• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Such a Pure Wind, Talim 4 Smash

Does this convince you she should be in Smash

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Now you may be asking who is Talim?

Talim is a character from the famed fighting game series, SoulCalibur, making her debut in II, She is a priestess of the wind and looks to destroy Soul Edge for its evil influences, She also seeks to help her friend Hong Yun-Seong from being influenced by the swords evil powers with little avail
Pros
  • Talim is a popular character from the Soul series, even landing no, 1 in the recent character popularity poll
  • Talim's innocent and pure personality will be a welcome change in the roster as it adds more uniqueness to it
  • Talim's first appearance was Soul Calibur II and in the Gamecube version that is where Link from the Legend Of Zelda makes a guest appearance, so She has some leveage
  • Talim can bring a unique moveset to the roster and with her shoulder blades she won't be just another stock sword wielder
  • Soul Calibur is a series that has not been represented in ANY way in Smash yet, and its a Namco best seller
  • This can build up hype for the next game
  • This can turn many others back to the series to show that its not dead
Game Appearances
Pink-Nintendo
Green-Non Nintendo
  • Soul Calibur II
  • Soul Calibur III
  • Soul Calibur IV
  • Soul Calibur Broken Destinies
Movesets
Specials-B moves
Neutral B-Dual Sword Stab- Talim backs up by two steps then dash forward with both of her swords stabbing the opponent, she can be hit when backing up, but when it hits it paralyzes the opponent for a few seconds, and when it hits a shield it damages it quite a bit (Damage: Low 8-10%/Knockback: None/Effect: Paralysis)

Side B-Lunging Slash- Talim jumps at the opponent and when she is above them she slashes down, causing the opponent to fly in the other direction, but she cannot recover in mid-air so she can't do this off stage or else she can't recover[kind of like Little Mac's side B](Damage: Moderate 12-16%/Knockback:Low)
Down B-Wind Tunnel- Talim lifts her hands up causing a small tornado to appear in front of her, it spins nearby opponents and prevents them from attacking, it also lowers damage of projectiles (Damage:Low-Moderate 2-12% depends on how powerful it is/Knockback:None/Effect: Trap & Lowers Damage)
Up B- Pure Wind- Talim is carried a large distance upwards by wind but is unable to attack or dodge while this is happening (Damage: None/Knockback:None)
Ground Moves-
Jab- Slash right, Slash Left, Dual Blade- Talim slashes the opponent horizontally with her left blade, then her right blade, then she hits the opponent with both right on the head

Side tilt-Shoulder Bash- Talim bashes the opponent causing the opponent to slide away from her
Up Tilt-High Kick- Talim kicks the opponent in the air allowing her to juggle them
Down Tilt- Blade Sweep- Talim sweeps the opponent at their legs causing them to trip while running
(All Smash attacks her swords light on fire)
Side Smash-Unbreakable Stab- Talim stabs the opponent causing them to fly off- screen and take a considerable amount of damage
Down Smash-Blade Seal- Talim stabs both sword in the ground causing a small wave to damage any opponents near her
Up Smash-Blade Wave- Talim swings her blades upwards causing a small tunnel of wind to damage her opponent a little bit before sending him flying
Dash- Talim slashes at the opponent
Aerials
Neutral Air-Swinging Blade- Talim swings her blade in place damaging people near her
Up Air-Shoulder Shield- Talim defends herself from whats above her allowing her to take spikes but at the cost of falling faster
Back Air-Backflip Hit- Talim does a backflip in the air sending the opponent behind her flying if caught in it
Forward Air- Frontflip Hit- Same as backflip except only for opponents in front of her
Down Air-Downward Slash- Talim slashes downward spiking anybody below her

Stages:
Village of the Wind:

Soundtrack:
Guided by Wind-(SoulCalibur II)- http://i.ytimg.com/vi/oI9y5n6UnnU/hqdefault.jpg
Pure Breeze-(SoulCalibur III)- http://i.ytimg.com/vi/oI9y5n6UnnU/hqdefault.jpg
To the Wind-(SoulCalibur IV)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouElQUX8i30

Arguments Against Talim
Talim isn't a good Namco Rep
Uh, yes she is, She's the number 1 favorite Soul Calibur Character, a series which hasn't been represented in Smash yet, and is one of their best sellers
Soul Calibur is Dead, Awful and Doesn't deserve a Rep
Woah, were did you hear that from? All Soul Cal games with the exception of the Two Ls are great, even V, and if its dead how do you explain the Popularity Poll, which isn' t for *Nope not saying it*, Huh?
She only appeared on Nintendo consoles once
The only legit complaint here,Yes she only appeared once on the Gamecube,but she also guest starred with Link, which should boost her chances, hell that was her debut, which should boost it even more

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd love any Soul Calibur to join the game whether it's Sophitia or Nightmare. Talim is someone I can get behind since she's one of the more interesting female characters and is surprisingly one of the few to not be overtly sexualized.

Wind, guide me! :awesome:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Love to see this post and that you went with your heart, unlike some who want Nowi but support Tiki instead. While I am on full support on Sophitia, I do agree that Talim would bring something new to Smash. Her style would be refreshing as someone in close combat but using a weapon compared to those who use swords or do close combat empty handed. Please add me to your support list. I know there is not much support for Sophitia, but I still want to support the cause of others.

Again, I can imagine her as a more offensive Sheik kind of character.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Love to see this post and that you went with your heart, unlike some who want Nowi but support Tiki instead. While I am on full support on Sophitia, I do agree that Talim would bring something new to Smash. Her style would be refreshing as someone in close combat but using a weapon compared to those who use swords or do close combat empty handed. Please add me to your support list. I know there is not much support for Sophitia, but I still want to support the cause of others.

Again, I can imagine her as a more offensive Sheik kind of character.
I know some of wants are a bit far fetched to some people, did you even see my Silver thread replies:smirk:, but i go with what I want, and never give up on them until its over

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sadly no, haven't seen your Silver thread; and oddly right now Talim may have bigger chances than Silver to get in. Next to Talim, from SC I believe Viola can bring in something new as well, but Rosalina kinda has the style I imagined for her.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Sadly no, haven't seen your Silver thread; and oddly right now Talim may have bigger chances than Silver to get in. Next to Talim, from SC I believe Viola can bring in something new as well, but Rosalina kinda has the style I imagined for her.
Yun-Seong has some crazy kicks and flashy moves which makes him a huge candidiate in the originality factor

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's really unlikely that we'd ever get a Soulcalibur rep in Smash, but if we did, I think Talim is a possibility because she was introduced in Soulcalibur 2, aka the only main Soulcalibur on a Nintendo platform.

We should just get all of Nightmare, Talim, Raphael, and Mitsurugi.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Yun-Seong has some crazy kicks and flashy moves which makes him a huge candidiate in the originality factor
Sorry for asking, but why not make a thread on Yun-Seong? Then again you might want to go full Talim, I too wish to make more threads but knowing how the ballot is, I am concentrating on a single one.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
While I don't really see the Soul Series getting a rep in Smash until another Soul games gets on a Nintendo system, I like the idea of Talim in this game. She could be a very maneuverable character. I might have to try and make a moveset for her later. >w>

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
It's really unlikely that we'd ever get a Soulcalibur rep in Smash, but if we did, I think Talim is a possibility because she was introduced in Soulcalibur 2, aka the only main Soulcalibur on a Nintendo platform.

We should just get all of Nightmare, Talim, Raphael, and Mitsurugi.
Oddly, before Snake got in; I was under the idea the first guest would come from SoulCalibur. As Link was in SC2.

slambros

Smash Ace
Might as well support one Soulcaliber character, knowing how much I enjoyed IV. I'll support Talim if there's a supporter list. Why not.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Man my poll is kinda back and forth with each yes vote theirs a no
Welcome to my world, though my thread has no poll.

About your B+Up, it kind of reminds me of Mega Man's third Up B with the Tornado. Also not sure if you wish to give a better title to the thread like "Wind guide us" or something alike.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm kinda conflicted. Yes Talim is a fan favorite from Soul Calibur but I feel like her not being in V, is kinda big. The most recent games of franchises are what Sakurai picks from. Soul Calibur is kinda dead. No new game was announced and V kinda killed the francise.

>Bias
I'd rather see Seong Mi Na, Leixia, or Viola, but that's just me

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
I'm kinda conflicted. Yes Talim is a fan favorite from Soul Calibur but I feel like her not being in V, is kinda big. The most recent games of franchises are what Sakurai picks from. Soul Calibur is kinda dead. No new game was announced and V kinda killed the francise.

>Bias
I'd rather see Seong Mi Na, Leixia, or Viola, but that's just me
Okay
1. Soul Calibur is NOT dead each Soul game takes a 3-4 year life cycle meaning it should come out 2016-17, and it just had a popularity poll
2. V sold over a million, which can keep it alive so it didn't kill it
3. Talim appears in 4 games which is more than enough
4. Sakurai never specifically stated he chooses the most recent games in the series
5. V is still a good game it just disliked by veterans due to character cuts

Top Bottom