• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB: Project M XP [v1.5] -- Final Beta Release

alex9918

Smash Cadet

Welcome all, To the Final release of Super Smash Bros Project M: XP! We've been working on this build for quite some time now, and i am proud to give you all, Project M XP Version: 1.5.

This fan made, unofficial project aims to add content to Project M by including stages, characters, costumes, movesets and music from all the Smash Bros. games as well as some great custom ones. As of now, this is basically Project M 3.6 (Full) with 600+ STAGES and more cool stuff!!!. It has 78 stage slots with several versions of each (Omega, Legal, Remake, etc) that can be selected by holding certain buttons that are shown in the stage preview. It also has the proper OST (Original music) for each stage.

Features:
Stage Expansion: max. 78 stages (Added: Using 78 stage slots)
ASL: alt stages via button combination (Added: Using 1-16 per stage)
Total Stages: 669 hue
SD Card: allow custom content via netplay (Working)

Here's the links to each version of the mod out and i hope you all enjoy!

Wii [1.5]
OneDrive
MediaFire

Dolphin 1.5 Full [Windows + Mac]
OneDrive
MediaFire

Dolphin 1.5 Update Only
OneDrive
MediaFire

How to select alternate stages:
Let's start by pointing out the elephant in the room. 600+ stages is a pretty ridiculous number and we know it. However, we made a mnemonic system to help organize, remember and browse stages so that they can be found in a matter of seconds! Stages are organized in approximate chronological order, so the first page has Smash 64 stages at the top, Melee in the middle and some custom at the bottom. Second page has Brawl at the top and Smash 4 at the bottom. Piece of cake.

NOW comes the fun part. Every stage slot has several versions of it that can be selected by holding certain buttons right after pressing and holding
(NOT Start). However, buttons have a meaning.
For the example, the
stands for Legal,
for Omega (last letter of English and Greek alphabets, respectively. #TIL) and so on,
was supposed to be A/Alpha (First letters, and for big stages, as opposed to Omega) but A is used to select stages and we could use only Start for selecting, but people are used to it, so yea. That's why.

Omega [Ω] - Small / no extra platforms

Alpha [α] - Big / extended (best for 3+ players)

Legal - Hazardless/Neutral

Remake - Remake/Remastered/Revamp/Retexture/Reimagined

Special - Stage that loosely relates to the main stage

:GCDpad: Extras - 4 additional stages that relate to the main stage

We were on a hiatus and im proud to present this is the LAST build of Project M XP and i hope you all enjoyed it while it was a thing. Here's a few How-To's.

Dolphin (Update, only if you have 1.4 already) [Windows + Mac]
1- Download Project M XP (Update) [Dolphin]
2- Extract the User folder to your current Dolphin XP folder
3- Overwrite the old files with the new ones

Dolphin [Windows]
1- Download and extract the Project M XP [Dolphin] pack
2- Copy your own ripped Brawl ISO [NTSC/RSBE01] (Not scrubbed, ~8GB) to *Extracted folder* > Project M XP > ISO Builder
3- Run the Windows builder to build the ISO (which will be built one folder up)
4- Run Dolphin XP (Or XP+, offline only)
5- Run (or host, for netplay) the PM XP WAD [USXP00] (the ISO is hidden, but will be loaded from the WAD)
Notes:
- If Dolphin gives any errors [like missing MSVCP140.dll] or crashes, try installing the VisualStudio 2015 in the Extra folder.
- If you want to save some space, move your Brawl ISO out of the builder folder and delete that folder

Dolphin [Mac]
Warning: These settings will affect your main build config, so remember to back up your settings in step 7
1- Download and extract the Project M XP [Dolphin] pack
2- Copy your own ripped Brawl ISO to *Extracted folder* > Project M XP > ISO Builder
3- Install Python (Included in *Extracted folder* > Dolphin XP [Mac])
4- Open up Python launcher
5- Go to File > Open and launch the Mac ISO builder (*Extracted folder* > Project M XP > ISO Builder)
Note: ISO will be built one folder up, in the same folder as the WAD.
6- Copy all the folders inside Dolphin XP [Windows] > User
7- Go to the following folder, make a backup/ZIP it, and paste what you just copied to it (Replace all)
~/library/application support/dolphin
8- Install and run Dolphin XP [XP+ is not compatible with netplay!]
9- Go to Config > Audio and change Audio backend to CoreAudio
10- Click the Browse button to add the *Extracted folder* > Project M XP folder
11- Click View > Show platforms > Show Wii (enable it)
12- Set the PM XP ISO [RSBEXP] as default
13- Run the WAD [USXP00]
14- (Optional) Move your Brawl ISO out of the builder folder and delete the ISO Builder folder to save space

Wii - Homebrew
1- Download and extract Project M XP [Wii] to the root of your SD card

2- Make sure the Brawl disc is inserted

3- Open the Homebrew channel

4- Run the Project M Launcher

Wii - Hackless [UNSTABLE - Homebrew recommended instead]
1- Download and extract Project M XP [Wii] somewhere in your computer
2- Delete the music folder (projectm > pf > sound > strm) (This will mean no custom music)
3- Copy the files to the root of your SD card
4- Run SmashStack / Stage builder exploit:
- Launch Brawl
- Go into Stage Builder
- Delete all the default custom stages
- Exit Stage Builder
- Go into Stage Builder again
- Gecko OS should launch, so just press A to play

Previews

Stage Select Screen page 1
Stage Select Screen Page 2:
Character Select Screen:

Character Names (Full Album)

Last edited:

alex9918

Smash Cadet
So, As you all know, Project M XP has been removed from development. And it's a damn shame it had to happen but...
I'd like to present you with...

Yes.
That is correct, This mod is not dead! We merged with the beloved Super Smash Brothers Legacy to form Super Smash Brothers Legacy XP, Which is everything you've come to know and love of XP, Matched with legacys flawlessness and high levels of polish. We hope you enjoy what we have in store for you and make sure you check out the Parent post to this one! (It's where you can download it when it comes out!)

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Please, PLEASE Can you give out the Codes You and Your Team Used to make the SSS and ASL. I want to combine this With my Personal Bulid.

PurplishBacon

Smash Cadet
Nice!!! I thought you guys had disappeared. I agree with Sanic though i would enjoy the codeset mainly for the SSS and ASL because your stagelist is the best I've ever seen.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Wait you guys got BrawlDJ to work? Awesome! Would like to know how to do the same one day (hackless build).

Seebeast

Smash Rookie
How does random stage work? Is there a way to have it choose random from all 600+ stages?

Framzo

Smash Rookie
How does random stage work? Is there a way to have it choose random from all 600+ stages?
You can use the button and press random it will work (you have to hold down A + the modifier button) as an example if you were to press Z and pic random you'll end up on the omega version of the stage

WorseDoughnut

Smash Rookie
Wait you guys got BrawlDJ to work? Awesome! Would like to know how to do the same one day (hackless build).
There was some miscommunication while typing this out. We never got BrawlDJ working. We'll, have this edited out ASAP.

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

alex9918

Smash Cadet
It seemed to be a mis-understanding via me and my dev team while i made the post, we didnt have brawldj working, sorry!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Not possible. The Alt Stages require Button Inputs
This is what I used to think, until I started using the 3.6 Netplay Build, which has all of FD's alts selected randomly. Whether you hit random stage and got FD, or picked FD by just pressing A or start. Not sure how ASL stuff works though, so I can't explain why or look into how.

alex9918

Smash Cadet
Not possible. The Alt Stages require Button Inputs
This is what I used to think, until I started using the 3.6 Netplay Build, which has all of FD's alts selected randomly. Whether you hit random stage and got FD, or picked FD by just pressing A or start. Not sure how ASL stuff works though, so I can't explain why or look into how.
So basically how to choose a random stage of an alt, just hold the button combo and select random. if the button combo doesn't exist it'll load base stage

alex9918

Smash Cadet

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Do you have this as a .zip? My computer won't download the entire file and refuses to open it.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Just curious, other than stages does this mod add anything? Like skins or music or anything?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Actually, Can you tell me the exact codes needed for the Stages to work, JUST THE STAGES I'm confused as to which Code I need

PZT

Smash Rookie
That's great and all but could you guys do us a solid and re-upload all those spreadsheets telling us which files correspond to which stages, music, costumes and so on?

