• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[AT] SSBU - Possible Link Bomb Footstool Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Not sure if this has been discussed already (I checked the threads and didn't see it being talked about), but I think I found a possible bomb footstool nair lock loop with Link for the Wii U version. Not sure if it works on the 3ds version since I don't have a copy of it. I also think it's only possible to do it about 2 - 3 times. After that the opponent goes pretty damn far, preventing you from continuing the lock any further. But you could just grab after the wakeup or something.

Basically it's an old Brawl footstool setup. However you can do this at 0% - 30%+ ish. I haven't actually tested this one an actual opponent so I'm pretty much wondering if it's practical at all. So what do you guys think?

Last edited:

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Look similar to the one FSK posted...hang on I'll find it.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpmlkX2ZG7I

FSK's variation seems to work better at higher percentages, but I would say this one has the advantage of being easier just because there's fewer components.

Actually at higher percentages, the opponent will get out of the lock from the Nair. You could literally start up the lock at 0% just because Link can react out of his bombs fairly fast, enabling you to easily footstool the opponent right after a short hop bomb downwards bomb throw possibly before the opponent can do anything about it. You might be able to squeeze out an arrow to lock the opponent in place but I'm not sure about the positioning.

I'll try to mess around with it more.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I tested and disproved this a little while ago, admittedly my post was made in the Q/A thread so you weren't expected to see it. Quoting myself: "Ok I just checked the first way, and it doesn't work either. All they have to do is hold shield and you can't hit them with the bomb unless you immediately throw it which means you don't have enough time to jump forwards then throw it, and you can't footstool them out of the standard ground throw"

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Just for a bit of clarity, N-air will lock until 36% without rage, possibly more if staled. If we were to lock down a way to do it that is inescapable, we'd have a situational 0%to50% on most characters with a nice F-smash stacked on the end. Certain larger characters are also possible to lock with an arrow post N-air, which adds a bit more % and more distance traveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom