• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
YAY, Squirtle is my favourite of the three Trainers and I hope he is back as Dlc or otherwise. Water has always been my favourite pokemon type and my favourite element. I'm getting thirsty just talking about it.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Hype for turtle DLC~ also forgot to mention to ya R&G welcome to SWF aka SmashBoards.:shades: Brb water myself

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
Hype for turtle DLC~ also forgot to mention to ya R&G welcome to SWF aka SmashBoards.:shades: Brb water myself
Thanks.

If we get Squirtle DLC, I can't wait to have my Water vs Water battles. Greninja vs Squirtle.

I wonder what his new special would be?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
That type dittos MU. If we add PKMN logic in this Squirtle may have a better move-set if we refer to pre-evolutions leveling up for the stronger moves before evolving so this is speculation, but I still want the water aspect something Squirtle uses proudly & effectively in his move-set. Squirtle's specials were pretty good in brawl as far as water turtles fighting goes along with his new DownB bubble / bubblebeam in Project M, I wanna see something like this:

NeutralB = Water Gun* charges
SideB = ?
UpB = ?
DownB = ?

Edit: I did a quick skim of X & Y moves for Squirtle and found Aqua Jet, Skull Bash, Water Pulse, Water Pledge, & Water Gun as a fan favorite what do you think @ R Rosalina&Greninja ?

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I dig that surfing but for a Side B I'd have to tweak with it and adjust that. I dig that water shooting down though! Seemed like that was hot water resmebling scald...Idk about that but I like the ideas. Also how about for the theory-crafting on the Special varations for Squirtles NB he gets Water pulse that shoots out powerful water burst but short ranged?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Wait? When did these get their own topics? Surprised it took so long. Definitely needed to be done.

However, I don't support Squirtle unless he is DLC. I prefer them over Charizard but I don't want too many Pokemon

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
^ Which is what I respect @ NintenRob NintenRob , There's over 700 PKMN why can't we have a few DLC PKMN?:shades::squirtle:
Edit:

Wait? When did these get their own topics? Surprised it took so long. Definitely needed to be done.
Oh right sorry forgot to answer this. Squirtle & Ivysaur got their own topics an hour & 30 minutes ago.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, Squirtle's only real hope this point is DLC. If DLC does happen, I can definitely see Squirtle and Ivysaur returning. And I love all three of PT's Pokemon in Brawl, so I'm seriously hoping that this becomes a reality.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ R Rosalina&Greninja I was very skeptical about Squirtle's UpB because of the semi-huge debate between it being called Waterfall or Surf due to them being similar in description & visually the same. BUT finally went to http://www.ssbwiki.com/Squirtle_(PM) & skimmed down to read "Waterfall". So based off PM's move naming being right, I am content for mostly thinking it was Waterfall SO. yeah :shades: also @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon where you at bro we need your squirtleturtle'ing. The U-Throw and D-Throw sound amazingly intense though! Shell Shuttle and Hydro Slam?! Mm mm mm

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would actually love if Squirtle would fully evolve into Blastoise. If only to make him stand-out from Greninja more. I mean, two lightweight agile Water types isn't too interessting. But if we add Blastoise with his heavy ass shell, we have something completely else from Greninja.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Would actually love if Squirtle would fully evolve into Blastoise. If only to make him stand-out from Greninja more. I mean, two lightweight agile Water types isn't too interessting. But if we add Blastoise with his heavy *** shell, we have something completely else from Greninja.
I like that, Bowser as far as I know kind of ditched some of his turtle-like move-set? Blastoise would be quite the tank & there'd be no excuse for him to recover / jump / fight, because Sakurai can practically make almost ANYONE a fighting Smash character.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Would actually love if Squirtle would fully evolve into Blastoise. If only to make him stand-out from Greninja more. I mean, two lightweight agile Water types isn't too interessting. But if we add Blastoise with his heavy *** shell, we have something completely else from Greninja.
No; I'm not opposed, but that defeats the point, simply because he is a returning vet, it should be squirtle. We have some tough Pokemon already, and need more of the cute youthful ones. Essentially the difference between Jigglypuff and Squirtle, at this point, lies in in two points.

1- o12, which actually means nothing (and if Sakurai wanted to drop Ness, is harmful to Jiggs)
2- typing (if this matters, fairy addition. and Greninja being added). This mostly just adds support to either/both being DLC.

But on the front of them adding to the cute pokemon support, making it tank Blastoise just, truly, makes it a different pokemon.
@ R Rosalina&Greninja @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon where you at bro we need your squirtleturtle'ing. The U-Throw and D-Throw sound amazingly intense though! Shell Shuttle and Hydro Slam?! Mm mm mm
Asleep

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon G'morning time flew by so fast since that post. PT's thread has over 700+ posts, Squirtle thread goal being at least 200 sound possible?
I think we can beat 20 pages, man.
This guy has a lot of love.
Have you seen his face!
Have you seen it!!!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
My image of Squirtle doing Brawl Up tilts with a imaginary happy-go-lucky face in the process has forever changed my aspect for the turtle. Adorable head bumps~

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just get @ S synesthe-sia in here and we can get the ball going further.
I mean find the Squirtle fans, I've seen a ton across the forums, recruit them.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Squirtle returning would single handedly appease me for the undeserved bull lard that is Falco, Snake, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
If Squirtle isn't DLC, I'll be so upset that I'll go on the internet and complain about it. THAT WILL TEACH MASAHIRO SAKURAI TO **** WITH ME.

