• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tails over Metaknight

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
As far as making a moveset, one of the best ways to start is to brainstorm some ideas for attacks so you know where to start when you program him and to see if he can be a unique character. Also, cosmetics are more for later when the moveset is almost done and you're ready to release. Also, as far as a model goes, there's a nice generations Tails with Brawl textures rigged over Sonic with expressions and everything. It's made by KTH on brawl vault. The only changes you would want to make are adding bones to the tail and animating them, since right now they're rigged to Sonic's tail. Also, I suggest that you do start planning out the moves since that determines what character you'll want to use as a base. I haven't made PSAs before so I can't help with that, but I hope this helps you get started.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Yeah, i was thinking that we should use KTH tails model and we will plan out some great attacks.i dont know how to make movesets though but i can brainstorm some good moves though!

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Did you guys consider using this model?

It's just the brawl one but he'd fit in with sonic perfectly!
Oh I also have an idea for a good voice. It's his voice from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Any sonic character in that game has great voice clips that would fit in, in brawl

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Did you guys consider using this model?

It's just the brawl one but he'd fit in with sonic perfectly!
Oh I also have an idea for a good voice. It's his voice from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Any sonic character in that game has great voice clips that would fit in, in brawl
It looks nice but heres the problem:
-No emotions
-Harder to rig
So we are going to use KTH model and textures which looks great.
However, we can use it by
-Giving fixed textures
- Add expressions to the model
-Sphere model
But thats hard to do

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Speaking of Brawl Tails, he will get the same costume treatment as sonic did in brawl but with a few extra colors. Also, i agree on the olympics voice, that sounds great though.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
It looks nice but heres the problem:
-No emotions
-Harder to rig
So we are going to use KTH model and textures which looks great.
It's already been done, it's the one over:metaknight:. They were able to rig from tails animation data from :greenhill:. I have it and I tend to forget that he doesn't have emotions b/c he looks so awesome! And there is a knuckles over:jigglypuff: that is also the brawl version knuckles (also from green hill zone)

Any way they were able to create emotions for him, it looks cool I have it but unfortunately it was probably a lot of work. But I guess feel free to use KTH's..

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
It's already been done, it's the one over:metaknight:. They were able to rig from tails animation data from :greenhill:. I have it and I tend to forget that he doesn't have emotions b/c he looks so awesome! And there is a knuckles over:jigglypuff: that is also the brawl version knuckles (also from green hill zone)

Any way they were able to create emotions for him, it looks cool I have it but unfortunately it was probably a lot of work. But I guess feel free to use KTH's..
I know it has already been made but i was planning tails over metaknight in Project M.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Don't know if he'll help, if at all. One time he ignored me about asking to update the Jet over Yoshi PSA with this model

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Why Meta Knight? Would Wolf be a better choice? He already has two tails, and there is a PSA of him over Wolf already, if I recall.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I wouldnt think so.. How about Jigglypuff or Lucas? If not, then we will use tails over metaknight as a base for the PSA.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Bases are usually chosen based on what actions the character needs to do for attacks, grabs, jumps, etc. For instance, if you wanted a character to have a command grab (one where pressing A during the animation affects the outcome) you would have to choose a vanilla character that can already do that. Same with FS transformations having to be on a transforming character. For Tails, I would suggest using a multi-jump character such as Metaknight or Pit for true multi-jumps, and then look into their abilities if you want to implement special actions. Later, you can use rel porting to put Tails over other characters. Also, as far as models go, I suggest using Generations models since the Brawl ones have bad textures, low polygons, blank-staring faces, and look poor compared to the vanilla playable characters. By the way, if you're just trying to "PM-ify" the PSA using roughly the same moveset with a new model and better animations, you could just change values to match up with PM characters (knockback, jump height, speed, start up, end lag...).

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I see. So, we need to find a PSA maker/animator (XChosenOne1?), a rigger to rig the tails so they're not stiff (unknown), and, well, a moveset to make. I'm a fan of Sonic games as well and am familiar with many games that include Tails (Advance, Tails' Adventure, Adventure, 06, etc.) So if you want, I could make a Google Doc on Drive with a draft of Tails' moveset later today and we could make some changes here and there. We just need a rigger, and then we can start. Any Suggestions? Also, has anyone pmed XChosenOne1 to see if they could help?

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I pmed him. I got the attacks now.
Netural Attack: 2 jabs, then a multi hit jab
Side tilt: Like sonics, expect faster and stronger
Dash Attack: Drop Kick
D-Tilt: Swipes his Tail
Utilt: A uppercut kick (Not a flash kick)
Side Smash: Lets his hands out then slaps
Up Smash: Boxing glove comes out of ground and does uppercut
Dsmash: Swipes his tails 2 times in a circle
Nair: Like Sonics NAir expect it stays still with a slash effect
FAir: Takes out the huge looking boxing gloves from Sonic battle then hits the enemy
BAir: Like Sonics but a double kick thats fast and a bit weaker
DAir: Same as sonics
UAir: Like Marios Uair
NSpec:Fires his arm cannon
SideSpec: Does a long range weak spin dash but in air, sends him helpess
Dspec: Uses dummy rings or(opitional) spin dash thats slower and weaker with more range than sonic
UpSpec: Takes a flight, simple enough
Final Smash: Turns super tails with the flickies from Sonic 3 and acts like sonics fs expect weaker, slower and easier to control
You think for the taunts and damage, physics and crap. I took alot of notes from STF.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Your moveset reminds me a little of the Blaze and Shadow PSA. Because they share moves with :sonic:. The Knuckles and Silver one don't. But it's good that you like clones because I'm sure Sonic characters would be clones of sonic if they were actually playable.
Hopefully XChosenOne1 answers you back because I couldn't think of anyone else nice enough and one that likes sonic characters so much.
You should look at his videos too to see what characters he's worked on. https://m.youtube.com/user/XChosenOne1

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone is going to reply to PMs or help you unless you start the work first. You're essentially just asking someone to do it all for you. I suggest you either take a PSA and start editing it, or take one of the Tails on the BV that have already been rigged over characters like Sonic, Dedede and Fox, and start editing those characters' Project M movesets.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
First, XChosenOne1 hasn't been active on Brawl Vault yet since before you messaged him. 2nd I'm sure he'll help you but you should also cooperative with him and yes do some of the work when he tells you are just ask what can I do to help you

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
So i dont know how to make sawnd files, i dont know how to do PSAs BUT i do know how to make textures and CSP. You guys do the PSA while i make the renders and textures.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
You know, since nobody will reply, how bout we use sonic as a base for tails moveset? I will make the voice file, csps and im done with textures. Were even going to use the same final smash so i have a super tails final smash.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
No, i got a person in brawl vault whos helping me, not chosen one. And plus, the sawnd file i did was TOO LOUD.And plus, i cant do PSAs since itll turn into luckster f*$%.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Well, ill ask him later after 2 days when the psa is finished. After he creates the PSA, we gotta PMify it, then 2 days later, your request.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
http://imgur.com/a/F7s3R

Made some CSPs!
BTW, me and the PSA maker are using the tails over metaknight PSA as a base, to make things easier, and to make the PSA even better, we are using the Tails model by KTH and hes rigging it over. since we were using the psa as a base, heres the attacks i want changed even though hes already doing it:
Netural Attack: 2 jabs, then a multi hit jab
Side tilt: Like sonics, expect faster and stronger
D-Tilt: Swipes his Tail
Utilt: Same as sonics, expect one kick and a slash hit box
Side Smash: Lets his hands out then slaps
Up Smash: Boxing glove comes out of ground and hits upwards
DAir: Same as sonics
UAir: Like Marios Uair
FAir: Same as sonics

What do you think? :)

Last edited:

GeneralIndividual

Smash Rookie
You could use his model from sonic generations. The model is fully rigged and has a poly count of around 19,000. Reducing the polygon count would only take a few minutes in maya, as there is already a tool dedicated to that task.

Model link (models-resource.com/pc_computer/sonicgenerations/model/2618/)

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Actually, the model we have for tails which is KTH model, does use the generations model, expect with a poly count around i think 17500, uses brawl textures, a bit smaller and PERFECTLY RIGGED.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Alright, the KTH model got rigged, but its not fully done yet, still in beta. Were getting there.

GeneralIndividual

Smash Rookie
Actually, the model we have for tails which is KTH model, does use the generations model, expect with a poly count around i think 17500, uses brawl textures, a bit smaller and PERFECTLY RIGGED.
Alright, the KTH model got rigged, but its not fully done yet, still in beta. Were getting there.
I'm kinda confused. With the model being around 18,000 polys, wouldn't that cause lag during gameplay? Not trying to knock any work put into this mod but the generations model is professionally rigged and textured. All you would have to do is reduce the poly count. Using this program (Balancer nPro) I reduced the poly count to 12,000, 10,000, and 8,000 polygons respectively. Not only will it ensure that the game doesn't lag, but it also gives you more space for more animations. The same could be done with the Ridley as I read that the creator ran out of space for some animations.

Org Model

12,000 Polygons

10,000 Polygons

8,000 Polygons - You start to lose detail around this point.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I'm kinda confused. With the model being around 18,000 polys, wouldn't that cause lag during gameplay? Not trying to knock any work put into this mod but the generations model is professionally rigged and textured. All you would have to do is reduce the poly count. Using this program (Balancer nPro) I reduced the poly count to 12,000, 10,000, and 8,000 polygons respectively. Not only will it ensure that the game doesn't lag, but it also gives you more space for more animations. The same could be done with the Ridley as I read that the creator ran out of space for some animations.

Org Model

12,000 Polygons

10,000 Polygons

8,000 Polygons - You start to lose detail around this point.
Just to be stupid, i didnt know the poly count lol
But it never lags, i give you that

Top Bottom