• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Palutena and Miis were obvious choices for characters then the others on that leak. If this leaker is true than why dosnt he talk about characters that people actually care about?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I won't lie, I love the Miis. I'm SO going to use them lots.

Also loving me some Palutenta. DAMN she looks good! And I mean that in every way possible.

And again, I'm so down with Dark Pit. Whether he's his own character or an alternate costume, I fully support him.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Palutena and Miis were obvious choices for characters then the others on that leak. If this leaker is true than why dosnt he talk about characters that people actually care about?
That's a pretty stupid reason to dismiss a leak, they guy gives the information he has, regardless of anyone's preference.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
A special Mii tier list, with the best Mii placed on the normal list? Maybe?
I'm not sure about that. They all play very differently. And they're not a stance changer. I'd say they should be separate.
Referring to movesets, what they do is give an overall review of the Pokemon is a certain tier, then give the best recommended moveset (or movesets) for said character. That could work here.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Implying people don't care for Mii, Palutena, Chrom, and Pac-Man. Yes. People care about them. You're reasoning for dismissing it is stupid.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
The Mii's look awesome, but my biggest fear was that they would actually be good, and now everyone plays as lincoln online. :facepalm:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
WAIT WHAT The australian site says that the wii u version releases on summer.
South hemisphere = Inverted seasons

When it's Winter on the north (Europe, North America, North Africa and Asia), it's Summer on the south hemisphere (Australia, Southern Africa, South America).

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm not sure about that. They all play very differently. And they're not a stance changer. I'd say they should be separate.
Referring to movesets, what they do is give an overall review of the Pokemon is a certain tier, then give the best recommended moveset (or movesets) for said character. That could work here.
Maybe... Man though this game is going to have to push TOs to make tough calls at events. Man... Sakurai just throwing hype bombs around.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Awesome Digital Event. Looking forward to Mii Fighter & Palutena

One thing I noticed from it: The Robot Chicken skits had fans whining about Star Fox & Mother 3

We're getting Star Fox...

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I cried at the Zelda reveal. Not even gonna try hide it. Looks beautiful, like a Miyazaki movie. Nintendo wins E3. Goodnight other companies.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Maybe... Man though this game is going to have to push TOs to make tough calls at events. Man... Sakurai just throwing hype bombs around.
Pretty much.
One things for sure. I have to get busy working on my main.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
RECAP:

PALUTENA CONFIRMED

Wii Fighter confirmed
3 classes: Brawler, Swordsman, Gunner (basically Mario, Marth, Samus clones). Only can choose one class per match.
100% customizable appearance like in Mii Maker

amiibo: Figures like Skylanders but they are usable across multiple upcoming games, not just smash. Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10, Yoshi's Wooly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
OPTIONAL- not required to get them to be able to play as them for games they're already in
They gain levels like Pokemon (one figure shown was lv 50) and can have stat increases in attack, defense, speed
They grow stronger as you use them, even moreso if you pit them against other amiibo

New option that toggles "Customizations" On/Off. Unclear what exactly constitutes customizations

"Smash Bros. for Wii U bundle" - $99.99
- copy of the game
- one GameCube controller adapter
- one GCN controller

GameCube controller adapter - $20
- supports Wavebirds as well

GameCube wired controller - $30
- Smash Bros. branded

Box Art for 3DS and Wii U versions:

Pokemon ORAS footage was shown, but other than nicely stylized gyms/towns (Fortree ftw), Gen 3 starter mega evolutions and more cinematics there wasn't much.
Groudon and Kyogre shown changing into their Devolutions. A gem like structure forms around them before they change; not like the mega evolution animation. There is no Mega evolution flame/dna symbol.
Overall Pokemon animations look almost exactly imported from XY
Gameplay starts 0:53 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFlL2pW6lY8

Other games coming soon:

-New unnamed Link game (not HyWarriors) revealed that has an open world like Skyrim, Link now has a mechanical arrow on his bow
-Hyrule Warriors update: Impa, Zelda, and Midna are playable. Midna also sometimes summons Wolf Link in attacks

-Yoshi's Wooly World
-Mario Maker: Make and play custom Mario worlds, switchable between retro and modern gfx at will
-One Piece Ultimate <something> Red
-Yugioh game
-Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
-Splatoon: A family based Ink splashing game that looks really fun. Paintball reimagined, a focus on inking as much territory as possible, you can turn into a squid and speed through your own ink but enemy ink slows you down
-More Bayonetta 2 footage; dual game pack with both Bayo 1&2 coming out
-A few new 3DS space shooters, RPGs, and sidescroller games

Guys please tell me anything I'm missing. I had an entire writeup down but my computer crashed and I lost it all. ;_;

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman

HE WAS PLAYING IT. HE WAS PLAYING IT GUYS. ITS GONNA SHOW ON TREEHOUSE. BETTER TUNE IN

We also got the starting roster.
Mario, Bowser, Rosalina, DK, Samus, ZSS, Link, Zelda, Villager, Pit, Kirby, Fox, Marth, Greninja, Pikachu, Olimar, Little Mac, Wii fit, Megaman, Sonic

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Well... I'm incredibly happy that Mii characters have their own original movesets instead of just being copies of other characters (hate it when people don't actually play as the actual characters in Mario Kart just their Miis). And Palutena confirmed too!

Overall I was happy with today's event! But... a bet's a bet. Chrom was not revealed... he might be revealed later on throughout the day (they seem to be revealing things over the course of the day instead of all at once) so there's still a chance, but for now... just like I agreed to, got my new avatar.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's a tear fiesta here at my place. Everyone hates both Palutana and Miis. Well, I guess I have one thing to say:

SALT *******! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ahem... But anyways yeah. Palutana looks pretty awesome. The Miis look good too.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's a tear fiesta here at my place. Everyone hates both Palutana and Miis. Well, I guess I have one thing to say:

SALT *****ES! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ahem... But anyways yeah. Palutana looks pretty awesome. The Miis look good too.
Honestly, I don't mind either of them.
Though, I prefer the Miis a tad more. As much as I snapped on customization, I'm a sucker for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom