• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tata Hack Pack V.1.0C (Perfect Pivot, DACUS, and MUCH more) Update!

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Introduction:
It has returned. For the past 10(!!!) months I have been working on a modpack by myself with one goal in mind, make the game more balanced through buffs and big character changes/ overhauls that other mods like SD Remix stay away from while retaining an aspect of competitive play. (introduction now with less ranting!)

Specifics:
Now onto the good stuff of the modpack itself. I have some old notes mixed in with new notes below.

I have also included stage hacks for Fourside, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, Temple, Big Blue, Yoshi's Island 64, Great Bay, and Jungle Japes. If any of the creators of these content do not wish for their modification to be included, send me a pm and I'll remove it from the next installment.
The changelog and important overall update notes are also below.
Some screenshots of some of the things I have done can be seen below. You can download the latest version of this modpack here:
Download:
[Download Link] [Mirror Link](Sorry my original download link wasn't working. I was temporarily hosting the download for Melee Light.)
Screenshots:

Changelog:
Instructions:
1. Download the modpack.
2. Extract it with an archiving program like WinRAR.
3. Get the rest of the instructions from the file instructions.txt in the extracted folder.
Updates:
V.7 Has been released! With that comes many changes, I have fixed a bug not allowing me to add Luigi, Ness, and Fox to the CSS, I have done major visual changes to things like stages, css, and some menu items. I did some light effect modding and added a few texture hacks. I've severely cut Bowser's endlag on most of his moves and I gave mewtwo a sexkick for his nair and less endlag on his tilts among other things.
V.7B Added Link and mario.
V.8 Fixed the update log from saying V.7B was V.8 (Thanks for nobody noticing :D ) Allowed all characters, added ganon and peach.
V.8A Switched Frame speed modifier engines, Buffed the hell out of bowser.
V.8B Added footstooling to Roy (Going to add it to them all eventually, just a test) a small hitbox near his feet on the first two frames of the double jump that sends the opponent downwards, does one damage. Also first frame of double jump is invincible.
V.8B.1 Now mario, game&watch and Captain falcon can footstool, mario is now a semi-clone of Ryu.
V.8B.1.A Hotfix.
V.9 Modded Kirby, Fixed Falco's f-smash infinite, Fixed Ganon's utilt. Birthday Patch! Woo Woo
V.9A Changelog has been moved to https://docs.google.com/document/d/13pfEfSJnoAa2IgZ743XxJPuuNVGpN9wdGCb4r2PUX_w
V.9B Removed lots of bull**** https://docs.google.com/document/d/13pfEfSJnoAa2IgZ743XxJPuuNVGpN9wdGCb4r2PUX_w
V.9C Remove Dash attack teleporting, added "DACUS", modified DK, YL, Doc, and other characters. Read the change log in the link above.
V1.0Beta Every character has been modded INTENSELY. Balance is much more of a thought when developing this patch, straying away from unneeded bs, completely restarting character with no hope. Many gamewide changes.
Rebound FSM: .25x -> 1x
Meteor cancel window changes from frame 8 to frame 25!
Smash charge length: 60 -> 59.
Smash charge Damage increase rate: 350 -> 356
Unless smash charge damage increase is used is some sort of weird exponentional function, fully charging a smash attack should deal roughly the same damage as before. (356 was rounded from 355.5833333333333333)
(Exceptions:
Ness up-smash/down-smash
Peach F-smash
)
Turning now retains momentum This means true perfect pivoting!
This also meaning retaining momentum from things like wavedashing for ledge-hogging is quite easier. Also you can minimize the loss of momentum to almost nil if you frame perfectly turn into a turn which I dub “Turn-gliding”. Example of this with fox, whos turn animation takes 11 frames.
Wavedash to the right and hold left, when first turn starts you have until the eleventh frame to start holding right to do another turn, and with that turn you also have until the eleventh frame to start holding left and so on.
You can also edgehog by cancelling a pivot with a crouch near the ledge. The timing for this is not very hard. Otherwise you can just ‘perfect pivot’ ledge hog.
Also that one pm tech where you roll to the ledge and hold in that direction to grab the ledge works. (May be very hard or impossible with some characters. Ness is very hard if even possible)
Catch dash(Dash grab) FSM: frame 20, 1.25x
Airdodge(Wavedash) landing lag: 10 -> 8
New Spawn platform! http://i.imgur.com/nUzW9qI.png
V 1.0: Lots of tweaks have been made to characters to better balance them with the massive buffs given in 1.0 Beta. No huge nerfs have been made. Many music and texture hacks have been added.
V 1.0B: LOTS of stuff. Balanced mewtwo and jigglypuff a lot. CHECK IT OUT.
V 1.0C: Fixed a bug with yoshi's up-b, balanced shiek, and some other neat stuff.

Gamewide Changes:
Electrical hitstun modifer increased from 1.25x to 1.75x
More Max Hitstun
Faster tech rolls
Slower shieldstun animations (more shieldstun)
Slower shield drop animations (not the tech, just simply dropping your shield)
Everyone has walljumps,
Limited the css to only allow the currently modified characters
random characters default to captain falcon
8 character nametags, press x to allow lowercase letters
Same costumes are allowed
Longer dash animations
64-esque throws, the first 20 frames of a throw are now the first 50 frames. (This does NOT affect chaingrabbing in 1v1)
Footstooling for select characters:
Formula for hitbox size of footstool is
7.38 per weight unit
You can now grab ledge before ledge intangibility is over.
Notes&Stuff:
READ THIS STUFF, ITS USEFUL.

Random notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13pfEfSJnoAa2IgZ743XxJPuuNVGpN9wdGCb4r2PUX_w
VERY useful notes above.​

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I'm making a changelog right now, I'll make a vid after I'm done.

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
Oh you poor, poor thing. You have all these projects to finish!!! How will you ever survive?

You could at least try talking to me once in a while if you want me to help you with stuff. Not making contact with me for months and then whining that I'm not doing anything is absurd and not fair.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
You guys have SOOO much more hype for melee minus than my hack pack(legit I've gotten 3 people to play this with me on netplay), yet all I've seen are "What If" videos. :/

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
TBH the only reason why I even started on this project was because you guys were taking forever.

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
Installed this about a half hour ago, having fun trying out the changes(Pichu is my favorite so far). Well done, tata c:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Have added a dank form of footstooling for Roy only atm.

Last edited:

fizzleDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
fizzleDX
3DS FC
4141-4080-3072
when is the tournament gonna be? my friend has my controller adapter and he's giving it back to me at smashcon

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
when is the tournament gonna be? my friend has my controller adapter and he's giving it back to me at smashcon
Sometime very late august, right now I have it for August 29 but the exact date is pretty flexible rn. If you can't make it on a certain day I can change it. :)

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I am planning a future update for when I am no longer on vacation, *About 2 weeks*, I plan to replace dash attacks with a defensive option and replace rolling with an offensive option, allowing dash "roll" cancelled grabs(perhaps I'll have it have frame 1 or 2 intangibility but lots of endlag?) and hopefully better OoS options with "Roll attacks"

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
xA6A0: (00 00 00 1E) is the time the spawn platform lasts for.

xA47C: (00 00 00 1E) is the length of ledge intangibility.

xA478: (00 00 00 1E) is the length before you can regrab the ledge.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Tata PlCo.dat documentary(ongoing):
xA6A0: (00 00 00 1E) is the time the spawn platform lasts for
xA47C: (00 00 00 1E) is the length of ledge invulnerabilty
xA478: (00 00 00 1E) is the length before you can regrab the ledge.
You should make a google doc

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I randomly add stuff to this list when I see it.

Code:
Some PlCo.dat offsets

0x9fe0    0.28 = joystick & c-stick x-axis dead zone
0x9fe4    0.28 =  joystick & c-stick y-axis dead zone
0x9fe8    0.25 = joystick X needed for cardinal direction change button timer data
0x9fec    0.25 = joystick Y needed for cardinal direction change button timer data
0x9ff0    0.30 = L/R analog dead zone
0x9ff4    0.35 = L/R analog stored when pressing Z
0x9ffc     40 = tech dead window (cannot tech for 40 frames after performing a tech)
0xa024     4 = (dashing) frame at which fsmash interrupt window ends
0xa02c     20 = (dashing) frame at which dash attack interrupt window ends

0xa050     0.6625 = minimum +Y joystick axis value to tap jump
0xa054     4 = max frames since joystick cardinal direction change into Y-axis for tap jumping

0xa0c4     7 = l-cancel, frames before landing to hit L/R/Z
0xa0c8     2 = l-cancel, animation speed division
0xa174     20 = max number of frames of hitlag
0xa178     .333 = damage multiplier for frames of hitlag
0xa17c     3 = base hitlag
0xa180     .667 = hitlag multiplier on crouching?
0xa184     1.5 = electric element hitlag multiplier
0xa188      18 = max DI effect, I think

0xa1fc       0.55 = y joystick window for up-b and down-b (negated)

0xa230     20 = window to tech after hitting L/R
0xa288     .75 = power shield size ratio
0xa28c     .5 = reflected projectiles damage multiplier

0xa2f4     -0.7 = min Y joystick for spotdodge
0xa2f8      4 (int) = max frames since joystick cardinal direction change into Y-axis for spot dodging
0xa430     0.3 = nudge players, x coordinate addition
0xa444     .66 = Y joystick for shield dropping (negated)
0xa448     6 = max frames since joystick cardinal direction change into Y-axis for shield dropping (doesn't SD if hold count is greater than or equal to 6)

Grounded Attack Element (ex. DK side-b)
0xa5e0     9 = reduction per input (frames)
0xa5ec     0.7 = multiplier for damage in bury formula
0xa600     18 = frames of invincibility on exit

0xa668    480 = super/poison mushroom timing, frame length
0xa66c     100 = damage percent compare when obtaining mushrom
0xa670     180 = super/poison mushroom timing if  > 100% damage (I think)

0xa748     130 = disable walljumping after riding wall for this amount of frames
0xa74c     0.8 = joystick x axis min value for walljumping
0xa750     3 = max frames since joystick cardinal direction change into x-axis for walljumping & spot dodging
0xa754     5 = frames of "stick to wall" during walljump

0xceb8     P1 shield color
0xcebc     P2 shield color
0xcec0     P3 shield color
0xcec4     P4 shield color

0xcecc     P1 death flash color
0xced0     P2 death flash color
0xced4     P3 death flash color
0xced8     P4 death flash color
0xcedc     CPU death flash color (?)

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I randomly add stuff to this list when I see it.

Code:
Some PlCo.dat offsets

0x9fe0    0.28 = joystick & c-stick x-axis dead zone
0x9fe4    0.28 =  joystick & c-stick y-axis dead zone
0x9fe8    0.25 = joystick X needed for cardinal direction change button timer data
0x9fec    0.25 = joystick Y needed for cardinal direction change button timer data
0x9ff0    0.30 = L/R analog dead zone
0x9ff4    0.35 = L/R analog stored when pressing Z
0x9ffc     40 = tech dead window (cannot tech for 40 frames after performing a tech)
0xa024     4 = (dashing) frame at which fsmash interrupt window ends
0xa02c     20 = (dashing) frame at which dash attack interrupt window ends

0xa050     0.6625 = minimum +Y joystick axis value to tap jump
0xa054     4 = max frames since joystick cardinal direction change into Y-axis for tap jumping

0xa0c4     7 = l-cancel, frames before landing to hit L/R/Z
0xa0c8     2 = l-cancel, animation speed division
0xa174     20 = max number of frames of hitlag
0xa178     .333 = damage multiplier for frames of hitlag
0xa17c     3 = base hitlag
0xa180     .667 = hitlag multiplier on crouching?
0xa184     1.5 = electric element hitlag multiplier
0xa188      18 = max DI effect, I think

0xa1fc       0.55 = y joystick window for up-b and down-b (negated)

0xa230     20 = window to tech after hitting L/R
0xa288     .75 = power shield size ratio
0xa28c     .5 = reflected projectiles damage multiplier

0xa2f4     -0.7 = min Y joystick for spotdodge
0xa2f8      4 (int) = max frames since joystick cardinal direction change into Y-axis for spot dodging
0xa430     0.3 = nudge players, x coordinate addition
0xa444     .66 = Y joystick for shield dropping (negated)
0xa448     6 = max frames since joystick cardinal direction change into Y-axis for shield dropping (doesn't SD if hold count is greater than or equal to 6)

Grounded Attack Element (ex. DK side-b)
0xa5e0     9 = reduction per input (frames)
0xa5ec     0.7 = multiplier for damage in bury formula
0xa600     18 = frames of invincibility on exit

0xa668    480 = super/poison mushroom timing, frame length
0xa66c     100 = damage percent compare when obtaining mushrom
0xa670     180 = super/poison mushroom timing if  > 100% damage (I think)

0xa748     130 = disable walljumping after riding wall for this amount of frames
0xa74c     0.8 = joystick x axis min value for walljumping
0xa750     3 = max frames since joystick cardinal direction change into x-axis for walljumping & spot dodging
0xa754     5 = frames of "stick to wall" during walljump

0xceb8     P1 shield color
0xcebc     P2 shield color
0xcec0     P3 shield color
0xcec4     P4 shield color

0xcecc     P1 death flash color
0xced0     P2 death flash color
0xced4     P3 death flash color
0xced8     P4 death flash color
0xcedc     CPU death flash color (?)
Nice, mind if I like quote this or something for my big documentation file?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
RAR has been added as a character specific tech, (once there is a new build of crazyhand it will be a global tech)

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Alright so I've been inactive for a week or two but I'll be releasing an update within a week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom