• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There are several things I would love to talk about but I just can't though. I'm incredibly passionate about Pokémon for example. I have a lot of unpopular opinions about Pokémon. I would probably be called a fanboy if I shared them.

I don't want to risk having a fight with anyone, but I do still want to express how I feel in a reasonable manner. I do think of ways to speak my opinion well enough sometimes, but other times I just give up and listen to music.

I love talking with all of you and I do want to continue that, but also don't want to have any regrets with what I say. It's a hard balance to achieve sometimes and requires a lot of thought.
Still, having reserve isn't exactly a bad thing. Many of us still have to remember that, myself included (You'll be surprised how many arguments I've gotten into over something I hardly know about. Anime's a good example).

Still, you shouldn't ever think we'd hate you over opinions. If that was the case, then we would not have a thread all about unpopular opinions.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
*Super Saiyan Bidoof took the hit*
*Super Saiyan Bidoof has 1 HP left*
*Super Saiyan Bidoof went into healing capsule*
*Super Saiyan Bidoof will now heal 10 HP every second, and cannot be hurt until he chooses to exit the pod*
HunterNinjaReaperPirate98 has used Instant Transmission and lands in the aforementioned pod, activates Self-Destruct

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
There are several things I would love to talk about but I just can't though. I'm incredibly passionate about Pokémon for example. I have a lot of unpopular opinions about Pokémon. I would probably be called a fanboy if I shared them.

I don't want to risk having a fight with anyone, but I do still want to express how I feel in a reasonable manner. I do think of ways to speak my opinion well enough sometimes, but other times I just give up and listen to music.

I love talking with all of you and I do want to continue that, but also don't want to have any regrets with what I say. It's a hard balance to achieve sometimes and requires a lot of thought.
I'm passionate about it too. Don't worry we're all very relaxed here.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Still, having reserve isn't exactly a bad thing. Many of us still have to remember that, myself included (You'll be surprised how many arguments I've gotten into over something I hardly know about. Anime's a good example).

Still, you shouldn't ever think we'd hate you over opinions. If that was the case, then we would not have a thread all about unpopular opinions.
This, a thousand times this. I would like to hear those thoughts on the Pokemon series, I've been playing/reading pokemon for years and is curious

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, since were talking about unpopular Pokemon opinions. I might as well say this.

I felt Pokemon X was mediocre.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Dragon Ball is probably the one of the only anime I will never watch. lol
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? The ridiculous power scaling might be a reason but if you look past its good but whyyyyyy Frosty its a classic, I'm curious as to why

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Well, since were talking about unpopular Pokemon opinions. I might as well say this.

You're not the only one, I think the new style detracted from overall charm from the game or I'm just hesitant to change, I didn't like Black/White 2 either.

Morbi

Scavenger

WHOA! TOO FAR!

I suppose I agree with that sentiment to an extent; however as a long-time fan, it was nice to see them mix things up.

Dragon Ball is probably the one of the only anime I will never watch. lol
That is one of the only anime that I will ever watch.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
WHOA! TOO FAR!

I suppose I agree with that sentiment to an extent; however as a long-time fan, it was nice to see them mix things up.
Well, to be honest here.
It's not like it had bad ideas. I liked Wonder Trade and Super Training.
But for everything it did right there was always something else pulling it back (like the story).

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Well, to be honest here.
But for everything it did right there was always something else pulling it back (like the story).
Well, I don't really play Pokemon for the plot, although the Adventures manga is good, it was especially weak in X and Y with Team Flare and all

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, to be honest here.
I agree with you there; that plot was horrendous. I do not usually purchase Pokemon for the story-line though, so that was not a grossly detrimental aspect of the game for "muh." It was enough to just see Pokemon in 3D to be honest, but some of the designs could have been better (Lumiose City). I feel as though the difficulty was one of the bad things about the game, it was the easiest Pokemon games/Elite 4 by far.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
You cigar smoking wrestlers want 3 unpopular opinions held by me?

1. Dragon Ball Evolution is actually a blast to watch. It's one of those "so bad it's good" kinda movies. Watching Justin Chatwin be awkard and make unfathomably silly faces whenever he remotely does anything is a reward in and of itself. It's doofy, stupid, and incredibly corny and campy, aka precisely the kind of movie to make me smile and giggle from start to finish purely because of how doofy the whole thing is.

2. There's a movie called "Stitches" about a clown that murders a bunch of kids when they're in high school because the kids were incredibly foul mouthed and rude and make him trip face first into an open dish washer which kills him but a cult full of clowns resurrects the clown and he hunts them down during their high school years and he gets one of them by scooping out his brains with an ice scream scooper and he dies in the clowns arms while the other high schoolers are singing along to "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight"... that scene there is one of the best scenes ever filmed since the film is not afraid to play "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" while the killer clown holds a dead person in his arms... it's so stupid it's awesome, as is the whole film.

3. The new Three Stooges movie is absolutely hilarious. "What'd I tell ya about them puns, Larry?" lol

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

You are so lucky, right now.
The World shall not ignore my wise words, indeed.

And ignoring me for not being interested at all on Dragon Ball? That's... petty.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? The ridiculous power scaling might be a reason but if you look past its good but whyyyyyy Frosty its a classic, I'm curious as to why
It simply doesn't appeal me. I feel it's kind of overrated too.

For all other anime/manga I watched/read, I was like "yeah, this looks interesting". With Dragon Ball, it's the reverse. It doesn't look interesting to me.

Same for Naruto.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
You cigar smoking wrestlers want 3 unpopular opinions held by me?

1. Dragon Ball Evolution is actually a blast to watch. It's one of those "so bad it's bad kinda movies. Watching Justin Chatwin be awkard and make unfathomably silly faces whenever he remotely does anything is a reward in and of itself. It's doofy, stupid, and incredibly corny and campy, aka precisely the kind of movie to make me smile and giggle from start to finish purely because of how doofy the whole thing is.
Fix'd

And ignoring me for not being interested at all on Dragon Ball? That's... awesome.

It simply appeal me. I feel it's kind of perfectly rated too.

All other anime/manga I was like "yeah, this looks interesting". With Dragon Ball, it's the same. It look sinteresting to me.

Not the same for Naruto.
Fix'd

Fine, don't be interested. You're missing some awesome crap.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
When I first joined here, I was more cautious with my posts (as in, always staying on topic, no joking around, being more series in general) because I came from another forum that has stricter rules (like, no image macros, topics get locked with no warnings when like a couple of posts go off-topic, etc.). And I was kinda scared to be myself. But I was fine when I got comfortable.

I remember when I first joined there where few active mods in the Smash 4 section that would lock threads, remind people to stay on topic, etc.

I'm always worried that I upset someone or come out a little too rude every time I say an unpopular opinion. Which is also why I don't post as often as I like. :/
As long as you're respectful about it, I don't really see the problem.

Even if you say something that's room silencing, and you feel embarrassed, it's not a big deal because people forget things, topics change, and new pages keep coming... unless you consistently drag out the topic and whatnot ha. I've probably read some room silencing posts in the past, but I don't remember anything nor the poster (or maybe it's because I have a bad memory).

Plus it's the internet -- it's hard to convey emotions and tone because it's just text. We can't see facial expressions (unless emoticons) nor hear sound. It's a unique way of communicating that certainly has its pros and cons.

Both of the Premium layout skins are eye bleeding... then again, I think it's just because I have sensitive eyes. There's only like 2 layouts I could stand. :/ :laugh:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

And ignoring me for not being interested at all on Dragon Ball? That's... petty.

It simply doesn't appeal me. I feel it's kind of overrated too.

For all other anime/manga I watched/read, I was like "yeah, this looks interesting". With Dragon Ball, it's the reverse. It doesn't look interesting to me.

Same for Naruto.
I suppose most people enjoy Dragon Ball (Z) as it is an aspect of their childhood. I honestly cannot imagine enjoying it without my rose tinted glasses. That is the problem I have with anime; none of it appeals to me.

For instance; aside from Dragon Ball and One Piece (which I perceive as "cartoons"), I really only enjoy: Soul Eater, Deadman Wonderland, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Needless (which is a really recent anime that I got into).

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Yeah but that wouldn't be an unpopular opinion, would it?

I suppose most people enjoy Dragon Ball (Z) as it is an aspect of their childhood. I honestly cannot imagine enjoying it without my rose tinted glasses. That is the problem I have with anime; none of it appeals to me.
I enjoy Dragon Ball because, for all the martial arts action, it's also pretty lighthearted and goofy. See, I personally don't like Naruto, since I think it's a little too melodramatic for what it is (amongst many other unrelated complaints) but Dragon Ball... it still has a bit of that old school feel to it. I think alot of new shows and films go so far out of their way to be serious that any instance of quirky and goofy would be seen as "not hardcore enough". It's the colorful tongue-in-cheek flavor that makes Dragon Ball work for me.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Even back then, when the Dragon Ball craze was here (I was a child, obviously), I wouldn't find it interesting. Didn't find DBZ interesting back then and still don't.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
When I first joined, I was excited for Smash 4. I still am, and back in the day three years ago, everything was all one big cluster**** of a social forum, but we liked it! /cranky

I used to be a pretty good poster (I like to think I still am) with a good head on my shoulders, and then in the past year I found Touhou and Lucky Star and Moemon and now my brain is a moe zombie glob of KAWAII DESU~ as I rule over the foolish mortals as the moe princess quoted in my signature. :laugh:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Anyone else get sad when they join a site like Smashboards, see users like @ Morbi Morbi and @Vintage Creep with certain avitars, and then they change them? :'( I like your Hugo Strange avi, Morbid! Bring it back! And I like the weird white face guy with horns, Vintage! :0

It's because I'm lazy, and don't read names very often, so I don't realize it's even them posting lol

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
(This is moderator abuse fyi - <3 Shaya)

I can fix the problems I have with others, but cannot fix the problems I have with my bad taste in... wait, Dragon Ball and not something a lot worse like Naruto or Bleach? Wow Frostwraith, wow.
1392132547525.gif

[Now you see this].

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

There's no way I could ever watch Dragon Ball Z. I'd have to do it in all one sitting, and that's basically impossible. Eventually, I'd stop watching, go to sleep, say "eh, I'll get back to it eventually," then just not get back to it. It's what happens with every TV Show that I can't view in one sitting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Anyone else get sad when they join a site like Smashboards, see users like @ Morbi Morbi and @Vintage Creep with certain avitars, and then they change them? :'( I like your Hugo Strange avi, Morbid! Bring it back! And I like the weird white face guy with horns, Vintage! :0

It's because I'm lazy, and don't read names very often, so I don't realize it's even them posting lol
Hugo Strange; I remember that, it was one of my favorite avatars. Unfortunately, I have the inherent desire to change my avatar every so often. Vin Diesel was the longest avatar I ever retained, it was my avatar for the first 4 or 5 months that I joined and prior to that, he was my avatar for another 4 or 5 months on the last forum I frequented. He is still my desktop background to this day. I might change it back soon though, but for now, I need my Adam Blade.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
There's no way I could ever watch Dragon Ball Z. I'd have to do it in all one sitting, and that's basically impossible. Eventually, I'd stop watching, go to sleep, say "eh, I'll get back to it eventually," then just not get back to it. It's what happens with every TV Show that I can't view in one sitting.
I don't think anyone can do it all in one sitting. You have to eat and sleep sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom