• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Technique to cancel "pushed off ledge" animation

cFive

Smash Apprentice
(This might have been found already, i'm not sure tho...)
So, good players started to grab the ledge immediatelly after their opponent does to push them off and punish them, either immediatelly, or when they wanna grab the ledge again (without invincibility).
(You can also roll on the stage, use the jump or the hit right after you grabbed the ledge, however, there is another option!)

Recently I discovered a nice technique to cancel that animation where you (usually) have lag and can't do a thing, by walljumping right when you get pushed off the ledge!

Here's a small video (sorry for bad quali):

How to perform:
At the right moment (spamming also works) press the controll stick into the opposite direction of where the ledge is (in case of the video, right). It sounds really simple (and it is) but you have to react fast enough and get the timing right! It was alot easier to get with Mario than with Shiek.

First of all, this does NOT work with every character and not on every stage!
The char obviously needs to be able to perform a walljump, but I dont even think all walljump-chars can do this. I only tried a few, of which only Mario and Shiek were able to do it!
Regarding the stages, I think it should work on most stages with a flat wall at the ledge. Also, I remember clearly that I was able to do it with Shiek on Final Destination a few times but I wasn't able to do it again right before I made the video. The difficulty of this definitelly varies from char to char, maybe also from stage to stage.

Since this is a normal walljump you can basically do everything right after it and maybe use that to punish your opponent for grabbing the ledge! The future will tell how usefull this really is...
I was too lazy to go through all the chars and stages, partly because I don't have the tools to make a nice video about it. Maybe some of you want to look deeper into this.

Cheers

Last edited:

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
Oooh, neat. Makes me sad Zelda doesn't have a wall jump. I hadn't seen anything about this before. Thanks for the video, too.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
Wow this is very neat indeed. If this is brand new, this should definitely go into the competitive section for advanced techniques. Hoping Falcon can do this. I also assume you get your air jump back since you grabbed the ledge too.

cFive

Smash Apprentice
i wasnt quite sure where to post it and i didnt find an AT thread..
if you think this belongs to the competitive section, maybe an admin can move the thread there..? :)
maybe it would also get more attention that way! :p

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Wow, this is definitely cool.

Smash 3DS techniques, keep comin~

Top Bottom