But no seriously, I'll be pissed. Considering that Mii's are in Smash Bros, I am in Smash Bros and therefore, I can live out my autistic fantasies. Pac-Man, Mega Man, Little Mac and Chrom aren't enough to fill the void.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I do like that point & the logic behind it. If we can be in Sm4sh so can Squirtle! (as DLC)

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Squirtle a generally popular Pokemon as well? He could definitely be a justifiable DLC character. I know Ivysaur isn't all that popular, but it'd be only fair to have him back. Mewtwo as well. No reason for any of these 3 to not come back. People would say "2 many pokemons lol" but it's kind of Sakurai's fault for putting so many in. ******* put Jigglypuff in over Meowth in N64. I cannot trust this man. RIP in peace Squirtle

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Isn't Squirtle a generally popular Pokemon as well? He could definitely be a justifiable DLC character. I know Ivysaur isn't all that popular, but it'd be only fair to have him back. Mewtwo as well. No reason for any of these 3 to not come back. People would say "2 many pokemons lol" but it's kind of Sakurai's fault for putting so many in. ******* put Jigglypuff in over Meowth in N64. I cannot trust this man. RIP in peace Squirtle
I'd say Squirtle's debut in Brawl was definitely more popular game-play wise by most players saying the turtle was a stronger character with slightly better MU's than Ivy or Zard. Pkmn has over 700 pkmn it's a HUGE universe / franchise, I don't mind 5 more pkmn haha.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If Squirtle isn't DLC, I'll be so upset that I'll go on the internet and complain about it. THAT WILL TEACH MASAHIRO SAKURAI TO **** WITH ME.

But no seriously, I'll be pissed. Considering that Mii's are in Smash Bros, I am in Smash Bros and therefore, I can live out my autistic fantasies. Pac-Man, Mega Man, Little Mac and Chrom aren't enough to fill the void.
Edit delete

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Chrom makes my heart break more.
I actively dislike him, and is thread here is unwelcoming to the aid of my attempt to try to take kindly to him preemptively.
I will attempt to scratch Chrom off of my disc, should be be on it. And I will go to little kids houses to destroy their Chrom Amiibos, pouring scalding water on it from my inevitable Squirtle one (since they are coming to the 3DS as well)
He's probably taking Marth's place as the seemingly obligatory high-tier FE character. I'm thinking he'll be a middleweight fighter. I'm hyped for him. Everyone will warm up to him as most did with WFT.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He's probably taking Marth's place as the seemingly obligatory high-tier FE character. I'm thinking he'll be a middleweight fighter. I'm hyped for him. Everyone will warm up to him as most did with WFT.
Edit: Squirtle Rocks. I want him in over other characters

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom makes my heart break more.
I actively dislike him, and is thread here is unwelcoming to the aid of my attempt to try to take kindly to him preemptively.
I will attempt to scratch Chrom off of my disc, should be be on it. And I will go to little kids houses to destroy their Chrom Amiibos, pouring scalding water on it from my inevitable Squirtle one (since they are coming to the 3DS as well)
We've never been hostile to you in the Chrom thread.

But let's keep discussion on Squirtle here.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I was a bit distant with the thread the moment FE was mentioned & continued being involved in posts =(

Would the Squirtle fans like to keep the mechanics about Squirtle? Shell-shifting, Hydro-techs etc..

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I was a bit distant with the thread the moment FE was mentioned & continued being involved in posts =(

Would the Squirtle fans like to keep the mechanics about Squirtle? Shell-shifting, Hydro-techs etc..
Same, man. Let's get this back to the good old
talk!

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
No... see, I'm not most people. I not only predicted WFT, but thought it necessary.
Chrom is a one hit unnecessary wonder that likely will not even appear in another FE emblem game, which makes me wonder what purpose he has in SSB as yet another uneventful character making Fire Emblem appear to have no variation to a SSB player who has not played that franchise.
Isn't Chrom appearing in that Fire Emblem crossover?

What other moves could get changed for Squirtle besides specials? And how about custom moves?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Rpsalina&Greninja said:
What other moves could get changed for Squirtle besides specials? And how about custom moves?
He's going to need a new Final Smash.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Depends. Only Mario's F.L.U.D.D. & Squirtle as a whole introduced water-based attacks. With not much to go by except for the other Brawl mods (Project M, Brawl- & Brawl+) all I can give out are customized specials ideas. Some moves used grounded or airborne had a few differences giver take, I'd say for grounded Waterfall it could be Surf? Wave of water as a means of mobility & positioning.

He's going to need a new Final Smash.
Hydro Cannon :shades:

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The only issue with Hydro Cannon on Squirtle is really how he's gonna do the FS move. Squirtle simply doesn't have the mini-cannons to pull that off so it has to be a vomiting projectile sort of thing that somehow miraculously is choreographed in a spinning combined water blast or something outrageous.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Sakurai could always go off rails and do something like a large spinning blast of water. I agree that it would have to come from the mouth, though. Hydro Cannon is one of the best water type representations from the games, being the ultimate water move and all.

I'm referencing one of Bowser's alternate neutral-B's (if you've seen it somewhere) where he just shoots out a spinning ball of fire forward. It's sort of like MegaMan's Final Smash vortex

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Sakurai could always go off rails and do something like a large spinning blast of water. I agree that it would have to come from the mouth, though. Hydro Cannon is one of the best water type representations from the games, being the ultimate water move and all.

I'm referencing one of Bowser's alternate neutral-B's (if you've seen it somewhere) where he just shoots out a spinning ball of fire forward. It's sort of like MegaMan's Final Smash vortex
Yeah, & by that description of a spinning ball of fire... like this? http://youtu.be/ipp6xSASWz8?t=27s
Squirtle could shoot Aqua blitz or something like I suppose

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom