• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSSS Tournament SATURDAY EDITION! (4/4)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Welcome to the hub for SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SMASH the weekly Smash for Wii U tournament series! Join us for our very first tournament in the series and stay tuned here for events in the future. Weekly tournaments will be used to qualify for special events with bigger prizes so make sure to play and play often!

DUE TO EASTER WE WILL BE PLAYING ON SATURDAY THIS WEEK!

Our last tournament was a roaring success with 136 entrants! Check below for info on the next tournament!

---

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SMASH SATURDAY EDITION!

Date: SATURDAY SATURDAY SATUDAY April Fourth

Time: 2pm CST | Mandatory check-in 1 hour before the event. Check-in takes place on the Challonge Bracket

Ruleset: SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SMASH Rules!

Place: Our IRC Chat! You MUST be in the IRC chat to participate. Please make sure to make your IRC name match your Challonge name!

Bracket: The bracket will have Double Elimination Pools that will be seeded into a Final Double Elimination Bracket.

Grand Prize: No prize this week, sorry! Due to the unusual date for this one, this tournament will just be FOR GLORY!!!

Streaming By 64bitheroes!

Videos will also be posted on their Youtube Channel. Be sure to visit their website as well!

---

Rankings:

CURRENT TOP 16

1. nadebomber
2. WrathTheHedgehog
3. mistereric
4. Miidas
5. Mischief
6. Shane_367
7. WFW | fw.Gyo
8. fw.Scr7
9. Champ
10. WFW | Kodystri
11. fw.Macchiato
12. kuma_b4
13. WFW | KhalJesus
14. Seleir
15. WFW | Lanzoma
16. Siccarius

We use SkillKeeper, a TrueSkill ranking program and allowing only players in the Top 16 to enter special events with EPIC prizes. Rankings will also be used to help seed tournaments as well, so make sure to play and play often every SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!

If you have any other questions about the event, post below and they will be answered as quickly as possible! I hope to see a lot of you at our first tournaments, may the best Smasher win!

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
For everyone who may come here from the If I Can, You Can article, I want to personally say thank you for your interest! I hope to not only have this be just a fun tournament, but to use it as a resource for anyone wanting to enter their first tournament ever and to allow anyone interested in TOing an event to get a taste of what running an event is like. If you would personally like to have me mentor you in hosting through this tournament, let me know below and I can help you out by letting you co-host under my guidance. I promise to use my experience from hosting loads of online tournaments including Smash 4 Worldwide (the largest online Smash event to date) to get you started.

To everyone else: hope you enter and have fun!

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Are you aware of how 64bitheroes will stream matches if they aren't playing them? You can't spectate in With Friends can you? Just curious as to how they'd achieve that, planning a Community Tournament for a website I help run and we want to record the matches to add commentary but I'm unsure how to do that in the matches I'm not playing in.

Thanks in advance! Tourney looks good, may participate ^_^

dudemofo

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm excited join this but I'm a bit confused on the time. This forum says 2PM CST but the Challonge page says 3PM EDT.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Are you aware of how 64bitheroes will stream matches if they aren't playing them? You can't spectate in With Friends can you? Just curious as to how they'd achieve that, planning a Community Tournament for a website I help run and we want to record the matches to add commentary but I'm unsure how to do that in the matches I'm not playing in.

Thanks in advance! Tourney looks good, may participate ^_^
One person streams the match and has the other two join them. After that, the person streaming just kills themselves off untill the other two are left to fight. It's not perfect, but it does work!

Hey! I'm excited join this but I'm a bit confused on the time. This forum says 2PM CST but the Challonge page says 3PM EDT.
Challonge converts time to your local time zone! They are both the same thing essentially, when it's 2PM in my neck of the woods, it's 3PM in yours :)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
As of this post, 50 people are signed up for the first ever SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY SMASH!

Gotta say this is SO awesome, and thank you all for joining in on the fun! I can't wait to see who wins and how the rankings turn out.

Depending on attendance, I may consider using DE for pools instead of Round Robin as well for those interested in that sort of thing. I'll keep an eye on things during checkins and see how it goes!

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
A weekly tourny on Sundays,count me in

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Man it's awesome seeing people so excited! 71 people signed up now, these numbers are really awesome for the first one!

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I'll definitely be attending! Best of luck to everyone. :)

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Congrats on being the 77th sign up!

