• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stitch faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
so i havent really done any reading on this, mainly cuz im lazy, but i remeber reading on a lot of other threads before, that stitch faces are very hard to come by. i dont know if this is anything, but in the past two days i have pulled no less than 40 stitch faces (about 6 hours of play time). i was just focking around on FD with a level 1 comp, or in training mode. if what i read before is correct, then i got a rediculous amount of stitch faces. how often do you guys pull the turnips o death?

amished

Smash Cadet
Most of the time, I'll get 1 per ~6 minute FFA match. Otherwise I'll never see one, though one time I pulled two bombs out in one match O.o I think you've just been lucky as ****.

timbu

Smash Apprentice
at a tournament at Rutgers last friday

a peach pulled 3 stiches against Do in the second match of a finals best of 3 set.
Do's falco still won

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
Don't base your game on pulling a stitch face though but if you get it you gotta use alot more Air Attacks at the time and suddenly use the Stitcher

brdy_

Smash Lord
I've pulled a few in one match before, but a stitch is something like 1/40 or 1/50 probability.

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Ive pulled a stichface out at the very start of a match, my opponent blocked it and i threw another stichface at him which i pulled another right after that one. >__> thats the most luck ive ever had.

Elidibus

Smash Cadet
Most luck i've ever had in a match was three stitches. Two of them hit and instantly killed the marth i was fighting. He shielded one from long range when i didn't notice it was a stitch until it bounced off of his shield. Darn it!

DPAUL

Smash Rookie
I never get them, one time I did a Peach ditto and the Peach I was facing pulled a Stitch face threw it at me I caught it threw it back then pulled one of my own. I don't think they're as random as we all think. But I'll still looking into this development

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
last week i had some crazy luck. i pulled out two stitches in the middle of a team match. finally two players were dead it was 1 v 1. me at like 120 vs doc mario i think. pulled out a bomb. my teammates telling me to throw it away im like hell no. i float canceled a back air with bomb in hand. wave dash away floated again.. just to land and threw it. mind gamed the hell out of him to get it off. kaboom it went...

but the million dollar question..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4X86grLPL5c

why did wife throw away the stitch... could you ever do this in a match. fear someone enough to throw away your most prized possession.... thats why i dont buy into throw the bomb away bul.

mr. saturn seems like he's the most hard to come by for me. i've had some luck with beam swords to but i gotta practice with those lol. i try smashing and stuff and mess up when i guess i should prolly throw it away.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Every peach player has stitch face/item stories.

Overall it is a rarity, you just happen to remember the few times that it happens often over the multiple times that it happens seldom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom