• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Louis Area Tourney to Advance Music in America

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204

Date: Friday, April 20, 2007
Time: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Location: SIUE (Southern Illinois University Edwardsville) www.siue.edu
Goshen Lounge in the Morris University Center
City/Town: Edwardsville, IL 62026
Host: Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia - Xi Tau Chapter
Contact: xi_tau_chapter@yahoo.com for general video game tournament questions
AIM: Oxyborb - for questions about the Smash Bros Tournament.

5 dollar entry fee gets you into all of the following tournaments. You may compete in all, except you may only choose to enter ONE of the two Guitar Hero Tournaments.

Guitar Hero II (hard/expert)
Guitar Hero II (easy/medium)
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Dance Dance Revolution
Beatmania IIDX

NOTICE: There will be prizes for the placement winners, but no cash prize. Proceeds go towards the Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America to advance music in America.

Right then, this IS a Smash Bros site, so here are the details for the Smash Bros part of the tournament. If you have questions about the other games being offered, (and with the admission you may enter all the tournaments you want anyway) contact xi_tau_chapter@yahoo.com

Rules;
-Items turned off
-Matches will be Stocks of 4
-All matches will be singles, one on one.
-If a person does not have an opponent, or the opponent does not show up to the fight, either a referee will stand in, or a new contestant will be found.
-Brackets of four

-There will be controllers provided. You may also bring your own controller, however, anyone caught using modded options such as a Turbo button or glitch inducer will be expelled from the tournament, forfeiting the right to play.

-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc.), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match. Any other glitch can and will decided upon by the tournament referees. The rules and standards of the tournament can and will be changed depending on any unseen or seen circumstance if necessary.

-You may suggest a stage to start the match as long as your opponent agrees, Otherwise random stages will be chosen.
-Random stages limited to the 6 neutral stages (Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land N64, or Pokemon Stadium).

Remember, this tournament is not for cash prizes. It is dedicated to advancing music in America, which is why most of the games are music based. Hope to see you come if you live close by, also feel free to AIM Oxyborb, post a question here, or pm me for any reason. If this goes well, we just might have another tournament soon, I know the St. Louis area tends to be barren Smashwise. All info is subject to change. I did take most of the rules from other tournament pages, this is my first tournament, so bare with me. Should be a great time, and 5 bucks gets you into four tournaments! Tell me that’s not a great deal.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
So why shouldn't any Golden Sun characters be put in Brawl? Isaac is the perfect candidate.
>_>'

I'll try to go to this, but it looks doubtful.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
showing banned stages, what the prizes would be if there is no cash prize, and taking out the really dumb "play a levle 9 computer or random opponent that we put in" rule.

That's like asking the guitarhero players to rub their head and pat their belly if their opponent doesn't show up.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Hmmm...sounds interesting. Support music eh? Cool. Without music, life becomes boring in my opinion. Music's the ultimate way of expression.
*quietly chants* EMO! EMO! EMO! EMO! EMO! EMO! (repeat 10 more times) :chuckle:

Lemme see how far this is away from me. I'm interested.

Your crazy. Y host it on a friday. I won't be able to come lol I have class. And I live 3 1/2 hours away.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Hey, hahahahaha, the level 9 CPU thing was sort of a joke, no, there will be good competition!

Oh, prizes will be interesting random things, you'll just have to see

we can't spend a ton because this is for the advancement of music, and it's only 5 bucks anyway, almost a dollar for every tournament you can enter. It's on a friday, because that's the only day the college can lend us.

AIM Oxyborb for questions!

it's in 2 days at SIUE
www.siue.edu for directions

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Ug, the prizes really suck, the others wouldn't use my idea, so just come for the tourney, maybe I'll buy you some food. hahaha, but yeah, it's going to be fun

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
lemme be honest, it wont be huge or professional, but it should be fun

Top Bottom