Man this first one is gonna be big! :D
Heh, what a lucky number.

I'm really hyped though! It'll be my first fairly sizable tournament, should be very fun. ;v;

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I signed up.
Still a little confused on the time though.
Well let me help you out then! What has you confused exactly?

A few basic things: if you're logged in on Challonge and have your time zone set correctly it will reflect your local time. The check ins just require you to be there one hour before the event starts at any time to click the check in button, then have you there right when the event begins.

Defex

Smash Cadet
NNID
toot1231
Well let me help you out then! What has you confused exactly?

A few basic things: if you're logged in on Challonge and have your time zone set correctly it will reflect your local time. The check ins just require you to be there one hour before the event starts at any time to click the check in button, then have you there right when the event begins.
Ok Thanks so 2PM for eastern time cool.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I love that attitude! Definitely going to need to give it your all, for folks interested in an update we have 83 players signed up right now!

Don't worry too much though, with how pools are this shouldn't be a big issue on time, I still expect this to go quickly!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Got out and advertised a BUNCH more today! Hopefully this will bring even more people to compete.

I'm considering upping the prize if we hit a certain number of people who sign up and check in, think that would get more people coming?

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Didn't see anything about customs being on or not. Maybe I just missed it

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Didn't see anything about customs being on or not. Maybe I just missed it
Customs are off for this. Being an online tournament especially with prizes I don't want to risk equipment being used to cheat or just plain on accident (it does happen sometimes). Miis since they can still use customs even with customs off are the one exception to this rule.

Just signed myself up! First ever Smash tourney for me. Looking forward to it ^^
Man I'm honored this will be your first tournament! I seriously hope it's a great experience for you :D

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Customs are off for this. Being an online tournament especially with prizes I don't want to risk equipment being used to cheat or just plain on accident (it does happen sometimes). Miis since they can still use customs even with customs off are the one exception to this rule.

Man I'm honored this will be your first tournament! I seriously hope it's a great experience for you :D
Thank you for clarifying, I'm excited to join

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
what do we do if nesses insta-kill glitch happens?
If you mean on Wuhu Island, you take the stock loss.

Now before you think I'm being too harsh, let me explain a few things about the glitch. First, the boat transformation is the least visited of all transformations on Wuhu Island (so it's pretty tough to even be in that position) on top of this, the glitch can only happen in one EXACT place on the boat in a very specific time frame. You can just hang out behind the wall on the boat for 15 seconds and be 100% safe!

Furthermore, three characters can actually land this being Lucario, Pikachu, and Ness and they only really work on certain characters. If after all that you're still worried after they pick one of those characters just ban the stage to be safe.

If a bunch of players do run into problems with it however, I'm not against banning it before the next Sunday :)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
hype lol :D
No kidding it's hype! 113 entrants so far! :D

I can't wait to see how many check in tomorrow, this could be one heck of a tournament!!!

For those who like the technical side of things, here is how the tournament will likely roll. If the groups fit better into groups of 4, it will likely be round robin to double elimination. If they fit better into groups of 8, they will be Double Elimination to Double elimination. This is to try and cut down on the number of games within reason for the tournament and to help it run fast with large numbers :)

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
No kidding it's hype! 113 entrants so far! :D

I can't wait to see how many check in tomorrow, this could be one heck of a tournament!!!

For those who like the technical side of things, here is how the tournament will likely roll. If the groups fit better into groups of 4, it will likely be round robin to double elimination. If they fit better into groups of 8, they will be Double Elimination to Double elimination. This is to try and cut down on the number of games within reason for the tournament and to help it run fast with large numbers :)
What if the error code makes it impossible to play?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
What if the error code makes it impossible to play?
Generally, there is a way around these things with restarting the console and such but if there really was 100% no way a match could be played out, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. "TO's discretion" usually has to come into play in those very rare situations, it's just a hazard of online play. Thankfully they are pretty rare.

Also as I type this, we have 121 signups! WOW GUYS! I didn't imagine this would be THAT exciting! Thank you to everyone attending!!!

Demonjoshua

Smash Rookie
I've been playing smash for years, I'm glad i've come across this site and I can't wait for the tournament

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
How do I check in?
An hour before the tournament begins, a button will show up on the challonge bracket that you use to check in.

140 SIGN UPS!
This is by FAR the most I have seen in a LONG time for any online tournament! Get excited everyone!!!

Top Bottom