• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tha Shrimp 003 - November 16th, 2013 - Baton Rouge, LA

D

Deleted member

at 511 laurie lynn drive, baton rouge, LA 70819 (my house)

including P:M teams, P:M singles, Melee teams and singles, and melee draft crews.

Registration starts at 11:00 AM. The first event start at 12:00 P:M. please try and show up by 11:30 so we can actually start on time for once. events will probably follow as such, but are subject to change if previous tournaments are slower than anticipated. they will how ever start NO EARLIER than the times posted. so if you want to play a tournament, and you show up by that time, you're good.

times

p:m teams - 12:00

p:m singles - 1:30

melee teams - 3:30

melee singles - 5:30

awesome draft crews with special rules and prizes - 7:00

entry fees are as follows:

p:m teams: $2 per person ($4 per team)

p:m singles: $3

melee teams: $3 per person ($6 per team)

melee singles: $5

melee special draft crews: $??

all the rules are normal. we've been doing this for too long to type it again.

MDSR is in effect.
Pausing will be a 1 stock loss if the opponent chooses to enforce this rule.
should probably just turn pause off.

all matches will be 2/3 except winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals which will be 3/5.
the person coming from loser's will have to win two sets in grand finals.

come out and have fun.

wobbling is allowed

bans for 2/3 games. no ban for 3/5

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
i really want to come to this, but me and my friend are probably going to rent a house around that time, so I may be stripped for cash.

D

Deleted member

P:M teams will be the side event. tournament starts at noon. get here at 11 to get set up and registered. it would be amazing if this actually started on time. i would love it if everyone showed up before noon, even if you don't want to play P:M. get everyone here, play friendlies, have everything run smoothly. if anyone wants any entree fees raised, let me know. i like to keep the numbers low though

D

Deleted member

but i honestly think its a big mindgame. there are probably 8-10 people that will enter p:m no matter what. but there are another 8-10 more that will enter if its super cheap. i figure we will probably lose as many entrants as we get in extra pot money. so in the end, winners take home the same amount of money but the tournament is much smaller.

Sudai

Stuff here
Iunno, it really depends on how many people come out for this one and how many of them are melee exclusives. I feel at Tha Shrimp 001 raising the entry fee would have hurt the post while at That Shrimp 002 it would have made it bigger. That makes this one a big toss up and I just randomly picked 5 instead of 3 cause **** it lol.

The real prize is having a mini-army of slaves.

D

Deleted member

also i need set ups. for real. i currently have 5 crts, 2 melee set ups and 1 p:m set ups. so bring a wii with pm and melee preferably and if you can fit it, a crt. i have space for about 7 tvs. so if i get 2 more tvs it will be perfect. and as many melee/pm set ups as possible please. ty

Sudai

Stuff here
For the P:M entry, really I think we should just say $5 at the start, if not a lot of people enter we can bump it down to $3 and give people money back/use it for later entries. I'll keep track of that if you want to do it so it's not an extra head ache.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys, it looks like I won't be able to make it. I got my oil changed today and the mechanic pointed at that my serpentine belt is ready to break. i really don't want to risk totaling my car on the 300+ mile drive with no driver's license. this really bums me out because I want to hang out with you guys again

I promise you I will make tha shrimp 004, quote me.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Pretty good chance I'll make this, after all. Things are being dumb on the job front and the guy I'm crashing with wants his place to himself saturday anyways, so it all works out.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Fyi taylor, my car may have to miss teams (which makes me sad). I'm going to try to talk to the hiring manager at jaques imo's tomorrow, which I apparently can't do till 2:00. So I may be able to make 3:30 or I may not depending on how that goes. Singles and crews should be no problem though (and I'll let you know when we do head out in case we can make it in time).

Top Bottom