• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swag Samus Combos

Pud'N

Smash Cadet
Here's a thread where people can post some cool swaggy combos/mixups

Post anything, just try to make sure its something you know can work (ie youve done it, seen it etc.)

I'll start: Platform techchase dair (any dair really tho) into bomb jump nair

Sexy stylish alternative to charging fsmash, and is a true combo.

You can also mix it up by doing bomb jump dair out of this (dont think its true combo but dont think most people will di/nair/shine out of this, seems hard to react to) after the dair you can techchase a charge shot, and in a lot of matchups its pretty easy to do that. especially space animals, ive noticed, just miss the tech a lot. Sexy

Enjoy!

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
If you're close to the ledge and facing away from the stage, get an extended grapple behind you. Then downthrow a spacie at the edge. If they DI away and are at mid percents you can get downthrow ->dropzone chargeshot true combo. Basically like Captain Falcon's downthrow -> dropzone knee off of platforms and the ledge.

Jeremy Wald

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm trying to get back into smash melee and take a whack at the tournaments. But I'm so rusty where can I go to practice??
Here's a thread where people can post some cool swaggy combos/mixups

Post anything, just try to make sure its something you know can work (ie youve done it, seen it etc.)

I'll start: Platform techchase dair (any dair really tho) into bomb jump nair

Sexy stylish alternative to charging fsmash, and is a true combo.

You can also mix it up by doing bomb jump dair out of this (dont think its true combo but dont think most people will di/nair/shine out of this, seems hard to react to) after the dair you can techchase a charge shot, and in a lot of matchups its pretty easy to do that. especially space animals, ive noticed, just miss the tech a lot. Sexy

Enjoy!

Pud'N

Smash Cadet
If you're close to the ledge and facing away from the stage, get an extended grapple behind you. Then downthrow a spacie at the edge. If they DI away and are at mid percents you can get downthrow ->dropzone chargeshot true combo. Basically like Captain Falcon's downthrow -> dropzone knee off of platforms and the ledge.
Speaking of extender, im having trouble grabbibg with extender. Do u press before the tip is on them, as, after? Can you just mash a? I have sick extender setups but i can never actually grab with it LOL

Pud'N

Smash Cadet
if someone is below you on a platform shielding, you can drop a bomb on their shield and waveland off the platform from the bomb jump and shoot a missle to cover their out of shield options. if they hold shield u can probably poke (or just fcking break it at this point LOL) but likely theyll have to move to a platform because otherwise you can easily cover roles/spotdodges/they try to approach through the misslelol

This is kinda theorycraftinng but playing with it in 20xx makes me think its pretty sick

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
There's 3 windows for grabbing with extender. One is the normal grab range, one is the extended grab range and one is the "reeling in" grab range. Look at the Samus Frame Data thread for more info. But essentially you should press A a little bit before it's about to touch them.

Pud'N

Smash Cadet
There's 3 windows for grabbing with extender. One is the normal grab range, one is the extended grab range and one is the "reeling in" grab range. Look at the Samus Frame Data thread for more info. But essentially you should press A a little bit before it's about to touch them.
How many frames do you have to do it? is it kinda a tight window, or pretty lenient?

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
Cori when I saw you posted in this thread I was like "Oh dang she's ganna post some mad comboz"

VERY DISAPPOINTED :(

Last edited:

sheggy

Smash Rookie
Anything with Samus' dair is swaggin' (at least in my book).
D-tilt > dair
U-tilt > dair
U-throw > dai
Then following up with any tech chase option. Charge shot or dsmash.

Against spacies (maybe captain), I love to catch a spacies decent with the fair close to the ground and it keeps them in hitstun just enough to l-cancel it and follow it up with a nair or maybe an up angled fsmash.

And what ive been especially practicing is probably the stupidest edgeguard on the planet. When im hanging from a ledge against a spacie (or anyone else really) off the stage, I try to ledgehop wall jump into a nair. This lets me go deep with a nair facing the blast zone without the opponent expecting it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Cori when I saw you posted in this thread I was like "Oh dang she's ganna post some mad comboz"

VERY DISAPPOINTED :(
Samus doesn't have combos, this whole thread is a farce.

That aside, if you drop a bomb and fade back while someone jumps in on you, you can hit them into the bomb and then hit them again when it explodes. So:
Drop bomb, fade back, Fsmash -> bomb -> Utilt (where it pops them up) -> Dair -> bomb reset -> bomb jump Dair -> bomb -> bomb jump nair

Litt

Samus
Samus doesn't have combos, this whole thread is a farce.

That aside, if you drop a bomb and fade back while someone jumps in on you, you can hit them into the bomb and then hit them again when it explodes. So:
Drop bomb, fade back, Fsmash -> bomb -> Utilt (where it pops them up) -> Dair -> bomb reset -> bomb jump Dair -> bomb -> bomb jump nair
I am hell sure that is not guaranteed by any means

Corigames

Smash Hero
IE, why I said this whole thread is a farce. Unless your combo is Upthrow -> One other move on a fast faller or Dtilt -> one move, you're most likely not talking about a guaranteed combo with Samus.

Smash Journeyman
uptilt combos! dthrow sometimes combos! ... yeah that's about it

ECTO

Smash Rookie
Saw Hugs once on Mango stream do out of disrespect and decided to see if I could pull it off on people too. Super fun combo on spacies if they DI like ****.

Down-tilt
down-tilt
down-tilt
Angled-upwards-front smash

It's super silly and will 75% of the time make the spacies pause and stare at you and say ''that works...?''

Top Bottom