• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stiltzskin(Doc) destroys Clue(Ganon) please critique

TGM

Smash Lord
doesnt stiltz live in baytown? i live near him(pasadena).

anyway, first off, dont be afraid of the pills. pick some one else other than ganon. learn from josh(xzalla)that ganon is hard to compete with other high tiers.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Yes, Stiltzkin and I both live in Baytown, and XZalla is pretty close .

I'm working on my Fox, but i'm not nearly good enough to beat Stiltz with him yet. I get closest with my Ganon. Also, XZalla can beat Stiltz with his Ganon, so I'm confident that I'm not going to have to switch characters. I just need to practice. If I can get through those pills, it should go much smoother.

TGM

Smash Lord
XZALLA was ganon from the very begining. have u done the same?

i think we should get together one day soon and play. ill show u the tgm combo.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
good matches.
ugh critque... first of all, you try lots of risky stuff like jumping off the stage to dair (got caped) or down b him alot (got caped). you should play it more safe i guess.
second, it felt like your spacing was messed up. he was either too close to you or too far from you. learn the distance you want him at and try keeping him there. shffling the fairs backwards helps.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
good matches.
ugh critque... first of all, you try lots of risky stuff like jumping off the stage to dair (got caped) or down b him alot (got caped). you should play it more safe i guess.
second, it felt like your spacing was messed up. he was either too close to you or too far from you. learn the distance you want him at and try keeping him there. shffling the fairs backwards helps.
I can't distance myself from him, because that's when the pill maze and pill rush come in. The consequences are often worse. Also, becuase he throws pills while recovering, the only way I have been able to get to him so far is with the dair. I usually use the vulture kick edgegaurd, but I have trouble getting it to work on him. I've tried edgehogging, but he gets through that too. I have a new plan involving edgehogging, but i'm not gonna say it till I at least attempt it.

shoe

Smash Ace
Don't lose your cool when he's pillspamming you, you would often try to wizard foot underneath them, or, when you would finally get through, you would try to hit him as fast as possible, which left you spacing your aerials very punishable.

Also, when he's approaching you, you would mess up when he landed aerials behind your shield, still trying to grab him. Try to dair out of shield, or just wavedash away and wait for his next attempt or something.

Top Bottom