• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl at The Castle

The Castle

Smash Rookie
Sorry about that, my son wanted to remind everyone of the rules! Also, please no language!
Schedule
Tournament is set for Saturday, December 15th
9:00 Registration Starts
9:30 Tournament Starts

Address
5615 Troup Hwy
Tyler, TX, 75707
Venue Phone: 903-581-2278
Venue Website: http://the-castle.yolasite.com

Rules
$5 Entry Fee
Double Elimination
Also, a reminder, we use the store's controllers, no BYOC. It makes it more fair! And items (limited) are usually on, if that's ok with everyone. Random stages, but we delete the extra large ones. I don't think any characters will be banned, but we can discuss. Also, if y'all want to do this regularly, I'm ready and willing. We have plenty of room. We could even have a special nighttime event once a month or something. Smashclub at the Castle - do you think Smashburger would support us??! I'm also treating everyone to pizza on this date of the 15th, so come have a good time. I'm open for other suggestions too, let me hear from you. See y'all there on Sat. the 15th!

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Awesome, glad to see you guys are hosting again! I'll see if I can come out.
Also you may consider adding more details, like what the prizes are, if you want items or not, and that rule about using y'all's controllers and not our own.

:phone:

trytowinthewardude

Smash Rookie
Oh, I remember going to one of your tournaments. It was fun. Haha, we almost banned sonic. Not having the bracket system kinda took the pressure off for the new guys too! The triple elimination played nicely as an equilizer also.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Sweet! I'd love to play with items! Triple Elimination takes too long on my opinion, but items are great! A five minute timer seems useful as well. Four lives, too! Up to you, of course!

The Castle

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, this is Ms. Trish. Thanks for the responses! Yes, items are an excellent equalizer, especially for the new folks. Otherwise, they can be discouraged from playing. Of course, even the experienced folks get to grab them too! ;)

I also agree that triple elimination can take too long, so we will go for a double elim, if that sounds good to everyone.

Good idea about posting the use of my controllers. I forgot that rule!! We really aren't trying to be pro, although I know some of you are certainly good enough for that, and I think it just keeps it fair.

If y'all want to play there regularly, please get with me, I would love to set that up on a regular basis! We could even do a nighttime gathering once a month if you want! Smashfest at The Castle! I love it! Doubles would be so cool to try too! Y'all come on the 15th, bring friends and we will have a great time! I'm going to treat y'all to pizza too!

See you there!:) Ms. Trish

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Monthly events would be awesome! I'll be sure to try and schedule my tournaments in lindale on different days as your events.

Also doubles would be fun, and random pairing doubles so everyone can get to know eachother but not knowing their teammates!

The Castle

Smash Rookie
Hey, that sounds good! I didn't know you were doing tournaments in Lindale! Y'all be sure and bring some friends! See you there! Random doubles would be AWESOME! Sorry you can't make it because of YuGiOh - you know we play that at The Castle as well....you should come play with us on Sundays.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Yes I actually just got back from a tournament today in lindale!

Well I did one in Tyler but I'll likely stick to the lindale venue. We should all be going except for Andrew, next weekend!

The Castle

Smash Rookie
Sorry you can't make it Andrew, but hopefully I will start doing these more often and you can make some in the future.

You guys can let me know about Saturday mornings when you come...also if you want to pick a date to do one on a Saturday night, if that doesn't conflict with Lindale. Where is that shop in Lindale? I haven't heard...

See you folks Sat @ 9:00!

Ms. Trish

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
We actually rent out the library. It's got an annex that they use to do all sorts of meetings and fundraising stuff. The room is a decent size and can comfortably sit at least 30 people.

Top Bottom