PurplishBacon

Smash Cadet
Yea I just looked through the entire code list and the asl and sss codes aren't there. that's just the basic pm codeset.

WorseDoughnut

Smash Rookie
That's great and all but could you guys do us a solid and re-upload all those spreadsheets telling us which files correspond to which stages, music, costumes and so on?
Here you go.

Trimmed it down to relevant sheets (Music, Stages, Costumes, etc). Just realize that we never implemented any of the Costumes or Recolors. Left them there in case you wanted to grab the brawl vault links though.

Last edited:

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Can I ask how you make the stage select screen preview so large? Is it something to do in Brawlbox and if so where? Ive noticed this in other custom builds as well, and Id like to customize mine sort of like how it was designed in earlier versions of PM, and of course increase it's size.

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Can I ask how you make the stage select screen preview so large? Is it something to do in Brawlbox and if so where? Ive noticed this in other custom builds as well, and Id like to customize mine sort of like how it was designed in earlier versions of PM, and of course increase it's size.
We dumped the textures from Dolphin, made high resolution versions, and used Dolphin's custom texture loading feature to have it load the HD versions. They are extremely low resolution on Wii though, due to file size limits.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
there are multiple results screens? does that mean the result screen works in asl too?

PZT

Smash Rookie
Actually, Can you tell me the exact codes needed for the Stages to work, JUST THE STAGES I'm confused as to which Code I need
Yeah, same. I'm trying to figure out what codes you'd have to add to another .txt to make these stages work with Stage Clear and in the roster.

Last edited:

PurplishBacon

Smash Cadet
Thanx for fixing the codeset link thing.

EDIT: can you turn on copying and pasting for the codes please.

Last edited:

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
We dumped the textures from Dolphin, made high resolution versions, and used Dolphin's custom texture loading feature to have it load the HD versions. They are extremely low resolution on Wii though, due to file size limits.
Thats unfortunate because Im a hackless user atm and I dont plan to move to dolphin anytime soon. It can be used for homebrew though right? Because as far as I know dolphin uses the same build as the hacked version for Wii, or is it a hardware issue?

Oracle_Fefe

Smash Rookie
I know I am being rather picky for asking, but does there happen to be a linux(Ubuntu/Mint)-related method to install PMXP? I am presuming that it is closely similar to mac.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Thats unfortunate because Im a hackless user atm and I dont plan to move to dolphin anytime soon. It can be used for homebrew though right? Because as far as I know dolphin uses the same build as the hacked version for Wii, or is it a hardware issue?
It cannot be used for homebrew, unfortunately, and turning off custom textures in Dolphin will cause it to be low res once again. It's due to some extremely picky and annoying file size limitations that are hard coded into Brawl and essentially mean everything has to look terrible or the game will crash.

A bit lost as to what the Dolphin XP [Windows] folder is for...help?
Running Dolphin if you have Windows, but it should under no circumstances be deleted using any other OS, as it contains all necessary files for Dolphin to run.

I know I am being rather picky for asking, but does there happen to be a linux(Ubuntu/Mint)-related method to install PMXP? I am presuming that it is closely similar to mac.
I believe 1.5 includes a way to run the game off of Linux, though I'm not sure it has been tested.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Is there some way we can get the SSS Codes from the Spreadsheet, Copying and Pasting has been disabled so I can't use the Codes :\

slowbeatle

Smash Rookie
Is there an app or such to implement character recolors and skins myself? i wanna try to add em

Top Bottom