yeah I assume that would be plenty of time.

Thanks,
Christian
Excellent. Bring your friends! There will be a pro and amateur bracket plus pools so everyone will get their money's worth :).

Expect to play around 5-6 matches for tourney (Including pools and brackets).

cvmerchanary

Smash Rookie
Excellent. Bring your friends! There will be a pro and amateur bracket plus pools so everyone will get their money's worth :).

Expect to play around 5-6 matches for tourney (Including pools and brackets).

Sweet, and my siblings Jonah and Summer go down there for Yu-Gi-Oh every week so they should be there too!.

Few questions:
What is the G&W hammer rule?
Is spamming allowed? Jonah does this sometimes. -_-
What decides if you are amateur or pro?
How much would controllers (GCN) cost? I have wavebirds but I think they are past their prime with my c-stick obsession.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Sweet, and my siblings Jonah and Summer go down there for Yu-Gi-Oh every week so they should be there too!.

Few questions:
What is the G&W hammer rule?
Is spamming allowed? Jonah does this sometimes. -_-
What decides if you are amateur or pro?
How much would controllers (GCN) cost? I have wavebirds but I think they are past their prime with my c-stick obsession.
There is no :gw: hammer rule. If you hit people with a 9 then good job!

Spamming is allowed. It's completely avoidable. If your opponent is getting hit by the same thing over and over keep doing whatever you're doing till they adapt.

Amateur and pro brackets will be dependent on your pool seeding. Ideally, if we have around 20-30 people, we would do pools of 4. Everyone plays each other in the pool in a best of 3 set. 1st stage is on a neutral. 2nd stage is chosen by the loser of R1. 3rd stage is chosen by the loser of that round if the set is at 1-1. Amateur bracket will be based on the players who got the 3rd and 4th seeds in pools. Amateur bracket as you would expect, has a smaller pot for the top placings, but it gives everyone the opportunity to try their hardest in every setting and assures fairness.

Controllers will be sold by The Tantalus (Scott Robertson) and he charges around 20-25 I believe for his controllers. All are working controllers.

BYOC: Bring your own controllers to the tourney because those will be the ones you will be using in the tourney. You may use ANY controller except for turbo ones.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
DAM YOU PRICES!!! I ONLY HAVE 15 BUCKS IN CASH!!!
If you bring a setup then you pay $5 venue (2 setups gives you a full discount). With your remaining $10 just enter singles O_O.

If you really need an extra $5 or something then I'm sure someone could spot you.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Thanks for playing 2 will be on July 20th and feature brawl, PM, and 64. Schedule for that is tentative.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Can the SSB64 events be added to the schedule please? (they are on the facebook event)
A bunch of people are coming from NJ for SSB64. Can anyone help them with housing for 1 night?

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Ill try to be here for some M, hope to see everyone there.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Quick question Seagull. Upon reading your response to cvmerchanary questions I assume there will be pools at this event. Will the pools just be for vanilla Brawl or for Project M as well?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Quick question Seagull. Upon reading your response to cvmerchanary questions I assume there will be pools at this event. Will the pools just be for vanilla Brawl or for Project M as well?
No pools for this event. That was last event and we did not get enough entrants.

Also, don't say vanilla brawl lol.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm game. Lets see how bad I am at this now :)

P.S. Lookin for a team mate as well. Lemme know if you are interested.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
No pools for this event. That was last event and we did not get enough entrants.

Also, don't say vanilla brawl lol.

Lol my b, still getting into this new project m limbo. Also one more question came up, since project m 2.6 is coming out tomorrow will the tourney be running 2.6 or 2.5b? Personally I'd prefer 2.5b since that's what I'm comfortable with since 2.6 coming out 3 days before the tourney but 2.6 works to.

Top Bottom