• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros (you suck at brawl) Tournament. - June 29th, 2013 - Orlando, Florida

Dr4gonBlitz

Smash Cadet
Hello I am Hosting a Brawl tournament with some slightly modified rules from normal tournament rules for the sake of time.

All proceeds will go to fund raise my trip to California this summer, so I will be trying to make some money from this event.
Ticket prices: 10$ to be entered in both singles tournament (1v1) and doubles tournament (2v2). MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PARTNER IN MIND! 7$ to be entered in just singles tournament. 4$ for spectating tickets with pizza. And 1$ for spectating tickets without pizza.
If you are entered in any tournament you may choose whether or not you eat pizza, and people eating are only allowed two slices. There will be drinks provided as well (your choice of generic soda or water).
Bring your own controller or you will be charged a 2$ controller rental fee.
Prizes: 1st place: a Pearler of any Super Smash Bros character you want. 2nd place: an Ash Ketchum hat. 3rd place: a Link hat
Rules for singles: 1 player versus the other player with 5 stocks (lives) and a 10 minute timer. Single elimination, only one game. No spamming, no chain grabs, and only 30 edge grabs per mach.
Rules for doubles: 2 player team versus the other 2 player team with 3 stocks each and with a 5 minute timer. single elimination, best of 3 games. No spamming, no chain grabs, and only 40 edge grabs per team
If any game ends because the timer runs out and the stocks on both teams/ both peoples stocks are even, then the team/ person with the least amount of percent/ damage done to them is the winner.
For both tournaments the stages available for picking are: Battlefield, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Yoshi's Island, Battleship Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, and Pokémon Stadium 1. And stage selection rules will be explained at the tournament.
If any rules are broken during the tournament you will be disqualified.
Remember that the tournament is for fun so please don't get butthurt if you lose.

Ereth

Murda Bidness
If you want people to come and make money the best thing you can do is charge a door fee and put all the entry fees towards the pot, door fees are considered standard for tournaments these days. People will most likely not want to travel to win a hat lol

I also recommend using standard tournament rules. If you want to save time try not having a doubles event. The rule set you have chosen is somewhat foolish and it deters me from wanting to travel to this event.

Top Bottom