• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Fling Smash: Zip as a newcomer to Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I'd like to introduce the idea of Zip as a playable character in Smash.

image.jpg

Zip is the main protagonist in Fling Smash. Fling Smash is a brand new Nintendo IP, released in 2011 and bundled with a remote plus. Fling Smash is essentially a block breaking game and a side scrolling platformer rolled into one. I see Zip playing in a very unique way, taking a que from the feel of his game: his arial combat would be, by far, his strong suit. I see him playing in the air as a very quick and light character, but with extremely strong and heavy feeling arial attacks reminiscent of the heavy feel of attacks performed by the likes of Ike and Ganondorf. When he is on the ground, I see him moving much slower and having attacks that are far less powerful than his arial moves. There is a lot of potential for a unique character and move set here. He even has a metal form in his game, so that could fit in seamlessly. Pip, the female character in the game and also a playable option could be an alternate costume in the game.

Here' s a gameplay/review video to give a better idea on the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a46yWC_cd6Q

Fling Smash is an overlooked game but a very good one. I'd love to see Sakurai and Namco take advantage of Zip to create an excellent character option.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I would love to to see a potential moveset for him. :p

Never heard of the game before, but after looking at the video... I'm inclined to say that he'd work best as an assist trophy, or perhaps a stage element. It'd be hard to make a playable character that accurately represents someone who is constantly shooting through the air.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
hmm, he seems kinda cool. looks like hes lacking in the B-specials department though.
I have to think Sakurai could come up with something cool. If a move set could be made for Rob, then Zip could definitely have a good move set.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I have to think Sakurai could come up with something cool. If a move set could be made for Rob, then Zip could definitely have a good move set.
you would think Sonic's specials would have been no-brainers....but look what we got. :troll:

but with a character like this , it WOULD force sakurai to be creative to the most interesting kind of sorts (always a good thing)

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
you would think Sonic's specials would have been no-brainers....but look what we got. :troll:

but with a character like this , it WOULD force sakurai to be creative to the most interesting kind of sorts (always a good thing)
Exactly. I just see SO much potential here.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a cool character, I will definitely be picking this game up once I get my Wii U. Super Fling Smash plus a Wii Remote Plus for only $25 at TRU? That's a steal deal. The character design looks very cool too. I guess he could kind of work like Sonic and Jigglypuff's charge attack/roll out?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@ Drclaw411 Drclaw411

Please do not double post. If you wish to add something to a previous post, use the edit button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom